Is the hate on Barry Bonds racially motivated?

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by Darthphere, May 19, 2006.

?

Is the hate on Barry racial?

1. Yes-People are judging him because hes black

2. No-People just dont like him because hes a jerk

3. I dont care.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. reggiebar Registered

1) Big Mac was never a jerk throughout his career. He was rather personable and he got along well with his teammates and reporters.

2) The home run race with him and Sosa really made people forget about the strike of 94' so the timing was perfect

3) He retired before the "common" fan really knew that steroids were as common in the game as they were, so he avoided all his scruntiny

2. Tangled Web Registered

He didn't seem like a nice guy when he told congress that "He doesn't want to talk about the past." Why can't he just tell the truth?

3. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

How does that not make him a nice guy, just somebody who avoids answering questions.:confused:

4. Tangled Web Registered

He lied to congress.

5. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

So, how does that make him a bad guy?:confused:

6. Tangled Web Registered

He lied about cheating.

7. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

He didnt lie at all, he didnt answer the question. If you know for sure that he cheated, bring forward the evidence.

8. Tangled Web Registered

9. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Thats nice....was he charged with anything, did they prove he took anything? No. Unlike Bonds, who has admitted to taking an illegal substance in the form of a cream claiming he didnt know it was illegal.

10. Tangled Web Registered

"Asking me or any other player to answer questions about who took steroids in front of television cameras will not solve the problem. If a player answers 'No,' he simply will not be believed; if he answers 'Yes,' he risks public scorn and endless government investigations." During the hearing, McGwire repeatedly responded to questions regarding his own steroid use with the line, "I'm not here to talk about the past." McGwire also stated, ""My lawyers have advised me that I cannot answer these questions without jeopardizing my friends, my family, and myself." [1] When asked if he was asserting his Fifth Amendment right not to incriminate himself, McGwire once again responded: "I'm not here to talk about the past. I'm here to be positive about this subject."

11. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Youre not proving anything.

12. Tangled Web Registered

There is NO doubt that Mcguire took steroids. Look at the pictures man, read Canseco's book. It's all there.

MLB just wants to protect their white man.

13. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Why does everyone have to be racial? MacGwire was always a big guy, remember him and Canseco were the Bash brothers. And during that time Steroids in baseball werent illegal.

14. Tangled Web Registered

How come Canseco gets so much heat for steroids? How come Bonds? Sosa?

15. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Canseco doesnt have the best rep. Bonds is an *******, and Sosa corked his bat.

16. zanos Registered

Bonds is simply just a jerk. Even his teammates don't even like him. What does that tell you about the man?

17. Maxwell Smart Registered

Its more because of him being a d!ck I think.

18. Tangled Web Registered

What about Shefield, or all the minority athletes being acused of steroids? Do you see a pattern.

The white man is trying to take back his game.

19. War Lord Registered

which is most unfortunate. Baseball has lost all credibility as far as I'm concerned.

20. Maxwell Smart Registered

Agreed. When a jacked up ******* like Bonds can break the Babe's record, it makes you wanna throw your hands up and say "Screw it".

Actually baseball and basketball both have declined for similar reasons imo. Nobody wants to watch a bunch of *******s, and to be frank, both the NBA and MLB have some horrible individuals.

21. Tangled Web Registered

That's why I like College ball.

22. War Lord Registered

This is where the NHL and the NFL were both smart, because they handled steroid problems fairly honestly and swiftly.

23. Maxwell Smart Registered

Eh, I'll stick to Soccer. Some players do seem egotistical(Beckham), but overall its not too bad. I like how Soccer truely seems like a global sport. The only other one like that is boxing basically. Its funny how we have the "world" series yet its not like we ever play Brazil or Japan in it, lol.

24. Maxwell Smart Registered

Yeah but the strike has ****ed over Hockey for awhile. It HAD been gaining popularity in the U.S.

I think Soccer is slowly(repeat, slowly) getting bigger here too. Today on ESPN2 I heard the announcer talking about how the Houston Dynamo are starting to catch on locally in Houston, a lot of people are wearing t-shirts and jerseys.

25. War Lord Registered

At its peak, it was only slightly more popular than tractor pulling, so it didn't have much to lose.

As sucky as the lockout was, it seems to have fixed many of the problems in hockey, because all four teams that are currently vying for the cup missed the playoffs last season.