Pokémon It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd call it a reboot. Would you say Ruby and Sapphire were reboots since they weren't backwards compatible with Gen 1/2?

Oh a reboot would be ENRAGING
Getting over Gen 3 lacking backwards compatibility was tough, but I doubt it happens again. We have played tooooo many games for them to do a reboot- R/S/E/D/P/Plt/HG/SS/B/W/B2/W2 and all the gamecube/wii games

Nothing about these games feel like a reboot, though. We're getting new characters, new Pokémon, a new setting, and new Gym Leaders, but that's the case with every Generational set of games.

The only thing this series can do to make it a reboot is to completely change the combat system (from turn-based to something drastically different) and change the formula (from "travel from town to town catching and raising Pokémon, beat the 'always 8' Gym Leaders, stop Team ____ from catching Legendary Pokémon ____, save the region/world/time/space, win the Pokémon League" to a radically different story).

Unless every generation is counted as a reboot, this looks to be just another "new season" of Pokémon games.

They could always just have gen 1 & 2 pokemon only available on X, and 3 & 4 on Y. Minus a few from all gens peppered into both. So getting 2 copies would net you all the pokemon without starting back in Kanto.

Personally, I'd rather they do an MMO than reboot though. In an MMO they could have it where you choose which land you start in. Choose Kanto and see only gen 1 pokemon on your journey. Choose Jhoto, and see gen 2, and so on. Legendaries being uncatchable, only appearing in big events (Groudon attacking a town, helping stop team Rocket from kidnapping a baby Lugia). At some point you can purchase a boat ticket to go to other regions, or take part in big, multi region tournaments. After beating the Elite 4 you can start in another region. Top it off with the ability to transfer pokemon from the MMO to the 3DS, but not vice versa as I'd rather not risk the hacked pokes from the handheld games making it into the MMO.

Last edited:
the Pokemon World Tournament had battles against all former gym leaders and champions
I'm hoping for a next generation Emerald remake but who knows.

I just nearly ripped my 3DS in half. I'm fighting Ghetsis at the end of Black version 2 and that mother****er taught pretty much everyone on his team earthquake. He rolled through me with a vengeance.

Elecktross has levitate :woot:

Matt! Friend code swap meng. If we trade worthless pokemon, we'll get more people in our join avenues

These are some well done fanart pics I ran across of what the starters might become at later stages.

pokemon-fennekin-evolution.jpg

pokemon-chespin-evolution-45801_555x350.jpg

pokemon-froakie-evolution.jpg

This announcement has started the urge to go back and try to catch all the Black/White gen Pokemon. I have all of them for the previous gens but got kind of burnt out when playing through Black and White to try and do the same for the new gen.

Any chance someone has extras of the two event Pokemon that were released last year? Keldeo and Genesect? I'm kicking myself now for missing out on them. I don't really care if they are hacked versions, either, I'm sure some of the older event ones I got during my quest were hacked.

Apparently, Serebii has the names of the legendaries, Xerneas and Yveltal.

For those who don't which is which here ya go:

Xerneas (left), Yveltal (right)

Pokemon-X-Y.jpg

I just nearly ripped my 3DS in half. I'm fighting Ghetsis at the end of Black version 2 and that mother****er taught pretty much everyone on his team earthquake. He rolled through me with a vengeance.

Braviary. Nuff said. Absolutely loved him. Just wish you could find Rufflet earlier and it was a 3-form Pokemon like Pidgey.

These are some well done fanart pics I ran across of what the starters might become at later stages.

-snip-

I hope the Grass one turns out like that. There need to be more Wolverine-looking Pokemon.

This announcement has started the urge to go back and try to catch all the Black/White gen Pokemon. I have all of them for the previous gens but got kind of burnt out when playing through Black and White to try and do the same for the new gen.

Any chance someone has extras of the two event Pokemon that were released last year? Keldeo and Genesect? I'm kicking myself now for missing out on them. I don't really care if they are hacked versions, either, I'm sure some of the older event ones I got during my quest were hacked.

I can look into it. I used PokeSav to create event Pokemon I missed like Deoxys. Pretty much exact copies. They're hacked but legal since it's nothing unobtainable like Sableye with Wonder Guard (making him almost undefeatable).

Chespin I have a love/hate for. Its the only one I'm even remotely interested in, but on the other hand it looks so...well, it looks like what you'd expect to find at the very beginning of the game after you leave the 1st town, like Ratatta or Zigzagoon. Not like a starter Pokémon at all.

I want to say Chespin is a hedgehog or a chipmunk. But I'm not entirely sure. If it does become a wolverine I wouldn't mind that at all.

As for the legendaries, what typing do you think they'll have? I want to say Dark and Psychic type will be used for them.

If they're going the whole x-axis/y-axis route, then one could (also) be Ground and the other Flying (as its second type).

Well, the Y-shaped one is clearly flying. I wonder if they're going to create a Z-shaped one for the inevitable 3rd version. :hehe:

I can look into it. I used PokeSav to create event Pokemon I missed like Deoxys. Pretty much exact copies. They're hacked but legal since it's nothing unobtainable like Sableye with Wonder Guard (making him almost undefeatable).

That'd be awesome. Let me know if you figure something out. :yay:

I'm kind of loving all the fan speculation on the mascots being based on Norse mythology.

Just saw the trailer. Loving the look of the legendaries but the starters look a bit bland to me, hopefully the evolved versions look more diverse.

And, the 3D gameplay so far just ...WOW. It seems to be the Pokémon game I've always dreamed of in terms of the battles.

Also, here's the official art for Xerneas and Yveltal:

456px-Xerneas.png

584px-Yveltal.png

I honestly can't choose which one I like more...

Just saw the trailer. Loving the look of the legendaries but the starters look a bit bland to me, hopefully the evolved versions look more diverse.

As long as the fire one doesn't evolve into Fire/Fighting again, I'm cool with whatever.

Maybe with the X-Y-Z theme they seem to have going, they'll introduce 3-type Pokemon. That would be kinda nuts. Water/Ice/Dark would be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"