The Wolverine Is orgins still apart of the timeline now?

Its funny how people are so against Wolverine having back to back lead roles.

RDJ is doing that with IM3 as we speak.

Also, there's no way they're killing off Jackman. It'd be like killing off RDJ in Avengers 2.

I don't find it funny, it's called logic. Wolverine already has own movie coming out next year. You can't compare this to The Avengers, they're completely different scenarios. Logan dying is a part of the DoFP story and RDJ may the biggest star of The Avengers but he was no way the main character. It worked because everyone had big parts. You can still kill off Logan in the future and have Logan in the past, and not be in a lead role.

I don't find it funny, it's called logic. Wolverine already has own movie coming out next year. You can't compare this to The Avengers, they're completely different scenarios. Logan dying is a part of the DoFP story and RDJ may the biggest star of The Avengers but he was no way the main character. It worked because everyone had big parts. You can still kill off Logan in the future and have Logan in the past, and not be in a lead role.

No matter how you spin it:

2012 - ROBERT DOWNEY JR. "THE AVENGERS"

2013 - ROBERT DOWNEY JR. "IRON MAN 3"

The above is fact.

DOFP is FOX's answer to Avengers. They're not gonna leave Jackman out & they're certainly not giving him a throwaway role. The time traveler role is the most logical way to go. They're not gonna leave their quarterback in the background and then kill him off.

We'll find out in a few months anyway.

Hugh Jackman Is Robert Downey JR of X-men franchise.

Back In 2008 a mongth after Iron Man he had cameo In The Increidble Hulk.

The Avengers wraped September 2011.Iron Man 3 started up april 2012.

Like I said It's up to Hugh.If he agrees to headling Days of future Past with james Mcavoy,Michael fassbender,and Jennifer Lawrence under Bryan Singer direction he will.
If he chooses to do smaller role then Wolverine will only be In future scenes.

Days of future Past may not even start filming till Spring.

With upcoming live chat and promation for Les Mes for Jackman at some point someone will ask about Days of futre Pasy hopefully.

Hugh Jackman Is Robert Downey JR of X-men franchise.

Back In 2008 a mongth after Iron Man he had cameo In The Increidble Hulk.

The Avengers wraped September 2011.Iron Man 3 started up april 2012.

Like I said It's up to Hugh.If he agrees to headling Days of future Past with james Mcavoy,Michael fassbender,and Jennifer Lawrence under Bryan Singer direction he will.
If he chooses to do smaller role then Wolverine will only be In future scenes.

Days of future Past may not even start filming till Spring.

With upcoming live chat and promation for Les Mes for Jackman at some point someone will ask about Days of futre Pasy hopefully.

The only problem with Jackman returning is that he signed on for another film that starts shooting January. Had he not done that, the guy literally could just go from Wolverine to DOFP.

Longer hair = Awesome.

They already backtracked on the january start date for DOFP.Simon Kinberg at Comic Con talked about a spring startdate.So we could be talking about a april or May start date.

This wouldn't be first time he did another film right before X-men.Back In 2005 he filmed Scoop right before the Last Stand and then went to the Prestage straight after wrapping the Last Stand.

The start date for Days of future Past Is moot till a director Is confirmed.It probally will be Bryan Singer but we will have to wait for official news.

it would be incredibly out of place to have wolverine as the time traveler and would probably have a bigger impact if we see him at the start with 2 other mutants and we see him kick some sentinal Ass till the point he looks totally beaten and then is killed, and put some o wolverine fighting in the trailer and promo shots of older wolverine

Would it actually make sense to make Wolverine look older? He barely ages. 20 years of aging for regular people, would probably be like 5 years for him.

I don't see a problem incorporating all the movies into continuity. BUT, I really wish they could erase that goodamn adamantium bullet thing out of existence. It was lame and it was stupid. The scenario I've always had in my head, concerning the movie timeline, is that Xavier himself was the one who erased Logan's memory afyer something really, really, REALLY bad happened.

The upcoming X-Men movies don't even have to reference this movie at all. The events in the movie already happened in the past, they already showed bits of Wolverine's past in X1/X2 so its not really necessary to look back at the "Origins" of Wolverine. We now know how he got the adamantium, how he lost his memories, they just need to move forward.

Inless the deadpool film Is made It's really up to fans rather they want to view Origins with other films.It's pretty much been said as far as producers are saying that Silverfox's sister wasn't really Emma Frost.She was never named In film or In credits.It's not hard to Imagine sabrettoth from Origins becoming feral Sabretooth from X-Men.Teenage Cyclops actully Is right age If you set the trilogy In mid 1990's.And the walking of xavier can be explained away by telephatic projection by Xavier Inside plane to Cyclops and others.

I recently got X-men:First Class on Blu Ray and used the cerebro tracker. I can't believe that in Emma's bio they tried to link the character from First Class to the one in Origins.I wish it would all get sorted out, but I doubt it will.

