Comics Jean's true love: Scott or Logan?

^ I think Jean is the only person that understands Logan.
I really love the whole concept of the phoenix force. Come on, I think its a really exciting storyline with themes of lost love, resurrection, and conflict between oneself. Its cool for a X-Woman to have soo much power but yet having a internal struggle. I really think Jean should just stand on her two feet and accept her fate of knowing that she is alone in the universe and her soul purpose is to burn away what doesn't work.

^ unless she's getting away with genocide...

Seriously she isn't the only one who truly understands Logan. All of his women do: Jubilee, Kitty, Storm, Heather Hudson, Rose, Mariko, apprently Itsu, Yuriko...I'm sure the list will get bigger.

Its sad then when Jean died the last time it appreared as if she finally understood that the only thing she needs is her own belief in herself. Jeez it only took her 40+ years to realize it.

That's what I'm saying. No Phoenix, no playing coy for a man whose gonna not appreciate it, no waaah "Help me someone..."

None of that is Jean. I want Jean back from the sixties. Orginial Jean. Let her stand on her own. Lets see what she can do with out the weight of an extra annoying enity. What can Jean do on her own?

^i just think that the "phoenix" force provides a more in depth storyline of jean's love life and well the internal imbalances she faces. Its the reason why I love Jean because she symbolizes human nature soo yea

Don't get me wrong your entitled to your own opinion.

I think the Phoenix takes away more than it gives to Jean. Original Jean would have never commited genocide. Even if that did manage to happen, she wouldn't have let herself get away with it. She would have taken the trials of the Shi'ar and her punishment.

Jean never abused her orginial powers. I miss that one.

DarknessOfDeath said:
naw..I see Logan is Jean's true friend in the comics...
True friend, yes. True love, obviously no. Jean loves Logan as a friend. She also finds Logan attractive and sometimes wishes her true love Scott would be a bit more like Logan. Had Logan met Jean before Scott, things might have gone differently, but he didn't.

The fact that Jean has stayed with Scott all this time clearly tells us who her true love is. Jean is too strong and too honest not to have chosen the man she loves the most. The suggestion that Jean's true love would be anyone but the man she married is an unfounded insult to her character.

Jean is just cursed with the Phoenix which is for her a combination of good and evil inside her.

MilkmanDan said:
True friend, yes. True love, obviously no. Jean loves Logan as a friend. She also finds Logan attractive and sometimes wishes her true love Scott would be a bit more like Logan. Had Logan met Jean before Scott, things might have gone differently, but he didn't.

The fact that Jean has stayed with Scott all this time clearly tells us who her true love is. Jean is too strong and too honest not to have chosen the man she loves the most. The suggestion that Jean's true love would be anyone but the man she married is an unfounded insult to her character.

Well I never felt that Jean would ever love Logan the same way for Scott. Thats just how I see it. I'm a Scott/jean and Jean/Logan shipper, so yeah, I understand both relationships. I've always felt this way...hell I voted for Scott.

I have to say neither due to events that have gone down over the years. However that's due to the fact there was never an ending planned for this characters or plans to really build up new characters. With this kind of openendness things have to be done to keep things interesting. Which result with her making out with Logan, Scott cheating or her or abandoning his wife and new born son, etc...

If there was a finite limit on the character life spans then I'd say yes for Jean her true love would be Scott. However the situation itself doesn't make that possible due to the passage of time and the need to make things interesting. There are always going to be character actions writen that make this untrue on both sides.

Goddessreicho said:
I think the Phoenix takes away more than it gives to Jean. Original Jean would have never commited genocide. Even if that did manage to happen, she wouldn't have let herself get away with it. She would have taken the trials of the Shi'ar and her punishment.

Jean never abused her orginial powers. I miss that one.

Ummmm, didn't Jean/Phoenix kill herself (in atonement for D'Bari) because she knew the Imperial Guard wouldn't be able to stop her?

Also, 60's Jean was frequently mooning over Scott. She never struck me as much of a stand-on-her-own type.

Having said that, I would like to see Jean being an independent woman for a change. (But I still believe that Scott's her true love :yay: .)

screw Scott and Logan. I want to see some Jean and Warren! Those 2 always had some good chemistry and I loved them in the early days of X-Factor

Cyclops as the pole shows...the truth

27 people say Jeans True love is Wolverine.....they watch the movies way too much

I truly wish Jean and Logan would be my answer, but anyone that has read X-Men knows that Cyclops and Jean are the true couple. Scott kinda screwed that up, royally, and Logan knows it. But the bottom line is that Jean and Scott are good for each other, they have (or had) the love needed for a relationship. Jean and Logan = spark; Jean and Scott = flame.

^ i agree
Scott was just a jerk and was not loyal to jean after her death
at least well wolverine in a sense knows that he could stay loyal
but i still picked wolverine

Havok83 said:
screw Scott and Logan. I want to see some Jean and Warren! Those 2 always had some good chemistry and I loved them in the early days of X-Factor

I :heart: you. :O

Havok83 said:
That is my favourite option as well.

Logan would have worked in the movies. Comicverse though, Scott is probably the only option we'll ever see happening, although there are other options.

As a cosmic force of nature itself (despite how cringingly terrible that sounds - god damn Phoenix ****), it is well past time for Jean to let go of human emotions and fade into the background as a cosmic wanderer. She has no place on earth anymore and definitely no place in human society.

So, my answer is none. Jean has evolved beyond things like true love and the X-Men's earthly concerns.

Manic said:
This isn't even up for debate. It's Scott. Logan was just the poolboy she wanted to F in the garden.

lol, yea she basically says it herself. Jean is in lust with Logan, but shes in love with Scott. Actually I think she prefered Scott mainly becouse of security. He was the nice guy that would always be there for her and Logan was the bad boy sex toy that just wasnt the type to be bound by the rules of marraige.

From everything I've read Logan wants to settle down and marry, and would be just fine with sticking to that. Things just seem to keep getting in the way, like his women getting murdered.

Kyalesyin said:
From everything I've read Logan wants to settle down and marry, and would be just fine with sticking to that. Things just seem to keep getting in the way, like his women getting murdered.

Yea he would, but Jean wants a guy who doesnt disapear for weeks at a time which Logan's been doing since he joined the X-Men.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"