Iron Fist Iron Fist General Discussion Thread - Part 4

The one thing I hope they don’t skimp on is the white paint on Typhoid Mary’s face/body when she’s in her Typhoid phase.

I want this to be good, but that little trailer didn't really fill me with faith after season 1. Hopefully I have reason to watch this beyond Henwick and Eve.

I want this to be good, but that little trailer didn't really fill me with faith after season 1. Hopefully I have reason to watch this beyond Henwick and Eve.

I will say the fighting looks much better in that little clip when compared to the first season fights.

It's a small teaser that doesn't really do much imo. Though seeing that ine pic of Davos in the mask is certainly interesting.

I will say the fighting looks much better in that little clip when compared to the first season fights.
Does it? He still doesn't look capable imo. Like compared to something like Into the Badlands or Daredevil, it looks really poor imo.

Does it? He still doesn't look capable imo. Like compared to something like Into the Badlands or Daredevil, it looks really poor imo.

The fight choreography itself isn't anything special, the camera work and editing is. The choreography in season one wasn't necessarily bad, a lot of the problems came with filming and editing. Since Finn wasn't particularly trained as well as he should have been they had to make more cuts to hide that. Unlike Daredevil where you can just have the stunt guys and well rehearse actors go at it which allows for much longer cuts. Cinematography and editing goes a long way into making a scene look epic. Having the pov shift to the guy who hits the ground is a more interesting shot composition than anything I can remember in season one.

It's a small teaser that doesn't really do much imo. Though seeing that ine pic of Davos in the mask is certainly interesting.
I saw that pic and thought the mask looked a little cheap. I'm wondering if that's like Luke's original comic costume or Cap's USO outfit, something that looks cheap because it's 100% accurate and will make the final version seem better. At the very least I'm happy to see they're laying the ground work for it.

I saw the panel and footage if anyone has any questions.

Basically, the panel was a good hard sell that the creators listened to feedback and were trying to change the show and answer to the problems of the first season.

Basically, the panel was a good hard sell that the creators listened to feedback and were trying to change the show and answer to the problems of the first season.
Well, you've been obsessed the most about it. What's his costume look like? :oldrazz:

Can you tell us more about the clips? Especially the Mary one... was Joy in the clip?

Can you tell us more about the clips? Especially the Mary one... was Joy in the clip?

Yes I can. Here's my description of the clips. Spoilers for safety:

-Danny is wearing a hoodie and some cloth over his mouth. He sees a cargo truck and starts running toward it in a game of chicken. He then sidesteps it and smashes the engine with his fist, causing it to crash. He then starts fighting a bunch of criminals who get out of the truck. Some of them had guns. He de-arms them by using his Iron Fist power and smashing the ground.

- In another clip, Colleen starts fighting guys in the kitchen of a Chinese restaurant. It looks like there could be a Triad war going on in Chinatown that they are trying to stop. Another group of Triad criminals comes into the front of the restaurant, which looks like the same one from Defenders. Danny tries to stall them and jokes about his girlfriend being in a bad mood while Colleen is beating up those thugs. Danny then starts fighting the criminals in the front. There's a cool move where one pulls a knife on Danny and he throws it into the wall.

- We see the fight scene between Davos and Danny for the rite to face Shao Lao to determine the next Iron Fist. This is set in a large temple in K'un L'un. They are both given head masks that are basically the Iron Fist mask from the comics. Based on a source, this will be the only time Danny wears the mask this season :( . It's a very long brutal fight. The impression is that the fight goes on for a day if not longer. Davos is wailing on Danny who tries to get him to yield. Danny refuses. After the sunlight starts shining through the temple, Danny figures out a way to use the glare to blind Davos and defeat him. K'un L'un elders are watching them fight, including Hoon Lee as Lei Kun the Thunderer. He declares Danny the victor.

- We see Misty and Colleen in a fight scene together. They are on their own in this scene. They are in what appears to be some kind of drug lab or den. The thugs in this scene are all women. They appear to be looking for someone, a friend or some such who is missing. Not sure if it's Danny. Eventually they start fighting the female thugs. Colleen looks to be enjoying herself and having fun.

- The scene with Alice Eve, I don't recall the other woman in that scene was Joy. Basically, they go to a high rise apartment looking for someone. I think they are looking for Mary Walker to question her. She then attacks them and is basically going crazy. She has one of her machetes. I recall she uses it to get the drop on I believe Colleen before she escapes.

- One of the last scenes was Davos going to a nightclub to speak to a Triad leader and beats up some body guards. The Triad leader said if he was trying to audition to work for him, he's impressed. I think Davos basically said the Triad war was over. He beats up the leader's thugs, who then tries to fight Davos. Davos smashes everyone and shows that he has also somehow been able to unlock the powers of the Iron Fist. Either that, or he was able to create a similar type of power.

- After that the last clip was the rest of the above Davos/Danny fight from K'un L'un.

Once again, they were really trying to sell that the stunts fighting and everything will be better this season, and it will be less of the ****** boardroom politics.

Well, you've been obsessed the most about it. What's his costume look like? :oldrazz:

There's still no actual costume. We see a fight between Danny and Davos in K'un L'un where they wear the Iron Fist mask. They both wear it, and it is definitely the mask from the comics, and it actually looks cool and badass.

In this scene, the rest of what they are wearing are white gi's with yellow sashes.

Based on my source, that's about the extent of what Danny wears this season similar to the comics.

