Pokémon It's the Pokemon thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I've been running into the same thing. I REALLY wanted to play one or the other. But apparently it's hard to find, so people jack the prices up.

I had $20 in store credit at Gamestop so I thought I'd pick it up for my buddy so we can get Rayquaza, but it costs more used than it did new.

Did you get it or skip it? I wouldn't pay that much for it. Especially used.

Good decision. :up:

I've seen copies on Ebay for about 30 if that's more manageable.

Gamestop is pretty much single handedly ruining the game industry imo...

horrible horrible place.

you can often get Twice as much, for games by having Best Buy or Toys R Us buy them back from you.

I never sell there, I only buy from them. Their prices are pretty hit or miss. I've gotten some steals and I've also seen them ridiculously overcharge.

So I missed all of the hullabaloo about the new Fairy-Type. I like the idea behind it, but hope it actually does more good than harm.

I can see the new type being more of a support and secondary type for most Pokemon. For some reason, I can't see there being many straight Fairy types.

I think Fairy is just a foil for Dragon. As it is, Dragon is pretty over powered. Too many resistances and not enough weaknesses.

From what I've read, Game Freak actually came out and said Fairy-type was created simply to nerf Dragon-type Pokemon. I just hope whatever types they are super-effective, resistive or non-effected with doesn't hurt other types like Ice, Poison, and Grass.

I can see the new type being more of a support and secondary type for most Pokemon. For some reason, I can't see there being many straight Fairy types.
I personally can't wait to see a Fairy/Dragon type. :wow:

I actually think Dragonite would fit that bill pretty well. I ****ing love Dragonite.

I wonder what Fairy's weaknesses will be. Dark seems to make sense.

That would actually balance it out pretty well I think. Being super effective against Dragon, which has high defense—and then being weak to Poison, which has low attack.

Kind of going to go on a rant here, but I really wish that they would either cancel the Animated Series or start afresh with some more serious tones, similar to what they had presented with the trailer that they had released to promote Black and White 2. I’ve seen some episodes from the recent seasons, and my god, they are so terrible to watch. Ash as a character hasn’t developed at all since the first season and he has never won one of the “big leagues”. It’s so freaking repetitive in every sense of the word. And they keep bringing on new characters/traveling partners for Ash that are more annoying than the last one, especially with Iris.

I wish the show would be like it was back in the first Season (Kanto/Indigo League); the stories felt more serious and were actually funny.

I rewatched the Kanto series a few years ago, and it actually held up pretty well. It wasn't as great as I remember of course, but I was glad I watched it again.

I want to catch up on the show, though.

I've been saying they needed to do a reboot every season with a new character based on that generation's player (Ethan/Kris, Brendan/May, Lucas/Dawn, etc.) or find a way to develop Ash in a realistic way. I stopped watching somewhere in Johto, but the show is definitely repetitive and the writing is now extremely stale. From what I've heard, Ash was actually competent and almost won Sinnoh, but then the writers decided to reboot the character when the show hit Unova. :-/

I've been saying they needed to do a reboot every season with a new character based on that generation's player (Ethan/Kris, Brendan/May, Lucas/Dawn, etc.) or find a way to develop Ash in a realistic way. I stopped watching somewhere in Johto, but the show is definitely repetitive and the writing is now extremely stale. From what I've heard, Ash was actually competent and almost won Sinnoh, but then the writers decided to reboot the character when the show hit Unova. :-/

Indeed. I mean the fact that they haven't allowed him to age after how many years now is another big issue, along with how stupid he comes off when he should be an expert by now and he's more annoying now whenever he shows emotion of feeling sorry for pokemon or people just in the way that he comes off as.

The Black and White season was probably the worst, especially since they didn't do an real good long spanning arc involving Team Plasma; they didnt' even try to recreate the whole freezing unova scenario that was in the games and that would have at least made things bearable to watch.

They were building up to Team Plasma vs Giovanni and the Rockets. It got scrapped after the tsunami and earthquake that hit Japan. Ash was competent in Sinnoh. He just got swept in the league by a guy with Darkrai and Latias on his team. Kanto season was great, as was the first movie. There was variety to the episodes; now its all rote/routine.

You know this show is getting up there when they have to use a trainer with not one, but TWO legendaries to hinder the protagonist. :doh:

They were building up to Team Plasma vs Giovanni and the Rockets. It got scrapped after the tsunami and earthquake that hit Japan. Ash was competent in Sinnoh. He just got swept in the league by a guy with Darkrai and Latias on his team. Kanto season was great, as was the first movie. There was variety to the episodes; now its all rote/routine.

You know this show is getting up there when they have to use a trainer with not one, but TWO legendaries to hinder the protagonist. :doh:

Yep, if I had a nickel for every time a episode started with Ash and Gang walking and suddenly realizing that they were either lost or just found a great spot to settle down and relax, thus releasing their pokemon out and having a fun time before so and so happens.

At this point, I don't think Ash will ever win the "big one" when it comes to Pokemon leagues. Hell, I wonder if they'll ever resolve the whole Ho-Oh and Zekroam run ins that Ash has had with those two legendary pokemon.

As for Sinnoh, that was probably when he had the strongest line of pokemon available for him since most of his pokemon were fully evolved. They should have just given Piplup to Ash and have that one evolve while Dawn gets stuck with some other pokemon as her main one.

And it never makes sense as to why Ash never uses his powerful pokemon in the movies or in major battles with villains and always sticks to Pikachu.

Just bought Pokemon Black and am borrowing my sisters Soul Silver so that I can just transfer the Pokemon from SS over to black when they allow me to.

I agree with some points (such as the reboot of Ash he does act like a novice sometimes) but the show still holds up. The battles have never been better and just recently they incorporated N and Team Plasma into the show. They're doing a mix between Black and White 1 & 2 in regards to them trying to control Reshiram but they have Corless from 2 in it. And they added a new wrinkle to the N storyline by him already realizing Plasma is evil. And they are doing a Plasma vs. Rocket storyline and today was one of the big payoffs in that.

Is it silly sometimes? Yes. But it's still Pokémon and it still rocks. And though I don't think Ash will ever win one of the "big leagues" i'll still root for him every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"