Guardians of the Galaxy James gunn fired!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_nkanoe98dO1stw108o4_540.gif

Just fire them all. I can't tolerate these double standards.

It's not "double standards" when the situations couldn't be farther apart, dude.

This was part of a written script ... Where every party there (NOT underage) agreed to film.

Your basis of comparison is laughable at best. Keep whining.

No was is forced to hire him or keep him employed either.

Who works for Disney, who they hire, reflects on them. Making jokes pedophilia on the regular is far more then an offensive joke imo.

If anything more studios are going to scrub through tweets (new and old) to make sure they're not hiring some offensive jokester or views that are not in line with their ethics.

Are you really comparing an acting performance to what Gunn did

Pratt exposed himself to an entire room of women and men without their consent. Way worse than words if you ask me.

Pratt exposed himself to an entire room of women and men without their consent. Way worse than words if you ask me.

He had the consent. It was an acting scene. And He most likely was not fully naked.

I actually see that you're trolling at this point.

Are you really comparing an acting performance to what Gunn did

technically what pratt did was unwanted exposure. it could qualify as an illegal act if prosecuted/charges were brought

one could hand-wave it away as say "locker-room talk" or the "parks & rec cast and crew is a tight family, no big deal"

or one could take the obvious and sensible approach and say it was a joke at his own expense and amy poehler had a great sense of humor about it

A flat-out falsehood on your part, just because you're a ******** fanboy.

Even when you watch the outtake of this scene, Pratt wore a "nude" pair of briefs, and he accidentally spilled out of them, immediately covered himself up and apologized, while everyone on set was cracking up.

It's called a wardrobe malfunction, friendo.

He had the consent. It was an acting scene. And He most likely was not fully naked.

I actually see that you're trolling at this point.
no he did not. the acting scene called for him to have some sort of skintight/flesh colored skivvies on that they'd blur in post to make it look like he was naked

he actually stripped fully naked to get the reaction shot from her, it was unrehearsed and that is her genuine reaction of shock/laughter

on the surface this looks like a gotcha kinda ironic point at him but it's not

the roseanne thing is actually similar because it's not like ABC/Disney didn't know who she is as a person and what she's said about obama/oprah back in her day on social media as well. they STILL hired her for the show

but what she said was racist and wasn't a poor attempt at humor, and it was done WHILE she was collecting a paycheck from them

gunn is being judged under "modern" rules for stuff that happened in the past

Didn't realize there was a statute of limitations on being a creep. I must have missed that meeting.

For me, I honestly thought GotG2 did everything just about better than the 1st one did, but I know I am in a minority opinion on that. Vol. 2 just spoke to me more. The movie makes me emotional, LOL! But we'll see who they get. It's just hard to expect a better movie when this news is fresh and all is uncertain.
I legitmately got tears in my eyes for the ending. It definitely got me. But for me it feels like butter spread to thinly overall. But I also still quite like a lot of it. And I get your reaction completely. Both for Vol. 2 and where 3 might be going. :up:

Even when you watch the outtake of this scene, Pratt wore a "nude" pair of briefs, and he accidentally spilled out of them, immediately covered himself up and apologized, while everyone on set was cracking up.

Oh? Why'd he admit it was intentional then?

[YT]yzdEokNTScg[/YT]

Friendo...

it wasn't, it was a deliberate choice by pratt. nbc wrote him a letter admonishing him for it. but it was the take they used lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzdEokNTScg

If anything more studios are going to scrub through tweets (new and old) to make sure they're not hiring some offensive jokester or views that are not in line with their ethics.
Yes, exactly.

You're really saying that a person appearing nude to get a reaction from another actor is worse than a guy making so many rape and pedophilia jokes that he had to delete five years worth of tweets?
nhrcw.jpg

You're really saying that a person appearing nude to get a reaction from another actor is worse than a guy making so many rape and pedophilia jokes that he had to delete five years worth of tweets?
nhrcw.jpg

Yes.

Oh? Why'd he admit it was intentional then?

[YT]yzdEokNTScg[/YT]

Friendo...

Friendo ...

Pratt admits that he was reprimanded for it; in this very video that you posted. As a "final warning," too. Don't act as if absolutely nothing happened to him.

Plus, you know ... What he did WASN'T INVOLVING CHILDREN or SAYING INAPPROPRIATE THINGS ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S KIDS.

