Interstellar - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
2empf2o.png
2iln893.png
:hrt::hrt::hrt::hrt::hrt:
I liked the music. This exciting and dynamic. At 0:30 Anne crying. At 0:39 very unusual and interesting walking robot, it is clear that the basis of mathematics. At 0:41 Matthew looks cool in sweaty helmet. At 0:45 Anne's great upsets Matthew.

Last edited:
The music in that t.v spot sounds like Jokers theme. Quite maddening but I guess appropriate considering this movie has the possible demise of the human race.

That walking robot is ****ing weird looking. I did a double take.

TBH, I love that Chris didn't go for the conventional humanoid robots we're used to seeing in films. However, I do find the robots to be too clean and polished, a stark contrast to the other components of the ship seams to be ragtag.

[YT]_HhwLE5tw-M[/YT]

Wow, I honestly thought Zimmer made this. Had no idea it was from that movie. :funny:

Well we gotta at least wait till they come out. If Interstellar is indeed as good as these early reviews suggest and indeed taps very heavily into the zeitgeist it really is not much of a leap for it to get the win.

Even though his last 3 films have been big blockbusters Nolan has shown he is oscar caliber.

I'm not concerned either way. I'd love to see the film get awards recognition if it's as good as everyone says, but the film's potential greatness doesn't necessarily hinge on awards. That's not meant to be a preemptive dismissal of a possible snub, but just how I've always felt.

Birdman and Boyhood seem like the top two contenders. Either The Imitation Game or The Theory of Everything will be up there, each having similar context of looking at the lives of renowned geniuses. Gone Girl's a lock for a nomination. GBH could make it. Inherent Vice could spike in popularity/acclaim at the end of the year.

Prior to most of these films coming out, a nomination for Interstellar does seem very likely. The most critical aspect of its chances will be the human element of the story, and that seems like it will deliver. It's going to be as good a chance at awards as Nolan has ever had. :)

The thing with Oscar season is, you never know what will catch fire and start building momentum. That's why "expert" picks this early in the game are fairly pointless. Sure, it's pretty doable for them to approximate what the 10 nominations will be at this point, but that's about it.

I'd say a nomination is a slam dunk at this point, since it seems to be the only token "blockbuster" in the running this year.

Btw, is this film rated yet?

Last edited:
Yeah. I remember a few that were tipped to be big contenders that either just whimpered out or weren't as good as people thought they would be.

The Reader
Australia
Mandela
The Butler
American Hustle
The Tree of Life
J Edgar
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

Plus look at Gladiator, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, Forrest Gump the academy have shown that they do admire these vast epics that come out every once in a while that Interstellar could fit in.

A new TV Spot aired during ABC's Resurrection!

Just aired one on Sunday Night Football.

Everybody get on the hype train!
Train_Vehicle_in_Winter_Seasons_Free_HD_Wallpapers.jpg

~39 days left!

"We actually wanna get there in one piece."

There's a TV spot with [blackout]Tars carrying one of the astronauts[/blackout]. I want to see that! :awesome:

There's a TV spot with [blackout]Tars carrying one of the astronauts[/blackout]. I want to see that! :awesome:
:hehe: That should be funny.

Can't wait to hear what Hans came up with for this score. I think he'll have weird, spacey type sounds mixed in with Inceptiony 'Old Souls' ambience to get across the loneliness of their journey.

:hehe: That should be funny.

Can't wait to hear what Hans came up with for this score. I think he'll have weird, spacey type sounds mixed in with Inceptiony 'Old Souls' ambience to get across the loneliness of their journey.

From what I've read from the man he's trying to go in a different direction than what's become typical for him in recent years. Meaning against the "wall of sound" and presumably against the minimalistic themes and instrumentation. I don't know what expect from that exactly or if he'll even really succeed but it has me intrigued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"