It's a shame that The Dark Knight will probably be darker than this Punisher remake

it helps when you get a ***** load of money for your budget too.
like Dark Knight.

and "Christopher Nolan"

But Cristu Bulat is still alive and it not like they did what SM3 did.Like having Gwen Stacy in the movie,even though she is killed in the comic.Now that bother the hell out of me(she should had been in SM1)

Yes, but in the movie he's in jail for trafficking biological weapons, and his father apparently dies at the end assault.

Yes, but in the movie he's in jail for trafficking biological weapons, and his father apparently dies at the end assault.
I know but
he can still break out or he can use his money to get out of jail.

it helps when you get a ***** load of money for your budget too.
like Dark Knight.

and "Christopher Nolan"

You don't need a big budget to make a good movie. Night of the Living Dead was film on 114K.

Night of the Living Dead wasn't very good though. And incredibly dated. If you're looking for blunt, fairly obvious social commentaries through zombies, then maybe you're OK. But besides that, it's a black and white, horribly overrated movie with incredibly small scope. Should Punisher War Zone be filmed all on the same farm, in black and white, with a small number of poorly-costumed enemies?

Night of the Living Dead wasn't very good though. And incredibly dated. If you're looking for blunt, fairly obvious social commentaries through zombies, then maybe you're OK. But besides that, it's a black and white, horribly overrated movie with incredibly small scope. Should Punisher War Zone be filmed all on the same farm, in black and white, with a small number of poorly-costumed enemies?

:whatever: You are not getting what he is talking about. of course Night of the Living Dead is dated. It came out 40 years ago. 40 years ago NotLD was a very controversial movie. You should see some of the documentaries on it. Some interesting stuff.

Night of the Living Dead is ****ing awesome. Don't talk bad about that movie. Learn your film history and respect the past works of the masters.

Its stupid to compare a movie like Punisher War Zone or any other current film to a movie like NOTLD.

Night of the Living Dead is the zombie movie that all others are inspired by. I think he was only comparing Punisher War Zone's budget to NotLD's budget.

Does anyone know what 114k is today adjusted to inflation?

Night of the Living Dead is ****ing awesome. Don't talk bad about that movie. Learn your film history and respect the past works of the masters.

Its stupid to compare a movie like Punisher War Zone or any other current film to a movie like NOTLD.

If I have to keep reminding myself every 5 minutes that it's bad because it's dated, then that's not a good thing. Movies like Casablanca, It's a Wonderful Life, or The Longest Day are amazing. Night of the Living Dead isn't. In fact, I don't know one person in real life who has seen it and wasn't utterly bored to tears. It's got that it set the ground for zombie movies for years to come, which really hasn't proved to be all that good of a thing.

Nevertheless, if you like it, great. I'm glad you guys can see what I can't.

I guess so. I was bored to death during Casablanca.

You know what else is probably considered dated, everything before 2006.

That's always the dumbest complaints I hear about old movies, that it's dated.

Last edited:
It's not dumb, especially when I enjoy lots of old movies. Just because Night of the Living Dead came off as silly and weak in scope to me doesn't mean that I think the same of all movies before 2006. Heck, I think The Good, Bad and the Ugly is one of the best movies of all time.

Only movie I guessed I've ever thought of as dated is Tim Burton's Batman. Probably because I enjoyed it so much as a child but now it doesn't really do much for me. I guess I could say that about Superman IV. I really enjoyed that one too when I was little, but haven't see it since.

Thomas Jane punisher looks like my college roommate he doesn't have the hardened battle look. Thomas Jane's version stinks that freaking fire hydrant act was straight up trash. Frank walking around with a fire hydrant should only happend if he is planting it on some scumbags head!! Oh and that damn "Punisher moble" ugh!! with it's roll down blinds pure vomit. If he has a car it should be a straight muscle car no fancy gadgets.
The Punisher is a force of nature.. the badguy's Jason Voorhees. The scene in the trailer were he grabbes the guy's leg and throwes him against the wall..thats the Punisher, not the taking pictures and blackmailing his enemies Punisher... leave that out and I can deal with the chandler scene.

