Comics Jean (without the Phoenix force) VS. Iceman

How is Iceman an Omega level mutant?
...Oh, nevermind
Iceman has no defense acainst psionics so Jean wins anyway

He controls temperature, which is kinetic energy. Kinetic energy is one of the fundamental properties of the universe. By removing all the kinetic energy within an area, Iceman lowers the temperature. He can theoretically remove all the energy from a region, lowering its temperature to absolute zero and thus making it almost chemically inert.

Since Iceman's range is only limited by his control, he could hypothetically remove all the kinetic energy from the entire Earth or, at advanced levels, an entire star or galaxy. He could sap every bit of kinetic energy from the universe, leading it to a cold, dark demise.

Halcohol said:
He controls temperature, which is kinetic energy. Kinetic energy is one of the fundamental properties of the universe. By removing all the kinetic energy within an area, Iceman lowers the temperature. He can theoretically remove all the energy from a region, lowering its temperature to absolute zero and thus making it almost chemically inert.

Since Iceman's range is only limited by his control, he could hypothetically remove all the kinetic energy from the entire Earth or, at advanced levels, an entire star or galaxy. He could sap every bit of kinetic energy from the universe, leading it to a cold, dark demise.

Yeah... what he said.

Weiser_Cain said:
How is Iceman an Omega level mutant?
...Oh, nevermind
Iceman has no defense acainst psionics so Jean wins anyway

"No defense against psionics"? How do you think he avoided being detected by Jean at one point (X-Men Forever), by dispersing his body and mind all around her and in their environment. And how do you think he prevented Emma from using her mind games on him? (by freezing the blood flow to her brain)... In addition, she very well can't do much to him if he sucks out every water molecule from her body, now can she?... Case closed.

i think jean would win
even without acessing her phoenix powers shes shown molecular control before
she even used her telepathy through cable and used his telekinesis to do molecular tricks so she certainly can do it

she created heat and an explosion when she speed up oxygen molecules so she can counteract his freezing quite easily

and telepathy wise, iceman is not that resistant
he still has a mind or else he wouldnt be able to think

not to mention i read an issue of x-men that had him get knocked out to simple things like a guy with a flamethrower, a punch from gambit, and some space alien transmitting low frequency waves that effected his brain so hes not immune to telepathy

and halalochol thanks for the explaination of bobbys powers but jean is telekinetic
from afar kinetically as a loose definition
potetntially she can do everything iceman can but more

He'd have to think to do use his powers, or is he a force of nature now?

Okay, okay, Jean vs. Iceman in a boxing match. Or dressed up in those ridiculous sumo suits. Yeah. Who would win in a sumo suit wrestling match? Jean or Iceman?

Weiser_Cain said:
He'd have to think to do use his powers, or is he a force of nature now?
Jean has to "think" to use hers as well.

Yeah, but the big debate is that Jean could still read Bobby's thoughts of action. She can definitely prepare for that in like half a second.

Cyclops said:
Okay, okay, Jean vs. Iceman in a boxing match. Or dressed up in those ridiculous sumo suits. Yeah. Who would win in a sumo suit wrestling match? Jean or Iceman?

Still going with Jean. I'm sure she could throw that belly around like nobody's buisness! Bobby wouldn't know what hit him.

Nature's Rising said:
Yeah, but the big debate is that Jean could still read Bobby's thoughts of action. She can definitely prepare for that in like half a second.
Mabe Bobby can use his at that speed too. Wait, his power is psionic isn't it?

Nature's Rising said:

She can't read his thoughts if he's in his intangible state (turned into vapour). She couldn't do it before, but I'm sure if she tried concentrating enough, she could. But by that time, he would have already made some kind of move on her.

Remember, Aurora has light speed, yet he was recently able to take her down by putting her in a cryo-sleep. Even Jean or Emma aren't able to think that fast (at the speed of light)...

What issue is this? And who is Aurora?

I don't see why the Phoenix Force should be taken out of this fight seeing as how it's a part of Jean, without it I think it'd be a toss up, it could go either way.

The force has always been apart of her? Even BEFORE, the space shuttle thing? Sprry, I didn't know that.

S7ilver said:
I don't see why the Phoenix Force should be taken out of this fight seeing as how it's a part of Jean, without it I think it'd be a toss up, it could go either way.

The Phoenix force detected Jean in her time of crisis, and found her to be the ideal host when she was about to die during that fateful shuttle mission back to earth. It was NEVER a part of her before that....ever.

If you're going the route of Jean using the Phoenix force, then Iceman's powers should be amplified more with the help of Loki again.

I think Jean would win. She could sense his thoughts before he even had time to disperse. Shutting down his brain would be easy for her. Plus, if he did vaporize himself, couldn't Jean just put up a force field?

Charlie No-One said:
I think Jean would win. She could sense his thoughts before he even had time to disperse. Shutting down his brain would be easy for her. Plus, if he did vaporize himself, couldn't Jean just put up a force field?

Yeah, plus when he did "un-vaporize" she would pick up his thoughts right away, then she could shut him down.

Which is clearly something she would do to one of her oldest friends. Shut his brain down. :rolleyes:

Honestly, for Jean though? That's only a little out of character.

If we're assuming that they're going to full-on fight in the first place, I don't think removing restraints against killing is all that much of a stretch; it's a bit of an unfair crutch anyway. It's like people who pit the Punisher against Colossus and are like, "Colossus won't kill while Punisher will kill so Punisher wins!" Ah...no.

When has she ever shut down the brain of one of her teammates?

^Um...never. Hopefully she will get a chance to never do it. But if this was a "Bobby has been possessed and he will rule the world if you don't stop him" fight...she might.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"