Pokémon It's the Pokemon thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with some points (such as the reboot of Ash he does act like a novice sometimes) but the show still holds up. The battles have never been better and just recently they incorporated N and Team Plasma into the show. They're doing a mix between Black and White 1 & 2 in regards to them trying to control Reshiram but they have Corless from 2 in it. And they added a new wrinkle to the N storyline by him already realizing Plasma is evil. And they are doing a Plasma vs. Rocket storyline and today was one of the big payoffs in that.

Is it silly sometimes? Yes. But it's still Pokémon and it still rocks. And though I don't think Ash will ever win one of the "big leagues" i'll still root for him every time.

Considering on how it all ends (i've seen what happens based on following the Japanese episodes), it doesn't really payoff in the end.

And this just in folks, Ash will, yet again, be the protagonist for the next region series.....without having grown one bit. I can't remember the last time when a character stayed this young for this long.

Considering on how it all ends (i've seen what happens based on following the Japanese episodes), it doesn't really payoff in the end.

And this just in folks, Ash will, yet again, be the protagonist for the next region series.....without having grown one bit. I can't remember the last time when a character stayed this young for this long.

Inthe end, it's a deconstruction of the irresponsibility of letting a ten year old go out into the wild on his own fighting magical monsters. They never grow up, they never learn, they end up dead. Hahahaha.

Actually they've stated that Ash has actually grown in the series age-wise. If you listen carefully in the Pokémon 3 movie during the Pikachu short you'll hear Ash mention that it had been one year since they met. So technically he has grown up over time, they just don't mention it a lot.

Oh and I'm fine with Ash being the protagonist....again.

Actually they've stated that Ash has actually grown in the series age-wise. If you listen carefully in the Pokémon 3 movie during the Pikachu short you'll hear Ash mention that it had been one year since they met. So technically he has grown up over time, they just don't mention it a lot.

Oh and I'm fine with Ash being the protagonist....again.

well they've rectonned it since then because in the newer series, they said that he's still 10 years old.

Lol no way is ash a friggin ten year old. Tween maybe... Ten no. Thats ridiculous.... A fourth grader?????

Lol no way is ash a friggin ten year old. Tween maybe... Ten no. Thats ridiculous.... A fourth grader?????

Sadly he is; I think it was confirmed by the official Japanese Sources that Ash is still portrayed as being 10 years old within the series.

They arnt very familiar with 10 year olds then..... 13 would even be pushing it

They arnt very familiar with 10 year olds then..... 13 would even be pushing it

Oh they are; they purposefully haven't allowed him to age due to wanting his character to remain connected with younger kids for each new generation that comes by.

oh im aware of that tactic, but that being said... kids always like kids "older" than them... so i really doubt even making him 15 would push any of the kids away from watching. They'd still pretend and say they wanna grow up to be a pokemon trainer.

this is also why you always see teens in commercials for younger children toys (this was shown heavily with the Avengers merchandise for example. It had 16 year olds leaping over couches using all the "nerf toys" like captain america and Iron man's shield launchers, when aside from random acts of maturity.. you're not going to see most kids that age buying that stuff

I like the gold one better. If it ever comes out in the US, I might snag it.

gives me a better reason to shell out money on a new 3DS. been playing on the original, and my eyes are starting to get worse. I don't know how the hell i ever played pokemon on the gameboy color

I don't have a 3DS, but I've been thinking about getting one for a long time.

I don't have a 3DS, but I've been thinking about getting one for a long time.

Pokemon X & Y may end up being the thing that pushes me over the edge for it. I haven't played the games since Ruby and Sapphire (played a little of the Fire Red when I had a DS, but never bought it). I don't know much about the progression of the series, if there's been anything significant in that area, but I saw they were going 3D with this one, and the nostalgia of yesteryear kind of hit me as I was looking stuff up about it.

The series honestly has evolved a lot since Ruby and Sapphire (sapphire being my second favorite of all time behind Crystal). The story has gotten better. Battles have become more epic. The level design has gotten better as well.

If you don't have one buy one. Pokémon X/Y will be the cherry on top for your purchase.

Anybody check the newest reveal, Steel/Ghost-type Honedge?

The steel/ghost type set is interesting, but I don't like the design. I hate it when they take an inanimate object and just turn it into a Pokemon.

It's not bad but they wasted a good typing on an uninspiring design. It should have been something like a possessed suit of armor.

I thought about armor; I bet it evolves into a suit of armor.

yeah it could've been like the armor from Kingdom Hearts, that would've been awesome.

Is it a safe bet that the birdlike legendary is Dragon/Something, and the elk is Fairy/Something?

I think Ash can put together a really good team from his reserves if it includes Charizard, Sceptile, and Infernape. I'm not sure who else should be there, as I've only watched the show sporadically since Kanto/1st half of Johto.

It's not bad but they wasted a good typing on an uninspiring design. It should have been something like a possessed suit of armor.

They did the same thing in Black/White with Chandelure. Awesome typing (Fire/Ghost), terrible design. It's a ****ing chandelier.

Any anthropomorphized inanimate object is just stupid. They can't figure out a new design, so they just look around the room and make whatever they see a Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"