The Wolverine Jean Grey in The Wolverine

Yeah I think that's the most logical choice it's either her or Stewart

So Hugh confirmed in an interview that a past cast member is back for a cameo.

Many think it's Jean Grey.

So it's a flashback?? or she appears in his dream??

i hope the cameo isnt just a dream of jean trying to seduce logan and he will be all im sorry im sorry i killed you i loved you ect ect and then a dark twist which wakes him up from the nightmare

i can't help but think we seen enough of that stuff

I am betting when Wolverine encounter mystercial balde and gets ass beaten he has hallunciation of Jean.

The films dont have excuse the comics did when they brought her back after dark Phoenix that Jean wasn't really phoenix It was cosmic entry that copyed Jean's appearance,memories,and personality.When they killed Jean second time In new X-men she stayed dead till they brought her from Past In all New X-Men.

If The Wolverine is post X3, I think it's logical to say that her appearance might be DoFP related to make the films connect, especially now Jackman will be in DoFP.

In the Internet Movie database trivia section someone claimed it took 3 days for Famke Janssen to film her role In the wolverine.However since they are keeping the Last Stand
In cannon I remain very skeptical Famke will be In The Wolverine for anything other than dream or hallunication.If they were Ignoring last STand wolverine could return to manson
and find jean returned from her apparent demise at end of X2.It's same thing with DOFP I don't see Famke In It for anything more than Cameo at end If the time travel has changed certain events of films(Like events of last Stand)

People need to be prepared for possibilty Famke's appearance here Is just a dream or hallunication.The connection to DOFP may be at end Wolverine deciding to return to mansion or seeing something on news at end of the WOlverine In connection to Sentinles.

For all we know, the cameo might even be an after credit scene of her rising from her grave Phoenix style with fire raptor hinting at things to come. She doesn't necessarily have to be in the Wolverine movie or have scenes with other actors.

I just think it's an effective way to get people hyped for DoFP by not having her be a hallucination.

Well some would know how I felt about wasting Liem Neeson for a hallunication In DKR Instead of flashback with Talia.

I have my doudts they would resurrect Jean from grave since It has never been done In comics.First they reconned It so phoenix wasn't really Jean and later after killing real Jean they had brought her from past to future.

Every film after X3 had a cameo from the original cast, so this is nothing new. Professor X for Origins: Wolverine, Wolverine for First Class and now for this movie, its Jean Grey. Its probably something that isn't super related to the main plot of the movie but if it might be a connected to DOFP.

Every film after X3 had a cameo from the original cast, so this is nothing new. Professor X for Origins: Wolverine, Wolverine for First Class and now for this movie, its Jean Grey. Its probably something that isn't super related to the main plot of the movie but if it might be a connected to DOFP.

U forget about Rebecca Romijn in FC! Yeah but I hope it's not dream sequence, IMO a post credit scene will be awesome. Whether she warns Logan about the impending doom or just a badass scene with the Phoenix bringing Jean back to life. Something like this from X-Men: Pheonix - EndSong

tumblr_mfirttslmn1rm9znxo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mfirttslmn1rm9znxo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mfirttslmn1rm9znxo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mfirttslmn1rm9znxo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_mfirttslmn1rm9znxo5_1280.jpg

Obviously they can't recreate that word for word or even panel for panel, but I sincerely hope they try do something as spectacular as that. I think that would be thee most awesome post credit scene ever, and a sure way to get fans ecstatic for DOFP.

Last edited:
^your post makes me want to re-read phienix endsong. And that would be the most epic after crerdits scene ever!

^your post makes me want to re-read phienix endsong. And that would be the most epic after crerdits scene ever!

It made me cry! And Greg Land actually made it better! His artwork was amazing in that.
OSIEG00Z.jpg

I suppose the question now is how Jean factors into it, if she is in fact the X-Men who cameos...

Its either, Wolverine is probably mourning Jean or probably Wolverine is having a moment again of possibly losing the girl (Mariko) that he loves and I think thats how Jean factors into it.

It would be cool something like that. Phoenix come back, she can't die, she lives after all, she's not a mutant, she's like a Goddess. And maybe tell to Logan that she needs Scott, that he's still alive.

But I believe that Jean will appears in some sort of "dreams sequence" with Logan think to her great love until Mariko.

I see it happening in similar ways too. I'm guessing Jean appears some time during the middle and will switch personalities, going from caring Jean to taunting Dark Phoenix.

I think it wouldn't make sense, I mean, wolverine has fallen for Jean Grey and Kayla Silverfox...both died, I think it's time for logan to find a woman he can be with, i think Mariko is right for him...

I think it wouldn't make sense, I mean, wolverine has fallen for Jean Grey and Kayla Silverfox...both died, I think it's time for logan to find a woman he can be with, i think Mariko is right for him...

I was about to say the same thing:)

I am betting when Wolverine encounter mystercial balde and gets ass beaten he has hallunciation of Jean.

They did exactly this in a 3 part Larry Hama Wolverine story, where Logan was stabbed through the chest with a samurai sword by a Yakuza guy( I think the sword had mystical properties), and had a 'near death experience', where he encountered JG in the afterlife, before awakening and clawing out of his own grave.
They also used this scenario in the Civil War storyline, where Logan again encountered JG in the afterlife, when he was burnt alive and almost died.

Something tells me that Mariko will die in the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"