Iron Fist Iron Fist General Discussion Thread - Part 4

Damn I hate that March Madness and the show came out the same weekend. Only on episode 4. Going to have to watch more after the games.

His hair and beard definitely was distracting at times. It made sense for him to come back to New York looking like a hipster hobo type. But dude, like get a haircut and shave your face.

Danny tends to be very clean shaven and clean cut in the comics.

On episode 4 right now, loving the series so far. Weakest part is the opening, DD and Luke Cage were better and I was always on the fence with JJ.

I just finished my binge. I enjoyed it, though I would say that it follows the Netflix trend of having the series peak somewhere between half way and two thirds into the season instead of right at the end. I can understand why some critics didn't like the corporate stuff if they were expecting non stop king fu action, but I didn't ever feel like it was poor storytelling. The harshness of some of the reviews is just baffling to me.

Thank you flick chick!
No problem. :)

Yeah the curly hair is weird too. He definitely doesn't have leading man looks.
Yeah, I know why they gave him facial hair - being familiar with Jones' clean-shaven appearance from GoT, he would be impossible to buy as any kind of badass without it, lol.

But it bothers me more than I'd care to admit that the kid playing young Danny had like the straightest hair ever.

I think the show improves gradually. I am currently on episode 4 and am enjoying it. The show has a lighter tone than the previous Netflix shows and I like that. I love the ladies in the show the actresses that play King and Joy are cute.

Just ended episode 2. So far I don't get why the critics are piledriving this. It's bumpy at times but I think it's setting up something interesting. I've seen plenty worse superhero TV shows.

Damn I hate that March Madness and the show came out the same weekend. Only on episode 4. Going to have to watch more after the games.

Same here. Except I got up to episode 6 due to watching 3 before games started

No problem. :)

Yeah, I know why they gave him facial hair - being familiar with Jones' clean-shaven appearance from GoT, he would be impossible to buy as any kind of badass without it, lol.

But it bothers me more than I'd care to admit that the kid playing young Danny had like the straightest hair ever.
My brother can't get over that fact. He has brought it up like 10 times, and we are on episode 3 right now. :funny:

So far I like the show quite a bit. I really like Danny and love Colleen.

Just started ep 8. The fact that I'm watching this instead of the NCAA tourney right now says enough. Second to the Daredevil(s), it's better than Luke Cage or Jessica Jones. I don't understand the hatred hype. I'm digging it.

Although, I do think Finn Jones was a bad choice. (side note: doubly so with his political excuses). Iron Fist has to be a white guy btw, just not this one, he's kind of weak.

But I'm still watching.

You are OUT OF YOUR MIND!! and lost all credibility saying this is better than Luke Cage and Jessica. :loco: then again, there is no right or wrong just personal opinions and your is as valid as the next guys, but dang- i couldn't disagree more with that statement. You saying that is actually shocking to me.

The first 6 episodes felt like an episode of 3s Company in the sense that something could have easily been explained and handled but ended up convuluted and drawn out for effect. Danny flew on the plane back to the States with no shoes?? I mean come on- he showed up to the company barefoot in dirty clothes and wanted to be taken serious?! The first 6 episode were overloaded with ridiculousness. I could list things item by item by i don't want to list any spoilers. I just didn't care about all the corporate stuff and Danny getting his company back... BORING!!!!!

My love for the other shows is what kept me going- and from episode 5-8 (i'm on 8 now) it does get a heck of a lot better, thank the heavens.

First 4 episodes= D+
Episodes 5-8= C+

The only good thing I can say is that each episode does seem to get better...

Working my way through ep 2 and this is a chore, guys. This is rough. I can see where the neagtive reviews came from. Its not BAD bad but it just feels.....off. I cant put my finger on it but I think the biggest thing is Finn Jones is not GRABBING me like Cox, Ritter and Colter did. Im waiting for the charming, funny, boy-ish Danny Rand to come out but i cant get a solid reading on this character.

But I'm sticking with it cuz I wanna see how this leads to Defenders.

Working my way through ep 2 and this is a chore, guys. This is rough. I can see where the neagtive reviews came from. Its not BAD bad but it just feels.....off. I cant put my finger on it but I think the biggest thing is Finn Jones is not GRABBING me like Cox, Ritter and Colter did. Im waiting for the charming, funny, boy-ish Danny Rand to come out but i cant get a solid reading on this character.

But I'm sticking with it cuz I wanna see how this leads to Defenders.

Stick with it. It picks up and Danny's gotten better as the show goes on IMO.

I watched 30 minutes of the first episode and I'm not sure I can go on. The writing and acting are so bad.

I watched 30 minutes of the first episode and I'm not sure I can go on. The writing and acting are so bad.

I think that uncomfortableness you feel is a reflection of how corny the show is, but as cringe worthy as the first 4-5 episodes are, and they are (don't be fooled by all the positive reviews here) I will encourage you to stick with it as it does get remarkably better as it progresses.

this show got me in the mood for some M&M's

thats really all I got

I'm 4 episodes in and i'm enjoying it. I can see why it may be boring for some, but the corporate stuff is intriguing for me. It's miles better than what Arrow has done even though it's not up to par with the other Netflix shows.

Also whenever Colleen shows up it's great. I would love to see a Daughters of the Dragon netflix show.

The first half of the first episode is pretty cringy but the show starts to greatly improve from the second episode onward, imo. I'm now through 10 episodes and I can honestly say that 7-10 is right up there with the best of DD and LC for me. Gonna try to watch the last 3 before bed.

How do you guys watch the whole series in one sitting lol. I watched 1 episode during lunch at work and have watched 3 more since I have gotten home. Have enjoyed all the episodes so far but have no desire to watch all 13. Did the same with DD which I also loved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• Lily Adler
    🔥🍨Getting hot scoops🍨🔥 (she/her)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"