Thomas Jane punisher looks like my college roommate he doesn't have the hardened battle look. Thomas Jane's version stinks that freaking fire hydrant act was straight up trash. Frank walking around with a fire hydrant should only happend if he is planting it on some scumbags head!! Oh and that damn "Punisher moble" ugh!! with it's roll down blinds pure vomit. If he has a car it should be a straight muscle car no fancy gadgets.
The Punisher is a force of nature.. the badguy's Jason Voorhees. The scene in the trailer were he grabbes the guy's leg and throwes him against the wall..thats the Punisher, not the taking pictures and blackmailing his enemies Punisher... leave that out and I can deal with the chandler scene.

Give this man a cigar!

Agreed with everything you said. Especially that bit about the fire hydrant!:woot:

Yeah, but Frank was a retired FBI agent in the 2004 movie. And it barely mentioned he fought in the war. So I guess they gave a more tactical feel to his "Punishment". Which Frank would do anyway IMO. Maybe not all the time though. Personally I liked the 2004 film. It wasn't necessarily a Punisher movie, but a decent revenge flick. If we were given a true Punisher film, it'd probably be 45 minutes long. Someone does something to Frank. Frank gets angry. Frank breaks down door and mows down everyone in a room with AK's. And I think that's what War Zone will be about and then some. True Punishment. Let's hope so.

Umm, GTO's are muscle cars. And if you think roll down blinds made of sheet metal are fancy gadgets, you must be easily impressed.

Yeah, the last movie wasn't a gore fest that War Zone is, but it's not like Castle has never gone the psychological/methodical route when dealing with an enemy either.

Yeah, the last movie wasn't a gore fest that War Zone is, but it's not like Castle has never gone the psychological/methodical route when dealing with an enemy either.

Call it anyway you want...psychological/methodical....it was still a dumb scene.

Even the goofy punisher on war journal will probably say; 'uh-uh...that's not how you do it,TJ!'

Call it anyway you want...psychological/methodical....it was still a dumb scene.

Even the goofy punisher on war journal will probably say; 'uh-uh...that's not how you do it,TJ!'

I could do with out the fire hydrant stuff, but I was talking about the taking pictures and setting up Saint to destroy himself before he kills him.

I could do with out the fire hydrant stuff, but I was talking about the taking pictures and setting up Saint to destroy himself before he kills him.

well that depends.The pre- Ennis punisher might have...though i doubt it.There were a lot of goofy punisher stories from that era.

In my opinion, he's just doesn't have the patience to do that kind of stuff before finally killing his target.

I see know shame in the Dark Knight being darker.

................so yeah. lol.

Well said(thumbs way UP!):yay:.Dec 5th The Punishment Begins:unishr:

Yeah, but Frank was a retired FBI agent in the 2004 movie. And it barely mentioned he fought in the war. So I guess they gave a more tactical feel to his "Punishment". Which Frank would do anyway IMO. Maybe not all the time though. Personally I liked the 2004 film. It wasn't necessarily a Punisher movie, but a decent revenge flick. If we were given a true Punisher film, it'd probably be 45 minutes long. Someone does something to Frank. Frank gets angry. Frank breaks down door and mows down everyone in a room with AK's. And I think that's what War Zone will be about and then some. True Punishment. Let's hope so.
True.The 04 film was a good revenge movie,but not so much a Punisher film(except the ending).And I agree with you,that Frank wouldn't had sit around planning.He would had killed those responsible in no time.

Umm, GTO's are muscle cars. And if you think roll down blinds made of sheet metal are fancy gadgets, you must be easily impressed.

I agree.Frank did go down the pychological,past a few times.But I will doubt that he would do that to the people who killed his family(he would had been more hands on).And the film is more then just a gore fest,it has a pretty good story too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"