Iron Fist Iron Fist General Discussion Thread - Part 4

Ok its 5am and i need some sleep.
Just finished episode 7 and so far the show is great. Not as good as daredevil or jj but i like it better than cage.
Best character do far has to be colleen.

I have come to the conclusion that the only reason this show got bad reviews because danny is white. It is defenitly not boring or got bad acting.

You are OUT OF YOUR MIND!! and lost all credibility saying this is better than Luke Cage and Jessica. :loco: then again, there is no right or wrong just personal opinions and your is as valid as the next guys, but dang- i couldn't disagree more with that statement. You saying that is actually shocking to me.

The first 6 episodes felt like an episode of 3s Company in the sense that something could have easily been explained and handled but ended up convuluted and drawn out for effect. Danny flew on the plane back to the States with no shoes?? I mean come on- he showed up to the company barefoot in dirty clothes and wanted to be taken serious?! The first 6 episode were overloaded with ridiculousness. I could list things item by item by i don't want to list any spoilers. I just didn't care about all the corporate stuff and Danny getting his company back... BORING!!!!!

My love for the other shows is what kept me going- and from episode 5-8 (i'm on 8 now) it does get a heck of a lot better, thank the heavens.

First 4 episodes= D+
Episodes 5-8= C+

The only good thing I can say is that each episode does seem to get better...

You said it's best when you said this is all personal opinion, for sure. And everything you said is fair enough, but also exactly what I would have said about JJ and LC. LC was just bad, and JJ was boring. (don't get me wrong, I soaked it all up and am enjoying the simple fact we get all this, regardless).

However, I encourage my friends to watch comic movies/films, and LC and JJ would be my last recommendation.

Cant wait to get back to Iron Fist as soon as this UCLA game is over.

Go Bruins!

You said it's best when you said this is all personal opinion, for sure. And everything you said is fair enough, but also exactly what I would have said about JJ and LC. LC was just bad, and JJ was boring. (don't get me wrong, I soaked it all up and am enjoying the simple fact we get all this, regardless).

However, I encourage my friends to watch comic movies/films, and LC and JJ would be my last recommendation.

Go Bruins!

Boo! Bear Down Arizona!

Ok its 5am and i need some sleep.
Just finished episode 7 and so far the show is great. Not as good as daredevil or jj but i like it better than cage.
Best character do far has to be colleen.

I have come to the conclusion that the only reason this show got bad reviews because danny is white. It is defenitly not boring or got bad acting.

I have to disagree with you. I'm in the middle of ep 3 and its slightly improving but I think problem definitely stems from Finn Jones as an actor. He's not BAD in the role but he spends most of the first two episodes meditating and wandering around and you have to be a pretty damn compelling actor a la Will Smith in I am Legend if we're going to spend 2 hours watching a character wander and drift and meditate aimlessly.

I think Finn is trying though, he's trying to inject charm into it but the writing of his character is failing him and he comes off oddly bipolar sometimes and its hard to get a solid reading on him. Within the first 15 mins of DD, Charlie Cox BECAME Matt Murdock and you got him immediately, the same with Ritter and Colter. They're really keeping you at arms length with Danny here and I think this is the source of the problem. Absolutely nothing to do with his race.

Boo! Bear Down Arizona!

Haha! I actually have you guys winning the whole thing in my pool (assuming Miller doesn't blow it as usual). You guys have a good region.

Hopefully we get to play each other again! :yay:

Go Bruins!

Encourage your African-American friends to see Luke Cage, especially the ones older than 30. There was a nod to 70s black explotation that was both nostalgic and new and fresh at the same time. I'm not sure everyone can appreciate that. It's funny i'm half black and white and parent are divorced but with my dad we would watch those shows all the time and he LOVED Luke for bringing that feeling back- so anyone that appreciated those movies back in the day would probably really love Luke Cage.

JJ wasn't like any other super hero movie or show I had seen before, it was so original and so full of emotion. I get that it might not have worked for everyone but it's critical acclaim might be a reason to reccomend that to friends.

