Apocalypse Oscar Isaac IS Apocalypse - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks fine, he's just not aa built as he is in the books.

Fantastic Four deserved every bit of crap that it got from 95% of people but connecting Apocalypse to that film is odd. I don't see what's similar about the projects besides a couple of obvious connections because they are at the same studio.

Certainly Bryan Singer is nothing like Josh Trank. He's a real director and Singer's past X-films have been well regarded by most in the past. Apocalypse looks fine, much, much, much better than Crash Test Doomy.

I think most of the costuming in Singer's X-Men films is ugly as sin, hate the obsession with black costumes, but Apocalypse actually looks decent.

Spot on ISS

ironman29758's post really says it all.

I'd also like to point out that if they had made Apocolypse as bulky as he sometimes is, it would have to be CGI, and we would have the same amount of people ranting about how awful CGI villains are.

Spot on ISS

I don't often agree with ISS but very right here.

Biggest problem on FF was Josh Trank.Granted Simon Kinberg deserves some blame as writer who co-wrote shooting draft and wrote the script for reshoots after Fox panacked and had changes made.Bryan Singer is not trank.He has proved even wiith kinberg writing:cwink: he can make good film.

FF has little to do with Apocalypse.I know some will use FF to bash fox's x-men
films.I just ignore them.There is very little in name only with apocalypse.

I really don't understand wanting to have live action films be just like
animated shows.especilly since i find more depth in comics than animated shows.

Costumes don't matter to me in making my decsions on any comic book films.

You can "not fall in line" all you want....because that means that you will not "share the same opinion" as he does...and not sharing others opinions is what discussion is all about....but calling them names for not sharing your opinion is not allowed....and them having a different opinion than you does not make them a member of a cult.

For the record this was the point I was making, not that those that disagree are all "cult members", I apologize if that's what came across....

Fantastic Four deserved every bit of crap that it got from 95% of people but connecting Apocalypse to that film is odd. I don't see what's similar about the projects besides a couple of obvious connections because they are at the same studio.

Well if nothing else I'm sure Simon Kinberg approves this sentiment.

Do you honestly think that Kinberg has any true power over the X-Men's direction? Singer is the ships captain and he wasn't even the only writer in this one. His stupid ideas get vetoed quickly by Singer & co.
For the record this was the point I was making, not that those that disagree are all "cult members", I apologize if that's what came across....
It kind of did so thanks for that.

I hate it when people are just irrationally and indiscriminately hating on this stuff, because it lumps people with legitimate critiques into the crazy crowd.

I still hate Apoc's design
the color correction has improved it from the initial terrible picture, but it's still not great
I CAN, however, acknowledge that it has many homages to his comic designs, he does not look like Ivan Ooze, and I'd hardly add the INO tag onto him

but instead I feel like a troll, for being associated with the 'Player Haters Ball' up in here

I hate it when people are just irrationally and indiscriminately hating on this stuff, because it lumps people with legitimate critiques into the crazy crowd.

the color correction has improved it from the initial terrible picture, but it's still not great
I CAN, however, acknowledge that it has many homages to his comic designs, he does not look like Ivan Ooze, and I'd hardly add the INO tag onto him

but instead I feel like a troll, for being associated with the 'Player Haters Ball' up in here

These sound like legitimate criticisms, I disagree with some of them but I wouldn't call it trolling at all.

Singer takes care of him. He already did that with DOFP.

Exactly. The writers of X2 are also involved.

X-Men: Days of Future Past

Rotten Tomatoes score: 91%
Box Office Total: 747.9mil WW

Fantastic Four (2015)

Rotten Tomatoes score: 9%

Box Office Total: 168mil WW

I'm not even in love with the X-Men films but you need to stop pretending that their creative teams are interchangeable.

Last edited:
X-Men: Days of Future Past

Rotten Tomatoes score: 91%
Box Office Total: 747.9mil WW

Fantastic Four (2015)

Rotten Tomatoes score: 9%

Box Office Total: 168mil WW

I'm not even in love with the X-Men films but you need to stop pretending that there creative teams are interchangeable.

How DARE you speak sense in here Spidey! :cwink:

Where do you come up with these come-backs ???

:up:

In the trailer, suit looks good. It's the mask I don't like.

Both look great in the pic that looked like a concept art that was released.

In the trailer, suit looks good. It's the mask I don't like.

Both look great in the pic that looked like a concept art that was released.

Russos said it needs some CGI enhancements. Who knows if they'll use it for Apoc too.

I feel like some of the face is slightly enchanced as opposed to the EW cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"