Days of Future Past Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with the body suit is they downgraded the look of the scales a little bit.

They also altered her face; DOFP Mystique has eyebrows and fewer scales on her forehead and cheeks. I get this feeling it's because they want Jennifer Lawrence to be more recognizable, because I can't think of any other explanation.

They also altered her face; DOFP Mystique has eyebrows and fewer scales on her forehead and cheeks. I get this feeling it's because they want Jennifer Lawrence to be more recognizable, because I can't think of any other explanation.

Yeah that's probably the case

Id like her to get rid of the slick back hair as well, just change it up a little bit, but dont think that it will happen.

I wonder why they never gave her a different hairstyle. Is it because she uses her mutant ability all the time? Is it because her hair grows slowly.

I would like to see her with longer hair.

I think it would be good to finally have Mystique wearing clothes and change that slick back hair style, for her to be a metamorph they sure aren't creative with her looks.

Considering she's naked in the future movies, I don't get why she would all of a sudden wear clothes when she's already made the decision to go without them. Mutant and Proud, if you will (*barf* :))

Lol she doesn't have to wear them all the time. Considering there making her more into an assassin in the future, it would make sense for her use powers to create clothing that holds her weapons. I haven't seen her display the ability to make weapons yet, I'm curious as to if that will be explored more. It's just a thought, I would settle for a hair change or them giving her clothes though.

She's never had a reason to carry around a gun. In the original trilogy, her wire-fu abilities made sure she didn't need to. I suspect in DOFP, from the set pics that we've seen of her with a gun, she'll probably just take someone's weapon, through good ole' fashioned ass kicking:

"She's good."
"You have no idea."

And Bryan would find a way for her to quickly get rid of it.

Besides the times, in FC particular, that she's worn clothes in her blue-scaled form (in the CIA meeting with Old Stryker where she wears that black trench coat jacket and during the final battle on the beach where she's wearing her blue and yellow uniform) it didn't make sense that those two wardrobes would *also* morph. When she transformed into Old Stryker, "Stryker" should also have on the women's black leather trench coat and when she transformed into Shaw, "Shaw" should also have on Mystique's cleavaged-blue and yellow X-men costume. Such lazy and inconsistent writing/directing.

Last edited:
I wonder why they never gave her a different hairstyle. Is it because she uses her mutant ability all the time? Is it because her hair grows slowly.

I've seen behind the scenes footage of Rebecca Romijn from XTLS online, where the hair stylist didn't slick the red wig back yet. It was cut in a bob it actually looked good on her, it would be nice to see them change her hair.

She's never had a reason to carry around a gun. In the original trilogy, her wire-fu abilities made sure she didn't need to. I suspect in DOFP, from the set pics that we've seen of her with a gun, she'll probably just take someone's weapon, through good ole' fashioned ass kicking:

"She's good."
"You have no idea."

Besides the times, in FC particular, that she's worn clothes in her blue-scaled form (in the CIA meeting with Old Stryker where she wears that black trench coat jacket and during the final battle on the beach where she's wearing her blue and yellow uniform) it didn't make sense that those two wardrobes would *also* morph. When she transformed into Old Stryker, "Stryker" should also have on the women's black leather trench coat and when she transformed into Shaw, "Shaw" should also have on Mystique's cleavaged-blue and yellow X-men costume. Such lazy and inconsistent writing/directing.

Yeah, I remember reading in the comics that she was always naked and made clothes using her powers, even accessories like glasses. While, re-watching XFC I was wondering about those two scenes too. I'm not sure if they don't think about things like that or they don't both to polish the writing up.

Yeah, I remember reading in the comics that she was always naked and made clothes using her powers, even accessories like glasses.

Not sure if serious. :oldrazz:

While, re-watching XFC I was wondering about those two scenes too. I'm not sure if they don't think about things like that or they don't both to polish the writing up.

Maybe they didn't think fanboys would notice? They underestimate us my brothers. :cmad::o:csad:

I prefer her movie counterpart tbh, didn't Clermont explaine she used telepathy or something in the comics so it would look like she was wearing different clothes, even tho she was still wearing that fugly white dress?

Yeah, I remember reading in the comics that she was always naked and made clothes using her powers, even accessories like glasses. While, re-watching XFC I was wondering about those two scenes too. I'm not sure if they don't think about things like that or they don't both to polish the writing up.

what would be the problem with the idea that maybe she wasn't wearing one? but morphed into one for the sake of the mission, raven wouldn't be much use if she couldn't morph into others

there is a shot where magneto throws beast,havok and banshee back across the beach with his powers, obviously they have metal on their clothing, but raven isn't effected by it, its possible he didn't see her a threat and chose not too but unless it was spelt out you don't really know if she was wearing one

I feel like in that scene he chose not to throw her. Weren't the uniforms they were on the plane only so the G-force wouldn't affect them?

"She's good."
"You have no idea."

I think they're all fake clothes, all the time.

Not sure if serious. :oldrazz:

Maybe they didn't think fanboys would notice? They underestimate us my brothers. :cmad::o:csad:

Lol it would be nice for her to mention it in the movies, since she's a nudist and all

No, she was wearing clothes it was just lazy writing.

Magneto was building up the movie to getting her to go on his side, whatever that might've been earlier on in the movie. IMO, it was a conscious decision for him to push everyone else back in the beach scene, save for Mystique.

Magneto was building up the movie to getting her to go on his side, whatever that might've been earlier on in the movie. IMO, it was a conscious decision for him to push everyone else back in the beach scene, save for Mystique.

I agree completely.

Even though he then asked them all to join him after charles was shot? so really he didn't just have his eye on her, in the end he wasn't grooming her through out the film, there were scenes where he said some stuff to her to stop hiding but there was no sense of he was secretly grooming her so when it came to it she would be all over him and he could take her away because he wouldn't really know if she would walk away from charles for him

i think its just because we know she went with him in FC and the way mystique was always with magneto in the OT thats its easy to forget that

Last edited:
Even though he then asked them all to join him after charles was shot? so really he didn't just have his eye on her, in the end he wasn't grooming her through out the film, there were scenes where he said some stuff to her to stop hiding but there was no sense of he was secretly grooming her so when it came to it she would be all over him and he could take her away because he wouldn't really know if she would walk away from charles for him

i think its just because we know she went with him in FC and the way mystique was always with magneto in the OT thats its easy to forget that
IAWTC. I lean against thinking he was "grooming" her or had some sort of dishonest motives in his interactions with her. Yes, he had a certain viewpoint and he wanted to convince her (or anyone he could) of it, but I don't think his endgame was to lure her to his side when he broke with Charles (something he didn't even want to do). It just happened.

I do agree that him not throwing her back at the beach with the others was significant. And I do think he may have been partly calculating to win her to his side at that point, but I also think he didn't throw her back simply because he was confident she wouldn't attack him based on their previous interactions. He knew she was already sympathetic towards him.

But I can see how this is all open to interpretation. And I'll be curious to see how DoFP explains Raven as seeming to be the one who's more "hardcore" in the human vs mutant fight, since I never got the sense that side of things appealed to her. I think she went with Erik in FC more because she liked his "mutant and proud" angle that made her feel valued for who she was than because she agreed with his political and strategic goals.

Im not sure why is it she keeps the same hairstyle. Not to say that i dont like it but it would be cool just to see a different hairstyle just curious is all.

Obviously to keep her hair from getting to her face when she's doing her crazy acrobats, that's why it's slicked back.

Thats a good reasoning, though you can have hair and do stunts as well. I like the slicked back look though and the whole direction they took Mystique with being nude and having the reptilian features I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"