Jason Momoa is Aquaman! - Part 6

The Red Road, Frontier, Road to Paloma....

how can you 'rate' his acting based on GoT, he played a brute in that, didn't even speak English :funny:

Actor playing himself argument can be applied to many actors, like RDJ for Tony Stark, Ryan Reynolds in many movies, Ben Affleck in many movies.

The Red Road, Frontier, Road to Paloma....

how can you 'rate' his acting based on GoT, he played a brute in that, didn't even speak English :funny:

That's faire. I'll be honest - I don't have a wide view of his work. I tried to get into Frontier, but I couldn't for some reason. And then Justice League I really didn't like... but I admit that's probably not him at all.

I'm down to be surprised, believe me. He's one of those guys who seems to have this explosive, sharp, unpredictable quality to him. I hope this movie will give him an opportunity to show off whatever range he has.

Actor playing himself argument can be applied to many actors, like RDJ for Tony Stark, Ryan Reynolds in many movies, Ben Affleck in many movies.

Difference is that they actually look like their comic counterparts.

tumblr_n13e35JCT71qjdr19o5_r1_250.gif

they are doing something different. If you don't like it, just don't watch it

Not to rain on anyone's parade but for anyone here who likes Momoa as Aquaman, can anyone tell me why he's great for the character again? The more I look at the trailer and other stuff, the more I see that Jason is just playing himself while everything and everyone around him feels more true to the comics.
Anyone else feel this way?

If this was already discussed, point me in the right direction, I don't come here much.
Difference is that they actually look like their comic counterparts.
Momoa looks like Peter David's Aquaman and a bit like JLU Aquaman (sans the blonde hair)

Aquaman looks like Aquaman (as in JLU animated series version and Peter David's Aquaman comics version, but with darker hair.)

maxresdefault.jpg

Also, since he is a King of under-water Kingdom, him resembling a Sea god Poseidon is a plus.

image.jpg
index.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah come on he doesn’t look that different. It’s not like they got the whale from free Willy to play Arthur

It's not so much the appearance as this whole "rocker" attitude they gave Aquaman in Justice League: the "yeah" scream, and the "i dig it" stuff. It just didn't work for me. It felt like they were making lines to fit Momoa's look, versus making lines for Aurther, who Momoa was playing with a bit of an edge.

It's not so much the appearance as this whole "rocker" attitude they gave Aquaman in Justice League: the "yeah" scream, and the "i dig it" stuff. It just didn't work for me. It felt like they were making lines to fit Momoa's look, versus making lines for Aurther, who Momoa was playing with a bit of an edge.

w8o3S5C.jpg

There might have been a character arc there, but...oh wellz.

Jason Momoa with Kaan Guldur (kid who plays young Arthur in Aquaman movie)

42728550-345795975984621-1301313500775051442-n.jpg

43102594-1421525794646822-4861090027882852023-n.jpg

43032275-2185763814995329-8812594670409383198-n.jpg

Last edited:
I don’t mind him not being blonde. It’s the tattoos I’m not a fan of. But it’s not a make or break for me like Joker’s tattoos were. Those were an abomination.

Never had any problem with the tattoos. They're basically an extension of the tattoo Jason has on his arm in real life.

I'm all in on this- and the trailers sold me, but ironically they made me love the story (from what I can peice together), the ensemble cast-- but did nothing for me loving Aquaman. I guess it's possible to love a movie because u love everything except for the main character...lol Well that's my take from all the trailers I've seen, i'm sure i'll love AM just as much as I'm seeming to love everything else about the movie.

I feel the same. The movie itself looks interesting but I’ve never cared for the Aqua-bro performance.

Jason will be hosting Saturday Night Live on Dec 8.

Tattoos are my favorite part. There’s a deep cultural connection there. Getting them is such a spiritual process. I’m glad they made that a part of the character.

After all the buildup, finally time to see how well the big man did. Either way he certainly delivered on the promotional front. :D

Momoa was fine and has totally put all the decades of Aquaman teasing to bed. I wonder how he would have been received in JL if this film had come out before. For one thing I think there would have been significantly more hype.

He is doing wonders 4 Aquaman, after all the jokes AM had to endure with Adult Swim, The Big Bang Theory, Spongebob & South Park (my personal fave), its kinda fresh to watch Momoa do his thing

He surprised me a bit with his acting skills in this movie. Nothing too phenomenal, but he was very likable and believable. I especially love that part when he
reunited with his mother and persuaded the Karathen

He actually feels more natural in his role than Henry and Ben in their respective roles.

He surprised me a bit with his acting skills in this movie. Nothing too phenomenal, but he was very likable and believable. I especially love that part when he
reunited with his mother and persuaded the Karathen

He actually feels more natural in his role than Henry and Ben in their respective roles.
Yep, those few more serious scenes he had actually impressed me. Same with heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"