BvS Is anyone else not excited about Superman and Batman? I feel nothing but dread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand the appeal of a fight, but it shouldn't be the main focus, Lex Luthor's the bad guy here. It's probably the title bothering me.

I agree, it shouldn't be the main focus. I think it will be the most heavily advertised part of the movie, though. I wouldn't mind a title change to WF, but to be fair, a lot could happen with the title from now until 2015.

Not interested. Putting the two of them on one film just sounds like an excuse to pack people in the theater seats.
I think it's fair to say that is the objective of all movies shown in theaters.

Batman + Superman at least, to me, promises the opportunity to see two intriguingly mismatched characters come together in the great tradition of buddy-movies. I find that premise much more satisfactory than something like "The Avengers", which is really about finding something for everyone to do.

And that right there why B/S sounds more appealing to me than movies like JL or Avengers.

The idea that this is MOS 2 is bull crap.Whats the title?Superman vs Btamsn-right there gives you a good idea on what the storys main focus is and its not continuing MOS1 journey.The fact we have the MOS franchise completely hijacked by teamups just pisses me off.

Is it officially Superman v Btamsn?

Superman vs Batman or Batman vs Superman-This are the titles they are brainstorming on-that immediately tells you what kind of story you are getting.

Doesn't take a lot of BRAINstorming if they're really between these kinds of titles.

Anyway, I wouldn't bet on a "vs" title. Then again, this is Snyder. And Goyer.

Doesn't take a lot of BRAINstorming if they're really between these kinds of titles.

Anyway, I wouldn't bet on a "vs" title. Then again, this is Snyder. And Goyer.

Who knows how much say Synder and Goyer have in the title of the film.

Batman vs Superman or the other way around is too crass. They should either go Man of Steel: World's Finest, or just keep it clean as World's Finest. It doesn't need Batman in the title (just like Superman with MOS). It'll have the Bat in the logo, plus the marketing will be sure to let everyone know Batman is in the film.

If you find substance, that's great. Every time you pop in the BluRay you're bound to have a great time. Doesn't make what I said pretentious in the slightest, especially when it's my honest opinion.

Again, not what I meant. You made it sound like Marvel don't try to put substance into their movies and embrace the shallowness of their movies. That is not the same as thinking their movies have no substance. I would defend SM3 (which I don't like) if someone said Raimi didn't try to put substance into the movie.

Last edited:
Batman vs Superman or the other way around is too crass. They should either go Man of Steel: World's Finest, or just keep it clean as World's Finest. It doesn't need Batman in the title (just like Superman with MOS). It'll have the Bat in the logo, plus the marketing will be sure to let everyone know Batman is in the film.

Co-signed

I think it's fair to say that is the objective of all movies shown in theaters.

Batman + Superman at least, to me, promises the opportunity to see two intriguingly mismatched characters come together in the great tradition of buddy-movies. I find that premise much more satisfactory than something like "The Avengers", which is really about finding something for everyone to do.

If done well ( and I actually have a lot of faith here after MOS) the parts could be exceeded by the whole. I love their interactions in the animated universe for example. I could get onboard with Paul Dini being involved certainly though.

I honestly believe Batman vs Superman (or Superman vs Batman) is what they will go with. Put both of those heroes names in a movie title and you're already at 500 million box office.

I don't see the problem with just a simple Superman/Batman title. It's not forgettable and obviously stars both of the heroes. WF is known to us but it's vague to the GA. I remember having a few friends who had no idea Man of Steel was a Superman movie, so I can only imagine how World's Finest would be.

If it weren't Snyder/Goyer, I'd be more optimistic. I honestly don't want a "real-world" take on Batman anymore, which is what we got in the Nolan movies. And since MoS was a "real-world" take on Superman (what would happen if we found out about aliens) then it's safe to reason we wont be getting anything fantastical with this new Batman either.

Just call it Man of Steel: World' Finest on the East Coast and The Dark Knight: World's Finest on the West Coast. :o

Or just World's Finest.

A lot of the issues raised with MOS are things people were hoping would be resolved in the sequel. The things we wanted to see more of, the aspects that were missing, the consequences of the events of the last film etc.

And I can't help feeling like the problems we were hoping might be wrapped up in a sequel, won't be now that the focus is going to have to be split for Batman to be introduce into this world. :(

Probably not, sweetie. :(

There's something extremely funny about your comment, Libido.

Maybe it's just the fact that you're being so blunt and harshly honest. At least try to console her lmao.

:funny:

Don't worry, I'm pretty much unconsolable.

But I appreciate the effort :)

A lot of the issues raised with MOS are things people were hoping would be resolved in the sequel. The things we wanted to see more of, the aspects that were missing, the consequences of the events of the last film etc.

And I can't help feeling like the problems we were hoping might be wrapped up in a sequel, won't be now that the focus is going to have to be split for Batman to be introduce into this world. :(

Agreed. What's funny and weird about this entire scenario is that on one hand, I do agree that this feels like a natural progression to the story in the sense of humanity responding to the presence of Superman on Earth now, but on the other hand, given on how it's the freaking Batman that's being used here, it just feels like it's out of place with the situation.

I mean I think it's safe to agree that an majority of fans don't feel that a Superman/Batman film was the right step to go right after MOS.

I sincerely hope that Goyer and Snyder know on how many issues people had with MOS because if they try to be ignorant about it while going into this film, then that won't mean good things for us.

right now, this is really a big gamble, more so than the Avengers was in my honest opinion. Why? Because of Goyer and Snyder. Those two can either give something good or something terribly bad. I haven't seen any evidence to say that they could give something great as of yet.

And what's more irritating is that I keep reading on other places on how people think this is a new batman film already, ignoring Superman's presence in it. It kind of makes you wonder if people are just happy to see Batman again and couldn't care less about Superman being in it, let alone on how he'd be portrayed against the Caped crusader.

Honestly, if Goyer and Snyder do well, I'll give them credit when and where it's due. But if they regress the character of Superman back to the drawing board after this, I hope that there's a huge outcry that's let out, enough to state to the studios that no one wants to see them ever near the material again in the same degree like how no one wants to see Joel touching Batman's films anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"