BvS Is anyone else not excited about Superman and Batman? I feel nothing but dread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ This. I'm starting to not know my way around or where I'm posting at anymore whatsoever, lol. Anyway, I don't dread it at all. I'm actually stoked. I just hope they stay true to Supes and allow this to be HIS movie first and foremost. I'm confident about that.

With a movie title Batman vs. Superman or Superman vs. Batman I don't see this being mostly focused on Superman anymore.

With a movie title Batman vs. Superman or Superman vs. Batman I don't see this being mostly focused on Superman anymore.

The movie title wasn't announced. What exactly are we going to go by for focusing on Batman? MOS's entire cast is returning and this Batman is ALL new. He's just being introduced. There will be confrontation between the too, obviously (they aren't going to just put on boxing gloves and fight for 2 hours) but this is still Superman's world and sequel to the aftermath of MOS. Bruce is stepping into Supes's universe, not the other way around.

Last edited:
I don't want Superman to get shortchanged in favor of Batman, but I need to hear more concrete info before declaring the sky is falling.

^ This. I'm starting to not know my way around or where I'm posting at anymore whatsoever, lol. Anyway, I don't dread it at all. I'm actually stoked. I just hope they stay true to Supes and allow this to be HIS movie first and foremost. I'm confident about that.

Including Batman sounds like a serious departure from the concept of allowing this to be Superman's movie first and foremost.

Including Batman sounds like a serious departure from the concept of allowing this to be Superman's movie first and foremost.

If Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Laurence Fishbourne, Diane Lane and I would think Henry Lennix all returning for this movie, where is there going to be time to shortchange Superman, let alone the countless number of Lex-Corpe logos, which means Lex ill probably be fleshed out as the main villain?

This isn't going to be a Batman origin story in this sequel. I think we'll see Bruce Wayne introduced and somehow be implemented into the story, whether it be a straight businessman coinciding first-hand with Lex or a secondary character before the big confrontation between the two Worlds Finest but I don't think nothing in Superman's world is going to be scrapped whatsoever. We will be getting the continuation of Supe's aftermath fleshed out as we would from a solo MOS sequel, but with Batman written in to combat and confront Supes in one form or another.

I'm just going by my gut and common sense as to how the announcement was made and how they will make it work. Some people think this is just going to be a Superman VS Batman movie with WB scrapping all that they came up with for MOS. That's defiantly not the case. Atleast not in how I'm reading all of it.

If Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Laurence Fishbourne, Diane Lane and I would think Henry Lennix all returning for this movie, where is there going to be time to shortchange Superman, let alone the countless number of Lex-Corpe logos, which means Lex ill probably be fleshed out as the main villain?

So then Batman will be shortchanged, and will be a largely superfluous character.

Either way, it will be a flaw with the film.

So then Batman will be shortchanged, and will be a largely superfluous character.

Batman won't be short-changed. I think most people are expecting a Christian Bale level of influence and TDK universe colliding with MOS. If THAT was the case, then it would be a flaw and difficult to do this. Fortunately, this is a NEW Batman and people will need to sink their teeth into this all new character, so he won't be fleshed out probably until JL. After JL is when the new Bat-reboot will take off and maybe we'll get another solo Supes film and Flash/WW by that time too, which would set up JL 2.

This is Bats introduction to this new world. Noone will be shortchanged. Am I the only one who feels this way?:007

Batman won't be short-changed. I think most people are expecting a Christian Bale level of influence and TDK universe colliding with MOS. If THAT was the case, then it would be a flaw and difficult to do this. Fortunately, this is a NEW Batman and people will need to sink their teeth into this all new character, so he won't be fleshed out probably until JL and afer Justice League, the new Bat-reboot will take off.

This is Bats introduction to this new world. Noone will be shortchanged. Am I the only one who feels this way?:007

Probably. But I admire your optimism. :woot:

Batman won't be short-changed. I think most people are expecting a Christian Bale level of influence and TDK universe colliding with MOS. If THAT was the case, then it would be a flaw and difficult to do this. Fortunately, this is a NEW Batman and people will need to sink their teeth into this all new character, so he won't be fleshed out probably until JL and afer Justice League, the new Bat-reboot will take off.

