Guardians of the Galaxy James gunn fired!!! - Part 2

Feige on Gunn:

"His influence was Guardians. It was Guardians. It was his input on Guardians and the Avengers films, as you've seen in Infinity War, and on the Guardians 3 script, which we’re still using. So you'll see that influence. I think online, sort of the notion of ‘architect across multiple cosmic things’ was slightly blown out of proportion."

I don’t know. Sounds like he’s trying to walk back how big a role Gunn was going to have.

Yup. I love Feige but this kind of PR spin pisses me off.

To Feige's credit, most websites do blow things out of proportion.

True but I remember Gunn himself said that’s what was going to happen. Feige could have easily just said that they aren’t revealing anything until after Endgame. To address that specific point only makes it seem like he is backtracking.

It's been 9 months now and still no director. My guess is that Feige is putting it on the backburner until Suicide Squad 2 finishes filming, particularly since Dave Bautista is now Peacemaker in SS2 which he's working on with Gunn.

Alan Horn is 76. I feel like Feige may just be waiting for him to retire which will likely happen in a year or two and then rehire Gunn.

It's been 9 months now and still no director. My guess is that Feige is putting it on the backburner until Suicide Squad 2 finishes filming, particularly since Dave Bautista is now Peacemaker in SS2 which he's working on with Gunn.

Alan Horn is 76. I feel like Feige may just be waiting for him to retire which will likely happen in a year or two and then rehire Gunn.
I highly doubt Gunn will be back. It is a little worrisome they haven't really looked at finding a new director yet, but my guess is this isn't coming til 2022 at the earliest

I highly doubt Gunn will be back. It is a little worrisome they haven't really looked at finding a new director yet, but my guess is this isn't coming til 2022 at the earliest

If they're waiting on Gunn, it'll be 2023. And since Marvel already have dates selected up through 2022, it's highly likely that that it won't be coming in that year. We're looking at early 2023 at the earliest.

Same goes with how we won't a Defenders continuation until 2021 and the current Avengers roster will likely be killed off only to be resurrected 5-10 years from now thanks to contracts ending. It's all studio politics ruining things for the fans. At least we'll be able to see the Eternals, Fantastic Four and X-Men as the new heroes. That and the Offenders.

They're waiting for the dust to settle. I doubt any other director inside Marvel will take on that project because it's Gunn and they are close to him, so my guess is it will be someone new.

Iger was on board with Gunn being gone as well. Why would Feige attempt to go around him as well as Horn? Assuming Horn even would retire within a year or so when, as far as I can tell, there's no indication of that.

Endgame trailer yesterday, and today we learn Gunn is back for Vol 3?

Sweet Christmas!

8223fe84dc29ac685d1def11a4b0a5a3.gif

I was okay with Disney firing him for his stupid tweets but I'm even more okay with them re-hiring him.

Let the man finish his trilogy!

I was okay with Disney firing him for his stupid tweets but I'm even more okay with them re-hiring him.

Guess he will have a couple of films released by the time that gotg 3 comes out. So all this will hopefully have blown over by then and we can get back to making good stories.

Guess he will have a couple of films released by the time that gotg 3 comes out. So all this will hopefully have blown over by then and we can get back to making good stories.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Suicide Squad 2 starts shooting this year. Maybe GotG 3 can be his next movie since he already wrote the script

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Suicide Squad 2 starts shooting this year. Maybe GotG 3 can be his next movie since he already wrote the script

Brightburn will be out soon aswell.

I expect he will move onto Gotg3 straight after SS2, and as you say, with a script being done he'll have a headstart.

Is your stance that they should fire him again/no longer work with him after the third film? Or has Gunn said in the past that he only wants to do 3?

Is your stance that they should fire him again/no longer work with him after the third film? Or has Gunn said in the past that he only wants to do 3?
Well no, of course I don't want him fired again. :hehe: But he once said this would be the last movie with the old team. Who knows what he'll want to do after this one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"