Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom General Discussion thread

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
surprised we didn’t have a thread like this already. Anyway

Jason Momoa Says He Can’t Film ’Aquaman 2’ Over His Protest In Hawaii

Momoa’s looking to spark even more fire over the ongoing construction on the dormant volcano, which the protestors feel is akin to a church, and he’s claiming to put Aquaman 2 on the table. The sequel’s production isn’t set to begin until 2020, but nonetheless, Momoa’s latest post urges people to pay attention:

F*** THIS. And TMT is 4x bigger. Sorry Warner Bros we can’t shoot Aquaman 2. Because Jason got run over by a bulldozer trying to stop the desecration of his native land THIS iS NOT HAPPENING. WE ARE NOT LETTING YOU DO THIS ANYMORE. Enough is enough. Go somewhere else. Repost. This is what telescope construction looks like (Subaru Telescope, 1992). The TMT will be four times larger on unscathed land. We must protect our scared mountain from further desecration.

Oh well, I get that there’s more important issues than another Aquaman film. It’s a shame though because I would love to see more.

Still, good opportunity for them to work on the script

None of the articles on this say that AM2 is scrapped nor that Momoa has pulled out.

The movie is not scrapped but Momoa doesn't want to shoot the film due to his protest :o

So Wan is prioritizing other projects, Heard is a mess and is probably going to be recast and Jason is fighting bulldozers on Hawaii.

This is going well.

So Wan is prioritizing other projects, Heard is a mess and is probably going to be recast and Jason is fighting bulldozers on Hawaii.

This is going well.
They still got another 3+ years before release

Yes I have full faith in them that they can be even more of a mess the closer to the actual filming :)

This is going well.

How is Heard a mess? Either way, I very much hope they don’t fire someone currently still recovering from a domestic violence incident. That’s a lot of bad buzz for their movie and although I love Aquaman I’ll be happy to skip it if they do that

Also, Wan's a director. Aquaman isn't his bread and butter any more his other projects. Him doing other projects isn't exactly prioritizing when, as mentioned, they've got three years.

Plus, I hardly doubt the Heard and Depp stuff is going to deter WB from keeping her around. If there was, the bloggers out there on the interwebs would already be speculating or smelling blood in the water.

Well we expected it to shoot 2020, cool that Momoa has creative input...i think we can benefit from him helping shape the character and world in a unique way.

Well we expected it to shoot 2020, cool that Momoa has creative input...i think we can benefit from him helping shape the character and world in a unique way.

yeah it’ll be interesting to see what he does with it. I think he’s already helped turn Aquaman from a joke to a cool character in so many ways

But did Momoa also come in with a big splash, though?

Go to your room :funny:

Black Manta has also been confirmed to return

Black Manta Confirmed To Be Returning For Aquaman 2

While we’re happy for his well-deserved success, Abdul-Mateen II’s extremely busy schedule has had some fans worrying that he won’t be able to reprise his role as Black Manta in Aquaman 2. Thankfully, he put those concerns to bed in a recent interview, where he said the following:

“Aquaman 2 is happening! It is happening, and we can look for that, I believe, in 2022. So I’m excited to be part of that. Black Manta will be back, and hopefully, he’ll be causing a lot more trouble than he did in the first one.”

Black Manta has also been confirmed to return

Black Manta Confirmed To Be Returning For Aquaman 2

Yasssss...i was hoping for more black manta, but you never know nowadays with busy schedules and stuff.
Good to know he will be back.

He was so great in the first movie, awesome that he is returning, I hope the whole cast does

Same, I really do believe black manta has all the ability to be just as iconic as luthor or joker. Can’t wait!

I wonder if Orm too will come back and will he be released from prison or escape from Atlantean prison

I think they said as soon as the first movie was done that Orm will be back. I hope so, we’re only just getting started.

Jason Momoa Teases 'Way Bigger' 'Aquaman' Sequel (Exclusive)

“There’s a lot more in store on so many more levels,” Momoa said. “There’s going to be a lot. It’s way bigger!”

“I’m really stoked at the fan base and what we did with the movie and just went into Warner Bros in D.C. and said, ‘You know, I have some ideas,’” he shared. “And, they love them and James [Wan, director] and everyone is like, ‘We’re all taking it in. We’re excited to do another one.’”

Jason Momoa Teases 'Way Bigger' 'Aquaman' Sequel (Exclusive)

“There’s a lot more in store on so many more levels,” Momoa said. “There’s going to be a lot. It’s way bigger!”

“I’m really stoked at the fan base and what we did with the movie and just went into Warner Bros in D.C. and said, ‘You know, I have some ideas,’” he shared. “And, they love them and James [Wan, director] and everyone is like, ‘We’re all taking it in. We’re excited to do another one.’”

So that is what that video earlier this year was about where he visited Warner...cool.

I hope they do more with Murk this time

I mean even though Arthur is king and won the throne from his brother Orm...I mean do you really just expect Orm to just give up the throne? I mean in the first film we saw the Atlantean royal guards take Orm away but if Orm is in prison much like Loki was after the events of The Avengers and then he was there for Thor: The Dark World, he was let out of prison more or less by Thor. So if Arthur decides to take pity on his brother and lets him out of prison what is to stop Orm from turning on Arthur again and wanting the throne again for himself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"