Days of Future Past Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 2

Her bones shrink? Id assume her insides can change just as the outside does.
She's a shape shifter. Why wouldn't everything shape shift? Lol.
Totally agree Matt. People are just nitpicking. Like there is a way that science can really explain anything realistically is absurd.

Well, if science ever finds away to make this power possible, I want it!!!!!! Now!!

I have to say she's growing on me right now. I just watched The Hunger Games again and her thriller movie, House at the End of the Street. And that I thought she was amazing!!!

I can't wait for Mock1ngjay!!!

I liked Mystique's arc in that she was basically getting deeper and deeper, and then had to make the decision to turn back, though I would have liked to have seen her going from schoolgirl to spy a bit more, but I understand why we didn't see that in DOFP, and the impact of that was certainly felt even if we didn't see it. There was sort of a "Mystique assembles her Brotherhood" thing going on. I would imagine that's why she "rescued" Wolverine at the end of the movie.

I started a thread in another forum but didn't get any response so I thought I'd post here too.

Just accept it. There is no explanation why in First class they decided to make her abilities work that way.

The same thing with Emma Frost powers.

Mystique become a statue in X1

If you really think about it hard enough in these movies you could find holes everywhere, plenty alone in DOFP, heck you could be here for hours talking about quicksilvers powers

Last edited:
Sometimes when you think too much into the little things, it really spoils the experience. Best to just accept things like that.

There's no harm in asking questions about things, or even saying some things are hard to accept, that's what forums like this thrive on. It's not necessarily nitpicking to talk about something, dislike it or disbelieve it.

There's no harm in asking questions about things, or even saying some things are hard to accept, that's what forums like this thrive on. It's not necessarily nitpicking to talk about something, dislike it or disbelieve it.

No harm but this question has been discussed many times before. Never ending story :yay:

What was inconsistent about Quicksilver's powers?

The physics of it alone are questionable, when he stands still and somehow is still moving very quickly almost as if time freezes rather then him actually moving fast

It looks good and that's likely why its there

Last edited:
The entire X-Men universe breaks the laws of physics. That's not what we are talking about here. That's called suspension of disbelief.

But if they set rules about their world then they have to stick with them. Mystique's powers were firmly established in 3 films and then completely changed in the next one.

First Class changed origin in general and Mystique's powers are not the major one

There's a big difference between changing story continuity and changing the nature of someone's powers.

First Class didn't tell us that Charles can now control computers with his telepathy all of a sudden.

Anyway you will not find explanation here. Only speculations

Mystique is naked in First Class when she changes form and her clothes change. She is likely naked at the CIA meeting because she or Charles might have felt it might be necessary to change completely to demonstrate her powers.

As shown in X1, Mystique can create certain objects when she changes, like Wolverine's claws. Hence, when she changes into the flight suit, it is likely it has a similar effect to actually wearing the flight suit.

The only time she is wearing clothes is when she changes form and her clothes don't change, like when she is weight lifting and Magneto points out that she shouldn't have to focus on keeping herself in human form all the time.

Last edited:
You don't say!

That still doesn't explain the ID badge though. As if to rub it in that shot even appears in DOFP.

She can only create the appearance of an object. It doesn't have the same function as the real thing. That's why her claws got chopped off.

For the ID: Simple, they gave it to her and she created her own and threw the real one away.

And in X1, she uses her Wolverine claws to cut through a chain. No, they aren't as strong as adamantium, but they have metal properties.

She is also seen putting a cell phone away in her jacket pocket when she is impersonating Senator Kelly's aid in the helicopter where they kidnap him and pretty much immediately changes after doing so.

Last edited:
10453824_631119310328792_144190286_n.jpg

I hate when artist add the scales with the comic's white dress and skull. They make no sense together.

I'm kind of surprised they bother with makeup/practical effects at all. You'd think the go-to solution would be motion capture.

Because motion capture here would be completely unnecessary. Why waste money when Mystique is a humanoid female with blue skin & orange hair? That doesn't really scream "motion capture" to me. Someone like the Hulk or Thanos, yeah, I get it.

But characters like Mystique? Using mo-cap would be lazy, lame, & imho, a cop-out.

For the ID: Simple, they gave it to her and she created her own and threw the real one away.

And in X1, she uses her Wolverine claws to cut through a chain. No, they aren't as strong as adamantium, but they have metal properties.

Wait a sec. I do not recall Her using the claws to cut through a chain. In fact I know she didn't do that.

^No Hamill is right Nokia.

Here's the battle in full.
[YT]bIM0m_rZxQ8[/YT]

Her body did make some metal like devices they were just not as powerful as adamantium obviously. The fact that she turned into a statue-like humaniod should show she can make herself have a shell of inanimate object around her at least. Lets not forget she can constrict her body to become people who are taller than her and expand it to make herself taller as well.

I never realised how close the FC make-up was to the original. It's really the colouring that ruined it.

That being said however, I still much prefer the DOFP look, and not just because of the colour. Though it's a departure from the OT design, it needed reshaping for Lawrence's face and figure. She looked much better in DOFP, much more like Mystique, even though technically less accurate to what came before.

Could do with more work in the future. I agree it was a little cheap looking. I thought the Beast make-up was a bit crappy too. The thing that bugged me most was Lawrence's exposed, coloured-in eye-brows. They were kind of green all the time lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"