I know.It's crazy Fox Is trying to cover the fact they used that girl from Origins In some promational stuff as Emma frost when the filmmakers have said as far as they are concernced she wasn't really Emma Frost.They also tried to explain away Xavier walking at end of Origins and begining of Last Stand as a telphatic projection.This Explanation I can
buy that for Origins but It makes no sense for Last Stand.And It makes even less sense for the Emma explanation from Fox of Emma went on mission for magneto and made everything see her as Younger.That creates more problems.And It's just crazy explanation.

technically there is no way you could link origns and first class together with the character emma frost

Well Fox tried to claim that Emma went on secret mission for Magneto where she used her telephatic powers to appear to everyone as teenager to free one of Stryker's captvies.

SInce Fox has shown relcuentance for any film to be completly Ignored since filmmakers used Emma In first Class to cover their butts since they used that girl In origins In A couple of ads as Emma Frost.It's better If you don't outright Ignore Origins In your viewing of X-Men films to just go with what Donnor said that as far as the filmmakers are now concernced that wasn't emma.

The entre reason for that girl In Origins was to set up the more teen film version of first Class witten by producer of gossip Girl that got thrown out when Bryan Singer became
Involved.No matter what you think of Janaury Jones' performance First Class had better and more accurate Emma.She was white queen verison with secondary mutation as
the equilvent of classic sexy Bond villainess.

Besides most went to see Origins for Hugh Jackman as wolverine and Wolvrine's origin.

Well Fox tried to claim that Emma went on secret mission for Magneto where she used her telephatic powers to appear to everyone as teenager to free one of Stryker's captvies.

wasn't emma frost actually silverfox's sister in origins? wasnt that why Silverfox did what she done to wolverine to save emma? how does that fit in with this claim by FOX?

wasn't emma frost actually silverfox's sister in origins? wasnt that why Silverfox did what she done to wolverine to save emma? how does that fit in with this claim by FOX?

It doesnt, they ****ed up. They just make things up to try and make it work. Pretty lame.

Like marvelrobbins said originally she was to be featured in a different more teen version of FC. Nothing was ever fully planned well.

I don't think Origins will be canon or not, it is just a bad movie and if you like it, sure it exists. If not, then pretend it doesn't. Continuity issues will just be in that movie, I don't think anyone in FOX gives two damns about it.

I consider Origins a one-shot, out-of-continuity POS.

Origins had a bad choice for a director, infact wasn't he hugh jackmans choice for director? Gavin Hood really didn't seem to care about close continuity, and if i remember right he didn't want to go with the exact look that singer setup in the X1 and X2 flashbacks and wanted to do his own thing

and Fox were obviously going through a prequel phase to save money, and i assume gambit was thrown in to origins as an open door for a solo movie, while x-men origins: magneto and who knows what ever else that they couldn't think of

it was some lousy planning there, hopefully FOX have learnt from marvel that abit of careful planning can do wonders for a franchise

Last edited:
technically there is no way you could link origns and first class together with the character emma frost

The best way for this is to perceive those two diamond-shifting mutants as two different people. The one that we saw in Origins is Kayla's sister and the other one was a member of the Hellfire Club, has telepathy powers and is the actual Emma Frost. FOX's explanation is not really that set in stone especially it was just featured on the Cerebro tracker. I don't think they are gonna address that in the future.

and Fox were obviously going through a prequel phase to save money, and i assume gambit was thrown in to origins as an open door for a solo movie, while x-men origins: magneto and who knows what ever else that they couldn't think of

I doubt Gambit was thrown in to open door for a Gambit movie. I think they added him because Lauren Shuler Donner wanted to finally introduce Gambit in a X-Men movie. And of course to include a new character in the movie that fans really knows about in the comics/cartoons/videogames.

them showing flash backs from WWII could be their way of giving him a new back story, that negates Origins

them showing flash backs from WWII could be their way of giving him a new back story, that negates Origins

Or they could actually show what makes him "the best at what he does that isn't very nice" part, that they completely ignored in Origins. I don't mind XMOW being apart of cannon at all, it just needs fleshed out better.

Or we could all look at it as a one shot, like someone mentioned earlier, at this point it might be the best option. I like thinking of it that way, as long as no other movies make reference to it, I think that route is golden. its kinda just there as a bonus, people may like it or hate it, but they don't have to watch it in conjuction with the x-trilogy and beyond.

Its kinda the way I look at the terminator series haha, it starts with T1 and ends with T2, everything else is considered a fan-film one off that isn't officially apart of the story the creator intended. They are nice little bonus movies, somewhat well done, but rather meaningless on a whole. As far as Im concerned this particular X-men vision is Bryans, so whatever he goes with in DOFP will determine what gets ignored by me. He was very much involved with First class so thats obviously an important movie to me. Im hoping he DOES choose to ignore XMOW and retcon X3 almost entirely. I would adore that, its justice and hopefully a good ole spit in the face to ratners pathetic attempt at trying to replicate Bryans work. DOFP will automatically become my favorite X-Men movie if it completely undoes X3 with time travel. What a total victory that would be. All the while doing it via an actual comic book story. I wouldn't have a bigger smile on my face if that were to happen.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"