Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

antonydelfini

Strange Tales
Reaction score
For those who have seen the movie, is Thor the best film from Marvel Studios so far?

As a movie, I say it is tied with Iron Man, but I like this one better. Thor and his world just fascinate me more than Iron Man's character and universe, so Thor has better replay value for me.

To those of us who have seen the movie, vote and discuss!

I voted for Thor. I thought that just about everything in Thor was better than Iron Man and Hulk. I was never a huge fan of Iron Man like everyone else was, besides RDJ I didn't think it was anything special although I'm already annoyed by his sarcastic fast talking which was way overboard in IM2. Hulk's action was great and Norton was a great Banner but other than that not much else was interesting. Thor comes in with more than 1 interesting character, a fantastical world and top notch action

From the list Iron Man is still the best by far.

Still, Thor is better than TIH and far better than IM2.

I can't vote because I love Thor and Iron Man equally. I also very much like Iron Man 2 and the Incredible Hulk.

Well I can see the Iron Man 2 hate from a mile away in this thread haha. I think we can all agree that we are getting movies from Marvel studios that are above and beyond. I personally didn't expect this level of quality. I truly LOVE every one of them.

I personally will never get the hate for Iron Man 2 and all the nitpicking. Why cant we just be happy were getting an Avengers film. Good lord, this is revolutionary.. and people complain about Iron man 2 being an extended trailer for avengers? thats amazing! its the Marvel Universe come to LIFE. Iron Man has always had guest stars and various other characters in his books, without them, it isnt Iron Man. It boggles the mind.

Iron Man is still the best. Thor is a CLOSE second. Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 2 are more or less a tie. But if I had to choose, I guess I would go with Iron Man 2 since I like the character better.

Well I can see the Iron Man 2 hate from a mile away in this thread haha. I think we can all agree that we are getting movies from Marvel studios that are above and beyond. I personally didn't expect this level of quality. I truly LOVE every one of them.

I personally will never get the hate for Iron Man 2 and all the nitpicking. Why cant we just be happy were getting an Avengers film. Good lord, this is revolutionary.. and people complain about Iron man 2 being an extended trailer for avengers? thats amazing! its the Marvel Universe come to LIFE. Iron Man has always had guest stars and various other characters in his books, without them, it isnt Iron Man. It boggles the mind.

I kinda liked IM 2 but didn't love it. The reason? It has an unfocused story arc for Stark, villains that weren't threatening, an overly annoying Tony Stark who seemed to have forgotten all the lessons he learned in part one, supporting characters who weren't endearing, etc. IM 2 was just unfocused and lacks emotion, it lost the heart of what made IM 1 so damn fun. It turned Stark into nothing but a jerk with a mouth, and I didn't care for him or sympathize with him because there weren't many emotional or dramatic scenes for Downey to chew on.

Anyways here is my ranking: Thor and Iron Man are almost tied, but Thor I give Thor a slight edge, Incredible Hulk and IM 2 are tied but I give TIH a slight edge because it has got more emotional and dramatic weight and more tension. 2 very good films, 2 average films, and I hope Cap's film will be at least equal to Thor and IM.

Iron Man 2 was more like a prequel to The Avengers than an actual sequel to the original film. That's what bothered me most about it.

I think Thor is the best. Iron Man is a very good and fun movie, but I think they kinda drop the ball on the third act.

Thor's third act is very emotional and it also has better action than IM. But I understand those who prefer Iron Man.

1. Iron Man
2. Iron Man 2
3. Thor
4. TIH

All of them are worthwhile, IMO. Not a bad one of the bunch.

I still think the first Iron Man edges out Thor... but Thor was pretty good.

Best - The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man
Thor
Iron Man 2

I'd be interested to see if Branagh gets to do a "directors cut" and add all the footage back in. If he does, I'd imagine it'd be a more well rounded film and would most certainly surpass Iron Man 2. My only real beef with Thor is that there needed to be more history. The beginning was too rushed.

IM2 over Thor?

Yes. I really liked IM2 and don't get the hate directed towards it. Probably the best film I saw all last year. Thor has...some issues with things like editing and such that kinda bugged me.

True, but editing is a very minor flaw in my opinion.

Ooo... I think that's incorrect... Editing is a huge part of the process. Timing, pace, even a sentence or a few words being cut from a scene can change it's whole meaning.

The thing about Thor is... it could be truly great if they'd just given us a bit more. I think when you see it, you'll know what I mean. The beginning is just too rushed.

Possibly and maybe on repeat viewings my ranking will change. I've only seen it once in English on Youtube so far and once before in Portugese(which I don't speak) so I'm still looking forward to the big theater experience Thursday night at midnight.

How I feel initially about a film is rarely how I end up settling on it after seeing it a few more times(unless it's one of those that's just not worth watching more than once).

There were 3 or 4 transitions from scene to scene that I found utterly jarring(not a good thing). A different editor on the sequel might be in order.

I meant that the editing complaints about Thor seem pretty minor compared to the things that the movie did right.

IMO they are minor. But they are still obvious. You'll get it when you see the film.

Ahh fair enough BigThor. Yeah I think, after hearing Branagh, that he had to deal with time constraints. He said he had 20 minutes of deleted scenes so I'm taking that to mean his final cut was 20 minutes too long.

kedrell said:
IMO they are minor. But they are still obvious. You'll get it when you see the film.

Understood

Yes, this movie & TIH would greatly be helped IMO by an extended cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"