Iron Man 3, Man of Steel or Star Trek: Into Darkness Thread

Man of Steel by a lot (I'd also really only consider an 8.5)

Then STID (as a massive ST09 fan I can't believe how disappointed I was by this film)

Then right at the bottom Iron Man 3. It was just awful to me. I really really like Iron Man 1 (though consider it nothing more than a Summer Blockbuster done extremely well) and even someone who could happily watch Iron Man 2 this was just bad. Some points made no sense. Stark was a complete d*** from beginning to end and it was the ultimate waste of a lot of potential. The twist itself didn't even bother me!

My order is

1. Star Trek: Into Darkness
2. Man of Steel (close)
3. Iron Man 3 (far below either of the others, to me)

I'd take MOS, then STID, then Iron Man 3. But I didn't feel like any of them were incredible.

I was disappointed by all 3 but trek was If i had to pick 1 the better of three but that's not saying much.Iron Man 3 was clearly the worst one of 3 to me.

Star Trek Into Darkness - Trailer (Iron Man 3 mash up)

[YT]lIiqALMCE3o[/YT]

Iron Man 3 is the only one I liked. Bleh to Into Darkness, which was directed well enough, but plotted and written by hacks, and MOS, well....

Here's hoping Pacific ****** changes that.

Pacific Rim (aural and visual greatness; no misplaced cynicism)

Iron Man 3 (pretty good movie)

The Wolverine (two thirds of a good character film)

Into Darkness (bad writing saved by exhilarating filmmaking)

Man of Steel

1. Man of Steel - This one I liked far more than the other too. Easily my favorite film of the year so far and one of the best in the genre.

2. Iron Man 3 - Good movie, even if some things didn't work. RDJ did seem to be on autopilot a bit though.

3. STID - I had a multitude of issues with this movie... it baffles me how it got so many great reviews. I guess these days, when you run out of new ideas, it's perfectly acceptable to just start aping the sh** out of an better film.

Man of Steel- excellent hero and compelling villain with an excellent, consequence-ridden climax and visually stunning. Looks forward instead of back to a controversial extent, but I loved it.

Star Trek Into Darkness- excellent hero and compelling villain, but a somewhat lacking climax that doesn't really take any chances. Looks backwards and forwards, but the former suffers in the climax with repeated dialogue.

Iron Man 3- excellent, but still overly immature, hero with a competent but unimpressive villain, with a strong climax that makes the supporting cast a bit more impressive than the still wonderful lead. Clearly intelligent and subversive when dealing with cliches and tropes, but still suffers from a banal villainous plot.

I like all three, but I'm a sucker for character arcs and epic but personal conflicts, and I think Man of Steel had that in spades.

Iron Man 3.

Out of the three choices, it's the only one I felt was really trying to do something fresh with the genre. And it's the only I've been consistently thinking about since I've seen it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"