Interstellar - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree but I never got people who moan about reviewers either.

Just stick to the ones that have the same taste as you. Simple.

I stopped caring after Ebert died. Chris Stuckmann is the closest critic I check out from time to time. :o

I still miss Roger too.
I would have loved to read his Interstellar review .

My terrible pictures from the premiere. I seriously forgot it was going to be today, and just happened to be walking through as it was getting started.

Jessica Chastain
10406754_10100358948715824_1549533707407713072_n.jpg

1381864_10100358954698834_5439340357301935012_n.jpg

Jonah Nolan, from across the street :oldrazz:
10710624_10100358952024194_8697185107170338804_n.jpg

Anne Hathaway
10298995_10100358962363474_251677817176775318_n.jpg

Wes Bentley, who only signed autographs for a hot second
67265_10100358963665864_9025789085816113415_n.jpg

Matthew McConaughey, who was a doll and barged right to the line of (professional) autograph hounders, and even came around twice. He's much smaller than I expected, for some reason.
10653649_10100359118884804_7193338482028671304_n.jpg

And of course, our master Chris Nolan. (Matthew's still signing in the corner, hence the crowd.)
10337720_10100358969858454_7781798848810984501_n.jpg

The line for Oculus Rift at CityWalk was 1.5 hrs long. The things I do for you, Nolan.

Last edited:
I guess I'm dreading the embargo lift a little...not because of some mixed/negative reviews, but because of the way people react to that. The last thing I want to see is another incident with critics receiving death threats. It's that kind of behavior that is A. pathetic and embarrassing, and B. likely a factor in why certain critics are eager to bust out their pitchforks and knock Nolan's films down a peg.

I've been saying this for a while, but I think the themes and ideas in this movie are just so big and exciting that it'd be a real shame for the resulting discussion to get marred in such petty BS. IMHO.
It's awful behavior, yes, but Edelstein acted like a braying jackass following the negative reaction to his Dark Knight review. An essay entitled (paraphrased) "It's bad and here's why you're wrong for liking it."

I also seem to recall another critic posting a *Rotten* review for Rises just to get a reaction. He liked the movie and quickly changed it.

It bothers me that Nolan's movies elicit these types of reactions. He's not the only filmmaker (or studio) with a large, sometimes obnoxious, fanbase. Not by a long shot.

Several things.

Anne looks absolutely gorgeous.

and this parody of Matthew McConaughey by Jim Carrey on SNL was priceless. These Lincoln commercials are the gift that just keeps on giving.

Several things.

Anne looks absolutely gorgeous.

and this parody of Matthew McConaughey by Jim Carrey on SNL was priceless. These Lincoln commercials are the gift that just keeps on giving.

Suck it Matthew McConaughey & his stupid car commercials

to me, when people call a movie pretentious, I always figure it means it's really ambitious, which I don't see as a fault.

I wouldn't disagree, the word "pretentious" gets thrown around way too often these days- especially from pretentious people.

to me, when people call a movie pretentious, I always figure it means it's really ambitious, which I don't see as a fault.
Neither. I take it more that the director really cares about the product and has given it their all.

It's awful behavior, yes, but Edelstein acted like a braying jackass following the negative reaction to his Dark Knight review. An essay entitled (paraphrased) "It's bad and here's why you're wrong for liking it."

I also seem to recall another critic posting a *Rotten* review for Rises just to get a reaction. He liked the movie and quickly changed it.

It bothers me that Nolan's movies elicit these types of reactions. He's not the only filmmaker (or studio) with a large, sometimes obnoxious, fanbase. Not by a long shot.

Oh, I agree. It's childish and petty behavior on both sides. All of it is inexcusable to me.

Also, can I just say Anne looks absolutely stunning in the premiere photos? Wow.

Edit: Heh, by the sounds of this tweet I'm guessing Faraci loved it:

Devil Faraci @devincf · 6h 6 hours ago
And sometimes you write a movie review that feels like the squeak of a mouse in the presence of the world's greatest orchestra.

Last edited:
Edit: Heh, by the sounds of this tweet I'm guessing Faraci loved it:

Devil Faraci @devincf · 6h 6 hours ago
And sometimes you write a movie review that feels like the squeak of a mouse in the presence of the world's greatest orchestra.

That sounds to me as if he didn't like it. "Squeak of the mouse" would be his review and "world's greatest orchestra" would be some of the over the top praise we've seen on Twitter.

I'm pretty sure Faraci gave an instant postive reaction.

I think he means whatever he types in praise of the film isn't enough to adequately describe how much he loved it.

I think he means whatever he types in praise of the film isn't enough to adequately describe how much he loved it.

Maybe so. Could go either way.

Meanwhile, David Ketchum is claiming he got an email that the embargo has been pushed back to November 3rd.

I'm not so sure now as he tweeted that his opinion now is different to what he originally thought.

Devil Faraci @devincf · 7h 7 hours ago
Sometimes you write a movie review and you end up arguing yourself to a different opinion than the one with which you started.

Yeah cant find any reviews online. TBH 27th always seem too far as I swear reviews for such big films dont normally come out 2 weeks early. However it also seems odd that they moved it back so close.

Reminiscent of the feud between James Cameron and LA Times critic Kenneth Turan. Turan didn’t like Titanic and wrote his negative review. Fair enough. But as the film became a phenomenon - breaking records and accumulating accolades - Turan wrote additional articles, which essentially condemned the public’s reaction to Titanic. Finally, Cameron wrote a testy rebuttal. :word:

I think Nolan has faced a lower-voltage version of this. At least some folks seem to reevaluate his movies based on their “meta-textual” status - the degree to which they’re popular, influential or perceived to be “over-rated.” But that’s not a judgment about the movies, per se; it’s a critique of something over which the director has no control.

Yeah cant find any reviews online. TBH 27th always seem too far as I swear reviews for such big films dont normally come out 2 weeks early. However it also seems odd that they moved it back so close.

The embargo was supposed to go until 8 AM Pacific, which is still 42 minutes from now. So it is possible that Ketchum is just trolling on the November 3rd thing.

Ohhh okay. Didnt know it was that specific thought it just had to cross midnight!

David Poland already posted a negative to Rotten Tomatoes. Embargo busted. Poland couldn't hold out any longer, lol. Not surprised he didn't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"