Is Thor Cooler Than Iron Man?!

Catman

Avenger
Reaction score
I really, really loved Chris Hemsworth as Thor. He was such a badass. So, the question has to be asked. Is he cooler than Robert Downey, Jr. as Iron Man?!

catman there's a thread like this already

I'm not talking about the movie. I'm talking about the characters and the actors who portray them.

No. Thor might be very entertaining alright, but if we're talking cool, IM takes the biscuit.

No. Thor might be very entertaining alright, but if we're talking cool, IM takes the biscuit.

Why? Tony Stark is funny and charming, but so is Thor. The guy was a riot. And he charmed the pants out of Natalie Portman. Plus, he's a monster on the battle field. I don't know, dude. I think Robert Downey, Jr. better watch his back in The Avengers.

It's a tie. I can't decide. Both were great choices for their roles. Stark has a cool personality but I don't think it would fly on Asgard. Thor has the Asgard swag

I think Thor is cool without trying to be. There's the difference. Tony Stark is very aware of his coolness. Thor just IS.

Why? Tony Stark is funny and charming, but so is Thor. The guy was a riot. And he charmed the pants out of Natalie Portman. Plus, he's a monster on the battle field. I don't know, dude. I think Robert Downey, Jr. better watch his back in The Avengers.

Well Thor might be funny and charming, okay, but Tony Stark is Robert Downey Jr. You can be an actor, but that doesn't mean you're automatically comparable to Daniel Day-Lewis.

Now, charming the pants put of Portman's girl character is not the same thing as do it with that really sophisticated and caring woman such as Pepper Potts who, unlike Portman's character, has a charisma.

But okay, let's have Tony Stark having to defend his territory in Avengers. So far it's the most exciting thing i've heard about that movie.

I'd say they are both very cool but in different ways. Tony is more of a arrogant ******* that gets by on having equal metric **** tons of money and charm. Thor is a flat out bad ass (even without his powers) and he has that royal gentlemen type charm.

for me i like thor more than iron man as a character. so i say thor is cooler than iron man. thor is a beast, thor knows how to fight with or without mjolnir, stark is pretty much a sitting duck without his suit.

But okay, let's have Tony Stark having to defend his territory in Avengers. So far it's the most exciting thing i've heard about that movie.

True, true. I can't wait to see them on-screen together. The dynamic will be fascinating. I just hope they don't re-write the characters to give them a different persona or something.

if it's one thing we can expect from whedon it's some good banter.

I'm not talking about the movie. I'm talking about the characters and the actors who portray them.
ah ok I see where you're going. Thought you were referring to the movies themselves.

I'm biased, not just because of Thor, but the same thing he does are done at Renaissance faires and working at one for 13 years, Thor tops Tony in that category every time. :D

I chose tie. Tony is charming because he is the dick with a heart of gold. Thor is charming in the chivalric sense. Both characters are humorous, but for Tony it boils down to sarcasm and wit. For Thor, his humor comes from being placed in odd situations that he does not understand: Thor goes through a lot of culture shock, which is fun to watch.

As for actor portrayals, as much as I loved Hemsworth's take on the mighty Asgardian, Downey Jr. takes it. It is as if RDJR was born to play Tony Stark. In fact, many people on these forums noted that it was like watching RDJR play a fantasy version of himself, which I feel lends itself to believing him in the role. Hemsworth rocked the screen though. Make no mistake about it.

we got to see thor blow a monsters brains out

It's not quite as awesome as the first Iron Man, but it's close. And that puts it leagues ahead of Iron Man 2.

As many have said, it's really hard to compare the two films, because they're both completely different from each other. Iron Man has more of a technological side, where Thor had a mythological side. Both for me were entertaining, and I like them pretty much about the same. Iron Man is probably a little more enjoyable for me, because it's believable, and the way technology was incorporated into it was fantastic. Overall though, both were fun films.

if it's one thing we can expect from whedon it's some good banter.

I want some excellent banter between Iron Man and Thor. Captain America and Hulk can go sit on the sideline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"