And you don't think it will be super distracting to audiences that this new version of a huge character with a huge mythos that everyone knows and loves is just kind of in the movie and barely addressed?

Besides, the film's logo is a combined Batman/Superman logo. His role isn't going to be as small as you describe.

This isn't going to be a Batman origin story in this sequel. I think we'll see Bruce Wayne introduced and somehow be implemented into the story, whether it be a straight businessman coinciding first-hand with Lex or a secondary character before the big confrontation between the two Worlds Finest but I don't think nothing in Superman's world is going to be scrapped whatsoever. We will be getting the continuation of Supe's aftermath fleshed out as we would from a solo MOS sequel, but with Batman written in to combat and confront Supes in one form or another.

I'm just going by my gut and common sense as to how the announcement was made and how they will make it work. Some people think this is just going to be a Superman VS Batman movie with WB scrapping all that they came up with for MOS. That's defiantly not the case. Atleast not in how I'm reading all of it.

I agree with you for the most part. It's just that if they market this film as a World's Finest or Superman VS. Batman movie, it's going to be looked at by fans and the general public as a very different animal than a MOS sequel. They need to be very clear as to what their intentions are. Now, if this is a genuine team-up film where both Superman and Batman get ample screen time, I have no problem with WB and DC referring to their film as World's Finest. If it's a Superman sequel, however, where Batman is treated as a supporting character, then the public needs to know that. Don't BS fans and general audiences with the promise of a team-up film (like Avengers) if that's not what we're going to get.

Exactly -- unless they market the film as something different than a Batman Superman movie, which is pretty much impossible now.

Batman won't be short-changed. I think most people are expecting a Christian Bale level of influence and TDK universe colliding with MOS. If THAT was the case, then it would be a flaw and difficult to do this. Fortunately, this is a NEW Batman and people will need to sink their teeth into this all new character, so he won't be fleshed out probably until JL. After JL is when the new Bat-reboot will take off and maybe we'll get another solo Supes film and Flash/WW by that time too, which would set up JL 2.

You're not alone dude, I'm nothing but excited as hell for this movie.

And you don't think it will be super distracting to audiences that this new version of a huge character with a huge mythos that everyone knows and loves is just kind of in the movie and barely addressed?

Besides, the film's logo is a combined Batman/Superman logo. His role isn't going to be as small as you describe.

My focus is totally on Bruce Wayne and not Batman. I never said I feel his role is going to be small. AT ALL. I just feel Bruce will be more fleshed out with screen time as Lex would than Batman. I guess I see Bruce getting equal screen time as say... Lex and maybe some shadowy Bat references.

The confrontation will be there. The Supes / Bats throwndown, however executed, is happening.

I just think they will wait until late in the 3rd act to do this and finally reveal Bruce in the suite to meet Supes face to face but the sole plot will be mainly focused on the aftermath of MOS with Bruce involved with Lex.

My focus is totally on Bruce Wayne and not Batman. I never said I feel his role is going to be small. AT ALL. I just feel Bruce will be more fleshed out with screen time as Lex would than Batman. I guess I see Bruce getting equal screen time as say... Lex and maybe some shadowy Bat references.

The confrontation will be there. The Supes / Bats throwndown, however executed, is happening.

I just think they will wait until late in the 3rd act to do this and finally reveal Bruce in the suite to meet Supes face to face but the sole plot will be mainly focused on the aftermath of MOS with Bruce involved with Lex.

I see no indication that the film makers involved are capable of that level of restraint.

I see no indication that the film makers involved are capable of that level of restraint.

I would agree if this was Christian Bale and TDK Batman, but it isn't. This is a totally new Batman being introduced and he will be totally different. I just don't see this new guy, whoever it may be, coming in, doing his thing and audiences just forced to accept it just because he's Batman. I think most people are underrating the fact of the pressure this new Batman has on his shoulders. They aren't going to throw him to the wolves and let this unknown character have the floor to play with. I just don't see it.

WB needs to find the medium and give us a one helluva movie where we will be on the edge of our seat and when the confrontation DOES happen (oh, and it IS..) that it will just blows peoples mind. Suspense. Anticipation. You can't have that if you just....give Batman a huge role from line-one.

