Days of Future Past It would be pretty great if...

henzINNIT

Superhero
Reaction score
... The time machine* is designed in a similar way to Magneto's mutation device in the original film. The machine is powered by Mag's himself, and you could have a scenario that mirrors X1 where Rogue uses the machine to travel back in time by leaching the power from Eric (too frail and old to use it himself).

* (assuming there is one)

Random thought.

thats a pretty interesting idea definetly.

would be such an irony that now Magneto has to help Rogue and the x-men this time to save not only mutants but the humanity too.

I would add Forge in the mix, tho, at least to add a little twist to that X1 scene.

Interesting idea. But I still don't know how the future Magneto will work with the X-Men after what he did on X2/X3.

I am hoping to See Magneto In Interternment camp With Xavier and other suruving mutants with collors Inhibiting powers.It would be nice paraly to seeing Magneto played
by Ian Mckellen In camp like he was as a Boy.You can have a good scene between him and Patrick stewert

During escape you can have Magneto sacrifice himself by using powers to take on many Sentinles.

Cool idea, did anyone see The Hobbit? How badass was Gandalf/Ian Mckellan?

Cool idea, did anyone see The Hobbit? How badass was Gandalf/Ian Mckellan?
From what I've seen & heard Sir Ian looks really worn out,I'm afraid :csad: but damn he looked excited to be in X-Men once again.

Looking worn out or not, McKellen was great as Gandalf in The Hobbit.

And a worn out looking Ian fits with the DOFP future anyway.

Totally agree. Gandalf/mckellen rocked it. I also watched it im 48fps and I think it looks so amazing that I would love it if DoFP was in 48fps as well.

I don't know if you've seen it in HFR or not but I think 48fps looks amazing and it would make the film look amazing especially the future scenes set in the dystopian society.

I don't know if you've seen it in HFR or not but I think 48fps looks amazing and it would make the film look amazing especially the future scenes set in the dystopian society.

I know what 48fps looks like in person and it actually grabbed my attention when I first saw it. I just don't want the X-Men movie to jump on that yet.

I wouldn't hate that idea, it's real cool. My idea is to have Jean send Xavier's mind back in time, young Xavier gets his future memories when he and Magneto build the new Cerebro, it comes in trough the helmet.

Why not keep it simple?
A mutant with time travel capabilities like Trevor Fitzroy?

yes, something simple, just a mutant with travel capabilities, flight and super strenght, so Rogue can go back in time having comic powers :funny:

While a mutant with time-traveling powers makes sense, I really like the idea of the machine for story-telling purposes. It shows desperation if enemies team up.

Yeah me too! He could be the creator of the time machine. I'm just not sure whether they will introduce a couple of new mutants in this movie.

^they already have Beast as their resident tech expert/genius

... The time machine* is designed in a similar way to Magneto's mutation device in the original film. The machine is powered by Mag's himself, and you could have a scenario that mirrors X1 where Rogue uses the machine to travel back in time by leaching the power from Eric (too frail and old to use it himself).

though, I wouldn't be surprised to see something like this, especial with Bryan Singer back in control, an it would be a neat little nod back to the first movie... but with that said it might feel like kinda of step backwards to basically recycle/retool the story from the first movie, instead of moving forward with something new an original

just saying

I actually really like this idea. A retooling of Magneto's machine to be time traveling, but making Rogue the only one who's able to use it due to her withstanding it last time. Wolverine would be there in case of anything like last time.
I also would really like an opposite for the character of Magneto for DoFP future he's reinforcing a fence instead of taking it apart to protect himself and allies.

Also possibility would be Rogue being stuck in the past(70's with Gambit? :awesome:) so she's not just one of the young-ins again.

^they already have Beast as their resident tech expert/genius

But in X3 he wasn't. Plus at the end of the movie, he already moved on in working for the government. So I don't think they should bring Beast back just to make a time machine. I want them to give that responsibility to a new character.

Beast could work, I would think the government confiscated Magneto's machine, so Beast would know where it's stored and would rework it in whatever way would be needed. Actually it should be Beast and Forge working on it, Beast on the physics side of things and Forge with reworking Magneto's machine.

Beast could work, I would think the government confiscated Magneto's machine, so Beast would know where it's stored and would rework it in whatever way would be needed. Actually it should be Beast and Forge working on it, Beast on the physics side of things and Forge with reworking Magneto's machine.

I like this idea

but as some users have said, it could be weird for the general audience to see two totally different beasts on the same sequel.

Maybe Singer and co. could show a little evolution of Hoult's Beast, to be more similar to Kelsey's beast

But in X3 he wasn't. Plus at the end of the movie, he already moved on in working for the government. So I don't think they should bring Beast back just to make a time machine. I want them to give that responsibility to a new character.
just cause he was currently working with/or went back to working for the government, doesn't mean he wasn't capable... he was still genius

plus were most likely looking at an alternate timeline, where as far as we know he may of never worked with the government

My idea, have someone send Xavier's mind back in time and via the newly constructed Cerebro (with help from Erik), he recieves future visions through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"