But Iron Fist, is by the far the least original or inspired one of the bunch by a long shot. I would only recomend this one to hardciore Marvel fans. I am progressively enjoying the show more and more w/each episode (Just started e3pisode 10 now), but i'm not sure others will be as patient.

Watched the first two episodes. I like it more than Cage, but its definitely weaker than DD and JJ.

Anyone else feel like this show had its moments but the inconsistent characterization really ruined everything?

What is Scott Buck going to do to the Inhumans?

This started off bad, really really bad. But I'm up to episode 4 and it's found it's footing, to me at least.

This started off bad, really really bad. But I'm up to episode 4 and it's found it's footing, to me at least.

I'll be the first to say that this isn't as flamboyant or as stand out as the previous shows. I finished episode four myself. But... "Really, really bad"? I just don't see it in such dire terms at all.

"I’m texting my driver right now, which means he’s going to be pulling around the corner any second, and if you’re still with me when he gets here I’m going to ask him to detain you because he’s not just my driver, he’s also my guard. My armed guard."

Damn, that's some bad writing.

Yeah, the first episode was terrible. I can't be convinced otherwise. Things started to pick up around episode 3 for me

So I'm almost done with EP 3 and I do agree that the show is very slow paced and there have definitely been some spotty moments but I'm enjoying it so far. I like intrigue and I am definitely intrigued. The wife was actually begging to watch another one (rare) but I have to be up early.

"I’m texting my driver right now, which means he’s going to be pulling around the corner any second, and if you’re still with me when he gets here I’m going to ask him to detain you because he’s not just my driver, he’s also my guard. My armed guard."

Damn, that's some bad writing.

Yeah... I don't see how that's particularly incompetent in any way. But c'est la vie.

In my view Marvel's Netflix shows are still on a roll, I seriously have liked them all including this one. Though i will say I like Daredevil, JJ, and Luke Cage better.

Anyone else feel like this show had its moments but the inconsistent characterization really ruined everything?

What is Scott Buck going to do to the Inhumans?

Yeah pretty much. The Meachums so far have been pretty unlikable with no clear character motivations. Outside of Claire, Colleen and Danny, the characters weren't really hitting it for me.

The flaws are starting to show for me. The action has been pretty lackluster and not brutal enough especially when you compare this to Daredevil Season 1.

I think it's cool that they got Hoon Lee in this. I was pleasantly surprised that they got Master Splinter in this.

As for where they should take Danny next. I think that instead of Iron Fist Season 2, they should do Heroes for Hire with Luke Cage.

Why would the action be brutal? it's a homage to kung-fu films and Wushu which are very balletic and flashy martial arts. The fighting style in the show resembles Danny's int he comics and is meant to be more natural and fluid than DD's who is part brawler after all.

Watched the first two then jumped to the last. The pacing is interminable. The other series had their slow moments as well but nothing interesting really happens here. The fights are boring and repetitive of what we saw in Daredevil, just not as good. No way I'm going back to watch the other episodes.

I think they need to start cutting back these series to 8-10 episodes. Thankfully Defenders is only 8 so that hopefully makes for tighter storytelling.

I've been enjoying Iron Fist quite a bit. I imagine it will appeal more to Daredevil fans who weren't especially taken with Jessica Jones or Luke Cage. While the production quality is nowhere near that of Daredevil's, it very much feels like a natural successor to that show.

Note: If you've been eager for more insight into The Hand and its workings, be sure to tune in.

I don't know that the production quality is lower it's just that it's difficult to pull of a cinematic experience in day time with a TV show budget. Most of the potentially wonky scenes in Daredevil for example are shrouded in darkness somewhat, whereas most of the stuff in Iron Fist is laid bare. Maybe that's something that'll change if there's a second season, because visually the best stuff was all at night I'd say.

I liked the first episode quite a bit actually. Nothing outstanding but decent.

Watching ep 2 now, all right so far but omg why does Danny have to be so infuriatingly stupid? It bugs me so much, it's like he doesn't think about anything he says or does and goes on doing stupid stuff without any plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"