I think it's confusing to people because, even though the original cast of MOS is returning, it's not a traditional sequel. It's a sequel + a team-up/confrontation all in one. When you look at Nolan's Batman trilogy, there's a natural progression to those films as well as their titles. In several years, looking back on what could be a Superman trilogy, though, a middle film entitled Superman VS. Batman/World's Finest sort of goes against that aforementioned natural progression.

I think it's confusing to people because, even though the original cast of MOS is returning, it's not a traditional sequel. It's a sequel + a team-up/confrontation all in one. When you look at Nolan's Batman trilogy, there's a natural progression to those films as well as their titles. In several years, looking back on what could be a Superman trilogy, though, a middle film entitled Superman VS. Batman/World's Finest sort of goes against that aforementioned natural progression.

I agree 100%, and in a weird, awesome and downright terrible way (haha) I think this is what WB and Snyder wanted. The buzz is huge. It's all just assumption at this point and no real news regarding back-story won't be known (or maybe even the title) for probably a few more months, let alone the Bat casting.

It's defiantly already brewing. WB has the fans right where they want them in this one. I think it's brilliant....

I agree 100%, and in a weird, awesome and downright terrible way (haha) I think this is what WB and Snyder wanted.

Absolutely, they want this! It's like having your cake and eating it. Even though I'm personally excited about the prospect, it's hard not to feel like their rushing with everything all for profitable gain though. I guess now is as good a time as any for people to stop comparing this to Nolan's Batman trilogy because WB is clearly not going in an exclusive direction with Superman this time around.

If this is a Superman movie then Batman cannot be expected to shine along with Superman. I can't imagine Batman being in all his glory when this is the first we see of him with a Superman coming off a solo film and with issues that needs immediate fleshing out.

Logically this film is a MOS sequel with a guest appearance from Batman.

If this is a full out Versus film someone will be painted in a bad light. Someone will lose.

There needs to be a powerful villain or army of villains.

Goyer said Superman will be realized. The WB say that there will be a face off. Snyder put a Worlds Finest logo.

All those three scenarios conflict with each other.

Superman and Batman is a gamble. Marvel has the first mover advantage and the MCU is coming along tidily so WB needed to respond. They saw TA2 in 2015 and raised them the World's Finest, and what a trump card to pull.

How much of a calculated gamble remains to be seen, but I have a feeling there wouldn't be a middle ground for this movie. By 2015, comic book movies will well become the norm and our standards then will be higher than ever. Considering all the reservations and concerns aired, the movie could fail spectacularly, but it could well be the Best. Thing. Ever.

Last edited:
This thread is in this current position...
jump-off-cliff.jpg
Not really. no.

If this is a Superman movie then Batman cannot be expected to shine along with Superman. I can't imagine Batman being in all his glory when this is the first we see of him with a Superman coming off a solo film and with issues that needs immediate fleshing out.

Logically this film is a MOS sequel with a guest appearance from Batman.

If this is a full out Versus film someone will be painted in a bad light. Someone will lose.

There needs to be a powerful villain or army of villains.

Goyer said Superman will be realized. The WB say that there will be a face off. Snyder put a Worlds Finest logo.

All those three scenarios conflict with each other.

Because, like I said before, they want to have their cake and eat it. Their intent, I think, is to stuff quite a bit into just one movie, which will be a pretty daunting task especially if this thing clocks under three hours.

Dread? None for me. Goyer may not be the best scribe for this project for some of you but am 100% sure we will not get a green lantern or batman and robin type of nonsense. This movie wont be terrible, far from it. The question for me is, whether it will live upto its true potential which is one of, if not, the greatest cbm movie we have ever seen.

No, Im definitely excited at the possibilities this would open up for the DC universe. I think it's the perfect way to introduce a new Batman without having to retread an origin story everyone already knows. I also think its a great way for this young Superman to learn of humanity and a way of dealing with issues using restraint. I would have love to be getting a solo sequel movie but at the same time I can understand WB's thinking of getting the ball rolling. Im all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"