Is there anyone proud of the fact that.....

PoSeiDon

Civilian
Reaction score
Whether you feel these films represent the true nature of the comic or not and what director was best or not...is there anyone who agrees that X-men has cast some of the best/most decent actors/actresses in the business? It was taken serious enough for highly respected(whether you respect them or not) people to take part in this and for most of the returning cast, have been apart of this franchise since 1999! I've come to know these people to represent some of my favorite superheros of all time!

Personally, I am very happy on the inside for the fact that X-men had a group of actors who were well known and fine at their craft. X-men even launched some peoples careers! If this is indeed "The Last Stand" I just want to applaud all of them! For a job well done!

Couldn't agree more. This is one of the things that seperates X-Men from films like Daredevil, Fantastic Four, and Elektra, and to even some degrees Spidey (Kirsten Dunst)

I mean we have Ian McKellan, Patrick Stewart, Kelsey Grammar, Halle Berry, Anna Paquin, Famke Janssen, and the list just goes on. So much talent in these movies.

Yes, I love the cast. Even those I think aren't that perfect for the part.

I mean, there are multiple oscar winners/nominees. And are still bringing on great actors to help deter the notion of comic book movies being stupid action movies.

Daredevil was actually enjoyable for me, I bought both dvds, theatrical and director's cut. I just wished the Elektra in her own movie was more of like the Elektra from Daredevil, the Kumaguri magick stuff was campy.

I was talking of the casts of Daredevil/Elektra/Fantastic Four.

You don't see Jessica Alba being praised by critics for her ''masterful" performances. The only ones from the movies I mentioned in my above post I've seen praised are Jennifer Garner, Michael Clarke Duncan, Rosemary Harris, Willem Dafoe, Tobey Maguire, Thomas Haden Church, Alfred Molina, and even recently James Franco. Although I don't think he's gonna be able to play Green Goblin 2 to save his life.

JustABill said:
I was talking of the casts of Daredevil/Elektra/Fantastic Four.

You don't see Jessica Alba being praised by critics for her ''masterful" performances. The only ones from the movies I mentioned in my above post I've seen praised are Jennifer Garner, Michael Clarke Duncan, Rosemary Harris, Willem Dafoe, Tobey Maguire, Thomas Haden Church, Alfred Molina, and even recently James Franco. Although I don't think he's gonna be able to play Green Goblin 2 to save his life.

I agree with this. But that's for another thread, the thread of the damned.

I'm in self imposed exile from the Spider-man boards.

And Jessica Alba (though very hot) was miscast, she is supposed to be playing a world class scientist.

Yes I agree, and I hope it continues with other comic book movies. :up:

Eh, not really. Every comic book movie since Superman has had an a pretty large helping of megastars. The X-Men series has just been par for the course, really. Not that that's a bad thing or anything.

Yeah i'm proud that so much talented people seem to want to be in these films.You could also say the same about the Batman series regardless of of how good you think they are in their roles (Jack Nicholson, Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Christian Bale, Nicole Kidman, Jim Carrey, Tommy Lee Jones, George Clooney, Uma Thurman, Arnie, Jack Palance)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"