The Wolverine Jean Grey in The Wolverine

Everyone is hoping its a return to set up days of future past, but fox isnt marvel studios and don't plan out things like that , so chances are its going to be wolverines nightmares and guilt about killing her, its a wolverine story remember its about him

Even though they have given us post credits before, this time they actually know what they are filming next. DOFP and Wolverine are only a year a part. I dont see why they wouldnt hint at where Logan will be next. But yeah I think remembering Jean through guilt is the most likely scenario for her cameo.

It's post Last Stand.Jean Is dead.Thus using logic It means Famke's cameo has to be dream or hallunication.

Well, it could be a dream, memory or hallucination. Or - more ambitiously and controversially - it could be a set up for the return of Phoenix or even the appearance of Madelyne Pryor.

It makes sense that Logan would need to find some solitude after the events of THE LAST STAND.

I'm curious what this means in terms of seeing characters like Yuriko...and how that will affect continuity.

Yuriko isn't Yukio, they're different characters with similar names ..

Inless Fox Is planing more with original Cast post DOFP I seriously don't they are seting up the return of Phoenix or appearance of Madelyne pryor.It's like Liem Neeson's cameo In
DKR.Many thought It was flashback It turned out to be just a hallunication.

While The wolverine and future scenes of Days of future Past are post Last stand I doudtthey won't to reference the film very much.The wolverine and Days o future past are about new storys not trying to undo flaws In Last Stand.

Okay I just catched up in the News thread, jeez time passes by so fast when you're not on SHH...a million new posts everywhere lol!

Very excited news!

i think many, including myself are hoping somehow to repair the damage made by X3 and bring back cyclops, jean and Prof X as at least 2 of them were not the best well treated in last few films

Okay I just catched up in the News thread, jeez time passes by so fast when you're not on SHH...a million new posts everywhere lol!

Very excited news!
Yeah haha. Im looking forward to seeing another X film in modern times. Been awhile.
i think many, including myself are hoping somehow to repair the damage made by X3 and bring back cyclops, jean and Prof X as at least 2 of them were not the best well treated in last few films

That wont happen till after this film in some timetravel, Alt future stuff. They could only ignore films, but too many have seen X3 and fitting this inbetween X2 and X3 wont fit or retcon it either. Cant fix whats happened to Cyc till DOFP if they plan on doing that.

Last edited:
Well, Professor X would be back in an X4, the body he jumped into in the post-credits scene in The Last Stand is supposed to be his brain dead twin brother.

The only way to retcon Cyclops not being dead without time travel, would be to say he blasted Jean with his optic blasts, and was wandering around Canada with amnesia, etc...

Jean, she's dead.

Jean is never dead, resurrection is part of her character. ;)

My guess, now that we know TW is set after X3, is that Jean is in a sequence that tries to blur reality and dream, to make it ambiguous about here status and to mess with Logan's head.

we know wolverine has dreams that haunt him so they will probably be nightmares about jean, but the bone claws stuff? well i dunno

we know wolverine has dreams that haunt him so they will probably be nightmares about jean, but the bone claws stuff? well i dunno

The bone claws are from a scene of him in WWII where he's in a Japanese prison camp. They keep him prisoner inside a well along with another mutant (yet to be revealed).

The majority of the film takes place in the not too distant future, after X3.

Well the other mutant In WWII sequenze largely comes from report from COmic Book Movie.
If there Is another mutant my bet Is on It being Viper.

Most of film Is set after X-Men trilogy.

James Mangold's comments defently hint at there not being a bunch of other mutants In film.It remains to be seen If the Silver smaurai Is portrayed as a mutant.If there Is another mutant It might only be Viper.Since we know they beefed up Viper from original draft after being dropped from the Aronofsky rewrite.

Well the other mutant In WWII sequenze largely comes from report from COmic Book Movie.
If there Is another mutant my bet Is on It being Viper.

I doubt its Viper. She's not an immortal.

I'm hoping for this guy:

2z4bsbq.jpg

Jean's cameo is more than likely one of these two option:

- Flashback (highly option)
- Final scene/after credits leading to Days of future

my vote goes to the first one.

Her cameo Is most likely

dream of wolverine's
Wolverine has hallunication of her after being Injured seriously.

The Last Stand remains In Cannon confirmed.She Is not going to be resurrrurcted.

I think it could be both the hallucination and towards the end, where we indeed see her in his vision as she was about to be resurrected. That leads to Days of the future past where a mutant got sent back in time to warn Charles !

Logan's heart and emotions will surely be a mess in this film. Yukio, Mariko and maybe adding some dreams of Jean to that.

I wonder if one could pretend X3 never happened and still watch this film in order. If Jean is dead and the X-Men disbanded, it could simply be post-X2.

I'm wondering if Jean possible cameo could be related to Mariko. I watched the main X-movies recently and I thought when Jean asks Wolverine to kill her in X3 it reminded me of how Mariko asks him to end her pain. Perhaps Wolverine has a nightmare about killing Jean in X3 after the same thing happens to Mariko.

A cameo is confirmed by Jackman but is it Jean Grey? Probably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"