The Dark Knight Is Nolan abusing his reputation?

Well considering I have a Masters Degree in Theatre, I think I know a little bit about acting and I'm telling you with that monotone delivery of Ledger's his acting style is robot-like. He did good in his films but he wasn't being asked to play such a bigger than life character like the Joker.

90% of film and theatre is casting. I think he was miscast.

What do I know about The Joker? I've been reading comics for thirty years. I think I know a little about The Joker. :D

:thing: :doom: :thing:

Well, he was pretty good in that. It's kinda like Jackman in Van Helsing.....I mean, the premise and execution kinda blew....but the actors did pretty well with what they had.

What do I know about The Joker? I've been reading comics for thirty years. I think I know a little about The Joker. :D

That wasn't what I asked though......your very cynical man.

ChrisBaleBatman said:
Well, he was pretty good in that. It's kinda like Jackman in Van Helsing.....I mean, the premise and execution kinda blew....but the actors did pretty well with what they had.
he was like a bad acting version of the ****** from OF MICE AND MEN(john malchovitz(sp?))

90% of film and theatre is casting
:mad: there is no movie/play without sound/dialog/story/lights

everything is an esemble:o.....

...and heath is the annoying flute player that plays too loud

xwolverine2 said:
xwolverine2 agrees.

i bet you if/when a few weeks ago someone would mention that they would like heath to play joker...people would be like "OMGZ HELL NO!...thank god nolan doesnt listen to your crazy ass".

sad:(

Well, if some random fan had suggestd Heath Ledger, you'd probably be right. None of us saw Ledger screen test, so there really would've been nothing to suggest he'd be a good Joker. Sure, he has a physical resemblence to the character, but that wouldn't have been enough to sway me off Bettany.

However, if Ledger has indeed been cast, it means that he did screen test, and Nolan was impressed enough to cast him over any other actor in the world, even the great Paul Bettany. So, since he looks like the Joker, and can apparently act like the Joker, why shouldn't I support his casting?

That's what I.N.W.T. means. It means he did a great job on the first one, and we support whatever decisions he might make for the second one and believe he'll make the sequel even better. I never really saw anything in Ledger, but if Nolan did, then I trust that he'll be a good Joker.

By being cynical, that's how.

I was actually asking the question, not attacking.....jeesshh....I hope all FF fans aren't this antsy....

Katsuro said:
Well, if some random fan had suggestd Heath Ledger, you'd probably be right. None of us saw Ledger screen test, so there really would've been nothing to suggest he'd be a good Joker. Sure, he has a physical resemblence to the character, but that wouldn't have been enough to sway me off Bettany.

However, if Ledger has indeed been cast, it means that he did screen test, and Nolan was impressed enough to cast him over any other actor in the world, even the great Paul Bettany. So, since he looks like the Joker, and can apparently act like the Joker, why shouldn't I support his casting?

That's what I.N.W.T. means. It means he did a great job on the first one, and we support whatever decisions he might make for the second one and believe he'll make the sequel even better. I never really saw anything in Ledger, but if Nolan did, then I trust that he'll be a good Joker.
yeah but you completely trashed your own opinions.....

like:"WTF WAS I THINKIN WITH BETTANY!....heath is the perfectest! *changes avvy and sig to HEATH RULZ DA BATS*.."

trusting nolan means he will make a great movie.......

but he CAN make mistakes

I am what the Batfans made me. Ask CConn how ruthless things were.

"Ya see, kids are like dogs. You beat them long enough, pretty soon, they'll think they deserve it." --- Sawyer.

:D

Also, you should lighten up a bit, Chris. I've been putting a crap load of smilies in so that you would understand that I'm just having a friendly debate. It's hard to express an air of calm with only text.

:thing: :doom: :thing:

xwolverine2 said:
yeah but you completely trashed your own opinions.....

like:"WTF WAS I THINKIN WITH BETTANY!....heath is the perfectest! *changes avvy and sig to HEATH RULZ DA BATS*.."

trusting nolan means he will make a great movie.......

but he CAN make mistakes

What's wrong with someone being able to accept that their personal first choice didn't make it, and just be happy that someone decent did. Yeah, I could be upset Bettany didn't get the role, but I could also be glad Robin Williams didn't.

I still think Bettany would be a damn good Joker, but he didn't get the role and there's really no point in campaigning for him anymore. I said long ago that even if Bettany didn't make it, while I would be dissappointed a bit, i'd most likely accept Nolan's choice.

xwolverine2 said:
you and every bat-crazy:-)D ) would accept it no matter what

No. If he cast someone like, say, Crispin Glover, i would realize that Christopher Nolan has lost his mind and gone insane, and would not support his decision. But he dind't do that, he cast someone who although i have no indication that he would make a good Joker, I also have no indication that he wouldn't. That's basically my stance on Ledger. I dont know that he can play Joker, but I dont know that he can't. So if Nolan thinks he can, then maybe he can. Does that confuse you?

Katsuro said:
No. If he cast someone like, say, Crispin Glover, i would realize that Christopher Nolan has lost his mind and gone insane, and would not support his decision. But he dind't do that, he cast someone who although i have no indication that he would make a good Joker, I also have no indication that he wouldn't. That's basically my stance on Ledger. I dont know that he can play Joker, but I dont know that he can't. So if Nolan thinks he can, then maybe he can. Does that confuse you?
nah it doesnt...... though the looping got me dizzy for a while:(

i might be okay if ive seen a movie where he has a personality like joker.
let me explain with an example.

(in no way do i hate keanu)......heath is like keanu reeves,in the way that he almost plays the same person in every movie but with a slight difference that still hooks you.

keanu can never be joker

xwolverine2 said:
you and every bat-crazy:-)D ) would accept it no matter what

I'm just glad that Ghost Rider has a flaming head. The less Nic Cage in the movie the better! :eek:

Tanin said:
I'm just glad that Ghost Rider has a flaming head. The less Nic Cage in the movie the better! :eek:
:o :down that was completely random and uneccesary!:ghost:

GR has done nothin but be as faithful as BB is:mad: .......

franklin complains about FF.......but look at the GR people!

xwolverine2 said:
:o :down that was completely random and uneccesary!:ghost:

GR has done nothin but be as faithful as BB is:mad: .......

franklin complains about FF.......but look at the GR people!

Ghostrider actually looks really good. Except the whole flaming skull thing.

But that is more cause I'm not used to seeing a guy walking about with a flaming skull :ghost:

Tanin said:
Ghostrider actually looks really good. Except the whole flaming skull thing.
But that is more cause I'm not used to seeing a guy walking about with a flaming skull :ghost:
there is no GR without the flamming skull!!!!:ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

Heath's screen test better of been better than Jack's if he is going to pull this off.

xwolverine2 said:
nah it doesnt...... though the looping got me dizzy for a while:(

i might be okay if ive seen a movie where he has a personality like joker.
let me explain with an example.

(in no way do i hate keanu)......heath is like keanu reeves,in the way that he almost plays the same person in every movie but with a slight difference that still hooks you.

keanu can never be joker

Lords of Dogtown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"