Is the Hulk in trouble even before the first ticket has been purchased?

Know what I find interesting? I think the same people that are so angry that there haven't been any official Hulk images released yet, are the same people that would have been railing on less than stellar CGI if something had been released earlier. You can't possibly win with some people....just a thought.

True , but i think that people would be more critical of footage then of images.
I mean alot of people are complaining about the final shot of Iron man taking out the tank. While there are many of those complainers who DO admit the shot was cool , they still see some faults with it. The main complaint is that it looks very CG'ish.
But the images of Iron man have been met with praise.Heck if they just had a single image of the scene where Iron Man walks away after the tank blows up , i think nobody would really complain.

And IMO that's what they should do with Hulk. If they aren't sure about the footage , then release pics.

Whatever bruh. I'm just saying that it's odd that nothing for the Hulk has been released. You can't say you see me bi+ch and complain about movies cuase it don't happen. :whatever:

Well my comments were't directed at you or any one person. I never even saw your comments.

True , but i think that people would be more critical of footage then of images.
I mean alot of people are complaining about the final shot of Iron man taking out the tank. While there are many of those complainers who DO admit the shot was cool , they still see some faults with it. The main complaint is that it looks very CG'ish.
But the images of Iron man have been met with praise.Heck if they just had a single image of the scene where Iron Man walks away after the tank blows up , i think nobody would really complain.

And IMO that's what they should do with Hulk. If they aren't sure about the footage , then release pics.
When I saw that trailer during the superbowl, I was like...nice. Then I saw the tank scene and said ugh, yes I noticed how CGIsh that scene looked. It reminded me of the Iron Man videos at MarvelKids.com. I could not believe my eyes.I saw how good the other CGI images looked and can't figure out how they would release that. It looked fake or should I say poor? C'mon, lets keep it real, it looked bad and doesn't make sense. Hope they fix that.

When I saw that trailer during the superbowl, I was like...nice. Then I saw the tank scene and said ugh, yes I noticed how CGIsh that scene looked. It reminded me of the Iron Man videos at MarvelKids.com. I could not believe my eyes.I saw how good the other CGI images looked and can't figure out how they would release that. It looked fake or should I say poor? C'mon, lets keep it real, it looked bad and doesn't make sense. Hope they fix that.

Agreed on that last scene...

Know what I find interesting? I think the same people that are so angry that there haven't been any official Hulk images released yet, are the same people that would have been railing on less than stellar CGI if something had been released earlier. You can't possibly win with some people....just a thought.

Recall the first teaser for Ang Lee's "Hulk", it didn't contain any CGI Hulk image at all and still created a sizable buzz, so the lack of the ability to date to deliver stellar CGI images doesn't explain the lack of marketing to date.

This is so true it hurts.
It's either:

"Marvel sucks because they haven't released anything! Now the film is doomed!"

OR

"Marvel sucks for jumping the gun and releasing crappy CGI before it was ready! Now the film is doomed!"

Yes, I was pretty shocked how CGI that looked. Even his body movement looked fake.

Agreed, and that is something the Hulk can't afford. The whole sentiment seems that people just want to see SOMETHING, which I can understand, but at the same time, I really don't feel this will hurt the box office as long as they present something remarkable. If they take this long, and the end result looks no better than Ang's film, well then it may be time to get nervous....

Great point! I was really shocked when they went this route so soon. But to Marvel's defense, I can understand why. Behind Spidey, the Hulk is one of Marvel's most recognizable characters. But with IM coming out this year, I still say Hulk could have waited. They should have went with a cheaper film, like say CA that doesn't take $180million to make........maybe $90million at the most and just market them well. You have your first 2 movies coming out, both costing $180million+, I don't know, I just hope they do very well.

Thats why Marvel shouldn't go the TWO tentpole films a year... once they get everyone a solo movie by 2010... then Avengers, IM,Thor, Hulk sequels should NEVER be released in the same summer at any point... you do Avengers in 2011 and then do IM Hulk THor sequels all one year apart from each other... and I'd rather see Avengers 2 with a new roster and Captain America leading the team rather than a second C.A solo film...

Yes, I was pretty shocked how CGI that looked. Even his body movement looked fake.

I must agree, and why oh WHY was Iron Man CG in that sequence!??? Makes no freaken sense!

I must agree, and why oh WHY was Iron Man CG in that sequence!??? Makes no freaken sense!
That is something RDJ could've done in full costume. The could've CGI'd the rocket coming from his arm and have him turn around and walk away during the explosion. The scene was cool but the CGI was wack.

That is something RDJ could've done in full costume. The could've CGI'd the rocket coming from his arm and have him turn around and walk away during the explosion. The scene was cool but the CGI was wack.
while if you read my post you know that i am a guy who thinks that you should do everything practical. you have to push the limits.

but with the last footage from the superbowl scene i think that maybe it has something to do with the lightining. there is no way that you could have this kind of lightining on the set with greenscreen.

but i could be wrong. but the movement was not the best. it needs a lot of worl.

Less than 120 days until release and I'm suppose to get excited over a character sculpt? Jesus... To say Universal is sheepish about their project is an understatement. We've seen the toy line from Hasbro and some of the effects pieces from the studio, yet we still have no CGI stills or a teaser? How about a Godzilla-style teaser? Give me a foot or a hand...maybe an eye? Why did they cater to a toy show overseas instead of the diehards here at home? There is definitely alot of posturing going on for the vendors under contract for the movie, but nothing for the public. Houston, we have a problem...

You've got a good point.
Why the heck would they immediately jump to make a Hulk remake, when they've got other fresh properties that they could have established. . . . Seeing Thor this summer probably would have been much cooler and if done well would do wonders for Marvels popularity.

No offense, but a Thor production is ******ed, in my opinion. First of all, it probably won't go over well with a general audience, and secondly - the premise is a Norse god, for crying out loud. A Norse god? As I said: ******ed. They'll be lucky if that thing makes a couple dimes.

You've got a good point.
Why the heck would they immediately jump to make a Hulk remake, when they've got other fresh properties that they could have established. . . . Seeing Thor this summer probably would have been much cooler and if done well would do wonders for Marvels popularity.

No offense, but a Thor production is ******ed, in my opinion. First of all, it probably won't go over well with a general audience, and secondly - the premise is a Norse god, for crying out loud. A Norse god? As I said: ******ed. They'll be lucky if that thing makes a couple dimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"