Pokémon It's the Pokemon thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so there is a lot of anger (or disappointment) over Talonflame's name. I mean, nevermind there have been names just as uninspired (Seel, Persian, Ho-oh), names that were just two words combined with no alteration (Vile Plume, Nine Tails, Sand Shrew, also Abra, Kadabra, and Alakazam are actual words, like Persian) or just plain terrible (f&^*ing Sawk & Throh anyone?)

While I wasn't keen on Talonflame's name either, I still liked it, and given how people are absolutely overreacting to it (again, while Sawk & Throh hardly got any rage), I'm going to use the hell out of Talonflame just to trollolol people.

Thank you, internets. You have given me reason to use, with pride, Talonflame.

Oh yeah..Volt Orb and Electrode (like Persian...an ACTUAL WORD).

Exactly WolfCypher, we shouldn't overreact to these names. I was caught off guard by it but if the Pokémon is cool I'll get over it.

As for other obvious Pokémon names how bout: Hoothoot (the sound an owl makes), Dewgong (an actual animal), and how the coolest Pokémon of all time Mewtwo? It's a clone of Mew so obviously we must call it Mew-TWO, we're so clever!

Or Star-U and it's evolution Star-ME, where's Star-US?

It happens, the names are weak occasionally, let's just enjoy the game.

I actually liked the name Talonflame. It's a portmanteau like a lot of Pokemon. Just pick any starter Pokemon or their evolution. Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Cyndaquil, Treecko, even Charizard, the most overrated Pokemon of all time.

I was thinking of using Talonflame as my Fire Pokemon despite the bad Fire/Flying typing.

I read some place that the new region is so big it'll have multiple pokedex's or something like that. Anyone else hear that?

That seems weird. Not the region's size, just the multiple Pokédexes. We've always had the ability to just "upgrade" the Pokédex to include more Pokémon that become available to us later in the games, and even in some games switch from "national" to "regional". Why not just keep that?

I doubt there will be multiple separate pokedex's that is just illogical

Yeah the point of the Pokedex is to just upload the new regions when you get to a certain point like in all the other games. You have a National Dex (or something) and then the World version.

Here's a link about it: http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/14/pokemon-x-ys-pokedex-is-split-into-three-segments/

Pokémon X & Y sounds like it’s going to be quite massive, what with a whole new world and additional creatures on top of the existing critters. The game’s Pokédex has been confirmed as coming in three separate chunks to spread out the roster. The details come from Japanese mag CoroCoro, following details of four new Pokémon yesterday.

Also: http://www.officialnintendomagazine...y-pokedex-will-be-separated-into-three-areas/

According to the magazine, the Pokedex will be spilt into three areas. They are Central Karos Pokedex, Coastal Karos Pokedex and Mountain Pokedex. So completists may want to complete each area before moving onto the next.

Sounds more like a filter for the region's overall Pokedex than 3 separate Pokedexes.

I'm assuming it means this game is gonna be big. That's great news

If they have 151 new Pokemon, that means there will be 900 in the game. Which is especially a lot since they all have 3D models now instead of just sprites. I don't think the game will be bigger in more to do, just that everything takes up more space on the cart compared to previous generations.

I want more to do. I don't care about new pokemon as much as I care about finishing the game and not really having too much to do afterwards

I wonder what the evil team will be about.

If they have 151 new Pokemon, that means there will be 900 in the game. Which is especially a lot since they all have 3D models now instead of just sprites. I don't think the game will be bigger in more to do, just that everything takes up more space on the cart compared to previous generations.

Are all 900 catchable in the game? If so, where did they say that? I really hope they are, transferring is a pain in the ass. I'd rather just catch 'em again.

I'd like to transfer a few Pokemon I've put a whole lot of work into, but I'd hate to have to transfer large chunks of the National Dex. Transferring 600 or so Pokemon would be a nightmare.

Are all 900 catchable in the game? If so, where did they say that? I really hope they are, transferring is a pain in the ass. I'd rather just catch 'em again.

I don't know, they haven't said anything about how many Pokemon or if there are some that are uncatchable.

I think from here on out, I'm only going to worry about catching the new pokemon. Completing the national Dex in BW was too much work for me, so I never did it. I only like to create teams out of the new pokemon anyway.

There's no real reason for me to worry about pokemon that I've seen before.

I'd like to transfer a few Pokemon I've put a whole lot of work into, but I'd hate to have to transfer large chunks of the National Dex. Transferring 600 or so Pokemon would be a nightmare.

I have them all and want to be able to transfer them... I just ****ing hope they make it not a hassle. They should release some kind of companion app on the eShop to just pull them all from black/white to x/y.

Hey I gotta question for you Poke guys. Does anyone have an extra Rayquaza? My best friend and I have been working on completeing the National Dex in Black 2 and we only need a Rayquaza to finish

Do you have Heart Gold or Soul Silver? You can catch him (pretty easily, I've heard) if you have Groudon and Kyogre in the same game. But I don't have one, sorry.

On a related note, I'm about to get Heart Gold or Soul Silver, but I really only want to spend the money on one of them. Does anybody who's played both have a preference, or are they basically the same?

We have HearGold, but we need SoulSilver in order to catch him

Do you have Heart Gold or Soul Silver? You can catch him (pretty easily, I've heard) if you have Groudon and Kyogre in the same game. But I don't have one, sorry.

On a related note, I'm about to get Heart Gold or Soul Silver, but I really only want to spend the money on one of them. Does anybody who's played both have a preference, or are they basically the same?

They're basically the same game, just Pokemon exclusives to both games.

It comes down to the pokemon that you prefer. I like Arcanine, so I went with Gold. Have any pokemon grown on you? Maybe you hated their design at first or something? For me, it would be Blaziken and Infernape. Very aesthetic Fire types.

hopefully a lot if not all of the original 150 are in the game, hell the cart sizes are big enough

if not then i hope the rumors of old game transfers from any point is true

I tried to pick up a used copy of SoulSilver yesterday at Gamestop. It was $44. WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"