This is setting a bad precedent. Words are words, you should be able to say whatever you want, when you want. Not until you physically act on those words should you ever be punished. If we keep sensoring people over everything that hurts someone’s feelings, we will literally have vocabularies that consist of two words. This is happening over in the UK and it will only get worse here if everyone keeps it up. We should follow our constitution more strictly, they didn’t make the first amendment address freedom of speech for no reason

nhrcw.jpg

Kind of amazing how many superhero fans have really messed up morals.

Kind of amazing how many superhero fans have really messed up morals.

You consider a joke on twitter worse than non-consensual exposure in a professional setting?

I consider non-consensual exposure in a professional setting worse than a joke on twitter.

This is setting a bad precedent. Words are words, you should be able to say whatever you want, when you want. Not until you physically act on those words should you ever be punished. If we keep sensoring people over everything that hurts someone’s feelings, we will literally have vocabularies that consist of two words. This is happening over in the UK and it will only get worse here if everyone keeps it up. We should follow our constitution more strictly, they didn’t make the first amendment address freedom of speech for no reason
So if say the Russos decided to call Bob Iger a pedophile, Nazi and claim that he knows he has murdered at least 10 people, should Bob Iger not be able to fire him?

Also, from a practical manner, isn't firing someone over stuff like this, exercising free speech?

The past few years I've been a lot more selective of the movies I go see in theaters. Especially with the MCU. Not because they are bad. They arent bad films, but I just dont feel the need to watch them in theaters. I skipped GOTG 2, Spiderman, Black Panther, and I still havent watched Ant Man 2 in theaters and probably wont. Guess Ill be skipping GOTG 3 in theaters as well. I probably would have if this hadn't happened, but it's a lot more likely now.

I get it. There has to be some consequences to stupidity, but I think there also has to be some regard for context, severity, a person's changes, and the time that's passed. After 10 years these comments should be a non issue. They were stupid and crass comments bordering on gross. At most they warrant a side eyed glance and a head shake. Maybe a public apology and a "walk" of shame to appease SJW. If we punish and mess up the career and life of everyone for every questionable thing they said years before we are saying a person cant change or improve or mature. We are saying that there's no hope for becoming a better person. Say the wrong thing and a decade later you're still **** and toxic. That's not the sort of society and "justice system" I really want to live in.

Side note, I think with the way things are going studios are going to eventually make their actors and directors shut down their personal social media accounts and to limit their online activity. It wont take care of past actions on social media, but it will ensure directors and actors dont post anything stupid while employed by a studio. Social media just creates way too many business problems. Use it to market the films, but dont let employees post whatever they want to. At the very least I think we'll get to a point when directors and actors will stop using social media so that they can protect their careers from dumb **** like this. Speaking for myself I stopped posting on social media years ago and after the past decade of watching politics and following events in Hollywood it's only strengthened my resolve to stay off of social media. I dont know where I might be in 10 years or what my career might be. I refuse to risk my future. I refuse to give myself the opportunity to say the wrong thing one day and have it destroy my life and career years from now.

I think with this Disney may have shot themselves in the foot. These were statements he made several years ago and even apologized for at the time, plus this whole thing began with Trump supporters bringing this to the attention of Disney as a hit in retaliation for Disney firing Rosanne.

Now if Disney does not hold all of their talent to the same standard, they will become hypocrites. Some of them have social media skeletons and some of them have done even worse things in real life than make offensive jokes. They know about them, they knew about this beforehand. So if they don't start firing several of their talent, not just in the MCU, to show they are not hypocrites, I am completely done with the brand.

I know they won't miss me, they are a corporate juggernaut, but that does not matter. What matter's is a person's conscience, if other people are fine with hypocrisy or enabling information warfare that's a personal choice for them, whatever helps them sleep at night and get through life. I will sleep better with my choice.

Well i didn't know Pratt didn't have consent. But it's still very different from what Gunn said. Pratt is friends with many of the cast and crew. He was reprimanded. Gunn is getting reprimanded in a way right now

We should follow our constitution more strictly, they didn’t make the first amendment address freedom of speech for no reason

Freedom of speech does not mean you can say whatever you want....it means you can not say bad things about the government without being arrested by the government for doing that. It was put in because at that time the English government would arrest and sometimes execute people who spoke out against the government.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back