Interstellar - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts on how and why Rotten Tomatoes considers this to be Christopher Nolan's worst film? This film has scored a 73%, the critics believe this to be Nolan's worst film, with The Prestige being his second worst film.

I submit the following hypotheses, without evaluating which is the most probable one:

1) Years of Christopher Nolan being massively overrated by fifteen year-old boys the world has exasperated critics, and they're letting off steam with Interstellar.
2) The movie is too complex for the critics; they interpreted the use of a closed timeline curve as a "plot hole".
3) The movie is not too complex for them, they get the science, they just don't care and are not interested in seeing new worlds and seeing rotating black holes and seeing tesseracts. They don't want to hear about gravitational time dilation, they'd rather hear more about Murphy.
4) Topher Grace showed up and reminded them of Spider Man 3 and Predators.
5) The critics are offended by the politics of the film, and the whole idea that Earth's climate might go to **** and be rendered inhabitable to humans, and when they heard the line of dialogue about the moon landings being faked they thought it was an endorsement of the 9/11 "truth" movement.

I'll be honest, grasping what Black Holes may look like has always been tricky for me and the text books I've read rarely show illustrations that make a lot of sense. It still does my head in that these things are possible but seeing how it could look makes comprehending it easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"