Days of Future Past Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 2

ZUsMZjx.gif

It's interesting to see just how much the jumpsuit and scales were changed in post.

Oh wow, that is crazy. She honestly looked her best in the finale.

With every viewing I come to love Jennifer's performance that much more. It's a really good portrayal that fits in line with Rebecca's earlier performances.

And am I the only one that finds Mystique incredibly attractive?

Like when she said "what's the matter baby, you don't think I look pretty like this?" Every time I hear her say that my answer is "yes, yes I totally do." :D

I liked Jennifer Lawrence's character in First Class/Days of Future Past though it just doesn't feel very Mystique to me. I think her character would fit more to Rogue than Mystique.

Now that you mentioned it she would have been a awesome Rogue.

yup. Rogue is multidimensional. She can be a sweetheart/flirty and sometimes she can have a more complex darker side. Mystique isnt a sweetheart.

In new Mystique video celebrating 15 years of the franchise, they used this image, I do not remember seeing it before, but It bothered me to see the image without any treatment, so I decided to try to do what they did in the movie, but using photoshop. I hope you enjoy.

dzcmxv.jpg

I wish there was more of a vocal uproar about Mystique's makeup from DOFP otherwise Singer et al might've thought the makeup worked.

I agree with Psylockolussus, JL granted commercial success but her character is weak. She reveals too much in her acting and it just doesn't feel like Mystique to me at all (this is personal).
Physically JL doesn't seem so strong either. She rushes, which makes her character lose the coolness that RR illustrated in the OT. For example, in Trask's office, when she went up the stairs, she was jumping the stairs. If you recap how RR entered Stryker's office in X2, it's way better, more like "I'm the master of the situation" rather than "I'm sneaking in to steal something".
RR's walk tells a story, I don't have to add anything.
RR's makeup was flawless, she looked real whereas JL looked as if she had jumped into a pool of paint or something. And the transformation effect of Mystique in the OT was way better, you don't see a gap between the blue scales and the body like in DOFP or FC. It's so fake. I do hope that JL's out after Apocalypse

Yea. Rebecca's presence and physical performance as Mystique is just naturally more magnetic than Lawrence's effort.

I read the official synopsis and I cringed when I saw the word "Raven" instead of "Mystique"... then leading the X-Men, yikes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"