Is the hate on Barry Bonds racially motivated?

Erzengel said:
The only other 3 is like Jackcool, boyscouT and NOFX.
Then you're not one of the 10,000 people who thought I was asian. good man.

For me, it's neither racial or the fact that he's a jerk. Aaron was Black and Cobbs was the biggest jerk in baseball and I respect both their place in the record books.

It's simply how Bonds might obtain his place in the record books that bugs me.

Erzengel said:
The only other 3 is like Jackcool, boyscouT and NOFX? :confused:
Nofx is asian? Ew, I hate him even more now, if possible.

The good news is that as he's playing now and the fact that pitchers are not showing him any regard, he just might not get it.

He probably will, but I'm hoping not.

I didn't know boyscouT was asian

but I'm pretty race-blind so I didnt even really think about it

Ronny Shade said:
Then you're not one of the 10,000 people who thought I was asian. good man.
You are one of those Wannabe Asians like that guy in Not Another Teen Movie.

Erzengel said:
You are one of those Wannabe Asians like that guy in Not Another Teen Movie.
Actually, I wasn't even trying. I swear.

Erzengel said:
So it's racism 100% of the time, in every single circumstance and not because someone can't accept the truth that maybe it's not racially motivated.

Guy gets turned down by job. It's not that I'm unqualified, it's cause I'm Black. While this does happen, it's not all the time.

In this instance, I believe most people dislike Bonds because he's an a'hole, and has the smell of steroids around him.

And I have experienced racism in my life.
Knowing the human mind and the human condition you know there is a significant segment of the population that resorts to primitive thinking. You know there's a large segment who think in the basest terms. Knowing this you must realize that alot of those people who boo Bond's for steriods or whatever would cheer him if he was white regardless of these controversies. Why would people do this? For the same reason they don't want their daughters dating outside of their race. For the same reason they treat mexican immigrants worse than white immigrants. For the same reason people sit and associate with people who look most like themselves. Racism is part of the human condition. I wish it wasn't but it is. To pretend something doesn't exist won't save a person from cancer and it won't take away the real effects of racism either.

If you take 10 white fathers and line them up against the wall. 3 of them may approve of their daughter marrying a black dude but others will not. Baseball has alot of white fans. If you don't think that racist sentiment doesn't carry over to sports then you may be a bit naive.

blind_fury said:
Knowing the human mind and the human condition you know there is a significant segment of the population that resorts to primitive thinking. You know there's a large segment who think in the basest terms. Knowing this you must realize that alot of those people who boo Bond's for steriods or whatever would cheer him if he was white regardless of these controversies. Why would people do this? For the same reason they don't want their daughters dating outside of their race. For the same reason they treat mexican immigrants worse than white immigrants. For the same reason people sit and associate with people who look most like themselves. Racism is part of the human condition. I wish it wasn't but it is. To pretend something doesn't exist won't save a person from cancer and it won't take away the real effects of racism either.

If you take 10 white fathers and line them up against the wall. 3 of them may approve of their daughter marrying a black dude but others will not. Baseball has alot of white fans. If you don't think that racist sentiment doesn't carry over to sports then you may be a bit naive.
I'm not saying that there isn't racism in America. I'm not even say that there are some people who don't want Bonds to succeed because he's Black. I'm saying that I think the majority of Bonds hate is centered around him being a jerk, and because of steroids. Even if Bonds isn't using steroids, he's in a bad situation because of Giambi, McGuire and Canseco. Him being Black for a lot of people is just coincidental.

Darthphere said:
It seems a lot of people are coming out of the woodwork saying that all this hate on Barry Bonds is racial. That it wouldnt happen if it was a white guy. You guys agree or do you think the hate on him is that hes just an arrogant jerk?

It's part everything. Part of it is racially motivate, the other part is because people assume he used steriods (which he probably did but until proven guilty), and part of it is just because he is a jerk.

BAH HUMBBUG! said:
It's part everything. Part of it is racially motivate, the other part is because people assume he used steriods (which he probably did but until proven guilty), and part of it is just because he is a jerk.

Its already confirmed he took illegal substances in the form of a cream. He denies knowing that it was an illegal substance.

Darthphere said:
Its already confirmed he took illegal substances in the form of a cream. He denies knowing that it was an illegal substance.

Show me a report. Show me proof. Because as far as I know, no one outside of the legal system has actually seen the proof. Innocent until proven guilty.

BAH HUMBBUG! said:
Show me a report. Show me proof. Because as far as I know, no one outside of the legal system has actually seen the proof. Innocent until proven guilty.

War Lord's post answers this question.

War Lord said:
He testified this in front of the Senate inquiry.

Where is the proof? Because I have yet to see this tesitmony. I have yet to see anywhere or read anywhere the repots of what Bonds said in that room. ESPN would be all over it if the reports were out.

Fact is they aren't only the people involved in the grand jury tesimonies and possibly some of the AP know about it for sure. So far no new station or media outlet has provided us with copies of the documents from them.

The San Francisco Chronicle has reported that, in testimony last December before a federal grand jury, Giambi admitted taking steroids and human growth hormone, and Bonds admitted he took substances that were provided by a trainer who has been indicted on charges of illegally distributing performance-enhancing drugs. Bonds said he believed the substances were not steroids.

Once again this fails to give me the actual detailed account of the testimony itself. Look I agree with you guys, Bonds did take steriods, but the documents haven't actually been released so that's why ESPN and other media outlets don't lambaste the guy because they can not say 100% that he did take steriods.

BAH HUMBBUG! said:
Where is the proof? Because I have yet to see this tesitmony. I have yet to see anywhere or read anywhere the repots of what Bonds said in that room. ESPN would be all over it if the reports were out.

Fact is they aren't only the people involved in the grand jury tesimonies and possibly some of the AP know about it for sure. So far no new station or media outlet has provided us with copies of the documents from them.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1937594

Darthphere said:

Yeah I've seen that too. But here's the thing none of it is the documentation from the courts. Also it's he said/ she said. Believe me guys you don't have to convince me he was on the juice. But I just want to see the court documents provided by the media to confirm everything 100% that's all.

BAH HUMBBUG! said:

Read the New York Times report that I linked.

When you testify before the Senate, it's just like being in court with the very same consequences for not testifying.

BAH HUMBBUG! said:
Yeah I've seen that too. But here's the thing none of it is the documentation from the courts. Also it's he said/ she said. Believe me guys you don't have to convince me he was on the juice. But I just want to see the court documents provided by the media to confirm everything 100% that's all.

You never will then. Those documents are sealed.

BAH HUMBBUG! said:

Reading reports from the New York times and ESPN are about as close as possible to reading those testimonies.

What race are steroids?

Darthphere said:
You never will then. Those documents are sealed.

I thought they have been talking about releasing them? Then why does everyone keep saying allegedly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"