So, while I'm happy he wears the mask, I'm disappointed he doesn't get the actual Iron Fist costume this season :(

-Danny is wearing a hoodie and some cloth over his mouth. He sees a cargo truck and starts running toward it in a game of chicken. He then sidesteps it and smashes the engine with his fist, causing it to crash. He then starts fighting a bunch of criminals who get out of the truck. Some of them had guns. He de-arms them by using his Iron Fist power and smashing the ground.

- In another clip, Colleen starts fighting guys in the kitchen of a Chinese restaurant. It looks like there could be a Triad war going on in Chinatown that they are trying to stop. Another group of Triad criminals comes into the front of the restaurant, which looks like the same one from Defenders. Danny tries to stall them and jokes about his girlfriend being in a bad mood while Colleen is beating up those thugs. Danny then starts fighting the criminals in the front. There's a cool move where one pulls a knife on Danny and he throws it into the wall.

- We see the fight scene between Davos and Danny for the rite to face Shao Lao to determine the next Iron Fist. This is set in a large temple in K'un L'un. They are both given head masks that are basically the Iron Fist mask from the comics. Based on a source, this will be the only time Danny wears the mask this season :( . It's a very long brutal fight. The impression is that the fight goes on for a day if not longer. Davos is wailing on Danny who tries to get him to yield. Danny refuses. After the sunlight starts shining through the temple, Danny figures out a way to use the glare to blind Davos and defeat him. K'un L'un elders are watching them fight, including Hoon Lee as Lei Kun the Thunderer. He declares Danny the victor.

- We see Misty and Colleen in a fight scene together. They are on their own in this scene. They are in what appears to be some kind of drug lab or den. The thugs in this scene are all women. They appear to be looking for someone, a friend or some such who is missing. Not sure if it's Danny. Eventually they start fighting the female thugs. Colleen looks to be enjoying herself and having fun.

- The scene with Alice Eve, I don't recall the other woman in that scene was Joy. Basically, they go to a high rise apartment looking for someone. I think they are looking for Mary Walker to question her. She then attacks them and is basically going crazy. She has one of her machetes. I recall she uses it to get the drop on I believe Colleen before she escapes.

- One of the last scenes was Davos going to a nightclub to speak to a Triad leader and beats up some body guards. The Triad leader said if he was trying to audition to work for him, he's impressed. I think Davos basically said the Triad war was over. He beats up the leader's thugs, who then tries to fight Davos. Davos smashes everyone and shows that he has also somehow been able to unlock the powers of the Iron Fist. Either that, or he was able to create a similar type of power.

- After that the last clip was the rest of the above Davos/Danny fight from K'un L'un.

Once again, they were really trying to sell that the stunts fighting and everything will be better this season, and it will be less of the ****** boardroom politics.

That’s good to hear. Would you say they’ve done a better job based on the clips you saw?
it’s a shame about the mask/uniform... is it from a solid source that he doesn’t get one?

I was unimpressed by that teaser we got. I wish there was something more dynamic than the basic fist fighting we got. Also, the pic of the mask on Davos left a lot to be desired. I'll wait till there's an official pic of it before I make up my mind on it. The mask from the old footage still looks more badass.

That’s good to hear. Would you say they’ve done a better job based on the clips you saw?
it’s a shame about the mask/uniform... is it from a solid source that he doesn’t get one?

TO the first one, based on the clips, yes I think they are taking it in the right direction. But I reserve the right to say I'd like to watch the whole season before we truly know for sure.

To the second one, yes, I would say it is. And I think it's a realistic prediction because these shows tend to be anti-costume ;)

Ughhh why is it they're so adamant against giving us that tho? Is it too much to ask? Do they think it cant be done in live action somehow? Thats infuriating, man.

All of that sounds awesome.

Ughhh why is it they're so adamant against giving us that tho? Is it too much to ask? Do they think it cant be done in live action somehow? Thats infuriating, man.
I think the footage we saw at Comic-Con proves it can be done. Davos and Danny both wore Iron Fist masks, basically straight out of the comics and they looked so cool. It got one of the biggest reactions from the crowd.

My bet is he decides to wear the mask full time by end of season.

That's great to hear the fighting is more solid than the first season, but I still think you need some boardroom drama. It's part of Danny's character and it balances out the show. Plus Ward was arguably MVP of last season.

Well Ward is in this season. I could definitely leave that material. A lot of it last season went nowhere.

Last edited:
Now see, I always felt Harold was the standout. I still think that, given the father figure he played to Danny, if he hadn't already been in an MCU role, he would've made for a good Norman Osborn. But then, nothing's stopped MCU actors from double dipping in the films and Netflix shows before.

I wish some word on a Blu Ray here in the states would finally come! :cmad:

The fight choreography itself isn't anything special, the camera work and editing is. The choreography in season one wasn't necessarily bad, a lot of the problems came with filming and editing. Since Finn wasn't particularly trained as well as he should have been they had to make more cuts to hide that. Unlike Daredevil where you can just have the stunt guys and well rehearse actors go at it which allows for much longer cuts. Cinematography and editing goes a long way into making a scene look epic. Having the pov shift to the guy who hits the ground is a more interesting shot composition than anything I can remember in season one.
I think the camera work and editing are still poor, which is exactly why I can tell the choreography is poor. Why I can tell he is so slow.

Into the Badlands make Nick Frost look like an all time bad ass. :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"