The Avengers Jeremy Renner is Hawkeye! - Part 1

From this month's Empire magazine (with the IM2 cover), it says it would be for a cameo in Thor and a full blown role in The Avengers.

"Hawkeye could be interesting", he says. "they're going to send me some stuff on it, see what it is. But I think they're pretty awesome, trying to make superhero movies almost plausible and not just some fantasy thing"

I'd give my left nut for a hawkeye movie (including swordmaster and the rest of the gang), sadly I don't see it happen anytime soon. Somehow MS doesn't seem to believe in the character enough (which is a shame IMO)

If Bourne Legacy becomes a hit and Renner joins the rank of A-list actors in Hollywood, Marvel Studios might want to cash in on his box office prowess by greenlighting a Hawkeye movie in the future. You never know.

From this month's Empire magazine (with the IM2 cover), it says it would be for a cameo in Thor and a full blown role in The Avengers.

That's from two years ago, right? Hopefully Marvel is still interested in doing a Hawkeye movie with Renner. He's coming off MI:4 and about to take over the lead in the Bourne franchise, so he's a hot property right now.

Hawkeye solo would be cool, or they could create a new concept of Hawkeye leading a team of the "special ops-type" heroes: I'm thinking Mockingbird, Triathalon, Silverclaw, pre-Kree Carol Danvers, etc.; heroes that are either highly trained humans or only modestly-powered metahumans. It could be West Coast Avengers/Forceworks in everything but name.

I think they should just have A Hawkeye/Black Widow movie all in one.

I love Renner, but with Marvel low-balling their stars, I think we'll be lucky to see him as Clint Barton again. I'd be delighted to be wrong.

Perhaps but I like the idea of a Hawkeye film with Trickshot and Swordsman. Renner's star is hot right now and with Bourne it's only going to escalate if the film's a hit. Plus I'd love to see Clint interacting with Mockingbird in live action and Renner sounded pretty interested in a solo movie.

Never know...

Renner might do it, as his designated "paycheck" role between his more serious movies.

I think they could have a Hawkeye movie. Marvel film franchises don't have to be based on characters who headlined their own comic book series. What works in comics isn't necessarily what works in films or appeals to the general audience (eg Hulk).

If it were based on the Hawkeye mini series where he meets Mockingbird, that would be cool. The only thing is that she's also supposed to be a SHIELD agent whereas in the comics he wasn't. Are they just going to have it that two agents are fraternising with each other?

Mockingbird could be cool too. I remember hearing plans that Marvel wanted to make a TV series based on her. I don't know who could play her, but Yvonne Strahovski wouldn't be bad (but then she'd work for most of the Marvel blonde females - eg Ms Marvel). Mockingbird is more similar to what she's done before in Chuck though.

The movie basically writes itself.
Young Clint and Barney flee from the orphanage to join the Carnival (or a more 21st century equivalent like TV show on History channel), where the criminals Swordsman and Trickshot train those two naive young boys to become masters of archery. After years of training, Clint learnes he was only trained for the reason to commit heists, so he decides to turn his teachers to the autority. By doing so, he ruins the plans of SHIELD who were observing Swordsman and Trickshot for a long time. Swordsman, Trickshot and his brother Barney can flee. Clint joins SHIELD to help find them, mainly because of Natasha Romanov. At the end of the movie, after a huge 4 way battle, Clint gets promoted to official field agent status

Last edited:
I found it interesting that the producers of the new CW upcoming series "Arrow" mentioned Bourne as one of their inspiration for the adaptation of Green Arrow, while Marvel is using the star of Bourne part 4 as Clint/Hawkeye. I believe that a Hawkeye movie could work, but because Hawkeye doesn't have the best origin story around nor does he have a great rogue gallery to play with, Marvel will have to give this project to a very competent director and writer to figure out how to make the movie more than just a man with bow-and-arrow.

The movie basically writes itself.
Young Clint and Barney flee from the orphanage to join the Carnival (or a more 21st century equivalent like TV show on History channel), where the criminals Swordsman and Trickshot train those two naive young boys to become masters of archery. After years of training, Clint learnes he was only trained for the reason to commit heists, so he decides to turn his teachers to the autority. By doing so, he ruins the plans of SHIELD who were observing Swordsman and Trickshot for a long time. Swordsman, Trickshot and his brother Barney can flee. Clint joins SHIELD to help find them, mainly because of Natasha Romanov. At the end of the movie, after a huge 4 way battle, Clint gets promoted to official field agent status
Something like that sounds about right.

Something I think could be cool is if they told Hawkeye and Black Widow's origin story together in one intertwining movie that cuts between both stories LOTR style, where they'd go from Aragorn and crew's journey to Frodo's journey seamlessly.

I found it interesting that the producers of the new CW upcoming series "Arrow" mentioned Bourne as one of their inspiration for the adaptation of Green Arrow, while Marvel is using the star of Bourne part 4 as Clint/Hawkeye. I believe that a Hawkeye movie could work, but because Hawkeye doesn't have the best origin story around nor does he have a great rogue gallery to play with, Marvel will have to give this project to a very competent director and writer to figure out how to make the movie more than just a man with bow-and-arrow.

Give him Taskmaster as a villain. A hooded archer with maybe a skull belt buckle or even one of those ski masks with a skull on it. Pretty much make it an Agent of SHIELD movie.

Action, Grim Reaper would work as well. SHIELD vs Hydra like on Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

I think he's pretty much up for grabs. Once one company uses him that's it for the other, though.

And he would be pretty believable as a mutant instead of a guy who just has this ability...I'm terrified of what Fox would do to him, though.

If Bourne Legacy becomes a hit and Renner joins the rank of A-list actors in Hollywood, Marvel Studios might want to cash in on his box office prowess by greenlighting a Hawkeye movie in the future. You never know.
Don't get me hyped for something that's not announced! :woot:

Give him Taskmaster as a villain. A hooded archer with maybe a skull belt buckle or even one of those ski masks with a skull on it. Pretty much make it an Agent of SHIELD movie.
This would work pretty well:
300129-111232-taskmaster_super.jpg

I think he's pretty much up for grabs. Once one company uses him that's it for the other, though.

And he would be pretty believable as a mutant instead of a guy who just has this ability...I'm terrified of what Fox would do to him, though.

Fox is starting to get good again. Plus, he could always be in the Deadpool sequel.

Renner's stock has skyrocketed as of late. If they decide to do a Hawkeye origin flick, he'll be the one they want.

This would work pretty well:
300129-111232-taskmaster_super.jpg

Fox is starting to get good again. Plus, he could always be in the Deadpool sequel.

Fox did good with First Class. I'll give them that (continuity issues aside). They're just as capable of screwing up as they are at succeeding. I'm pretty sure Taskmaster would show up in a Deadpool movie but I'm wondering if both characters will be intact or would there be more radical changes (Taskmaster being able to copy other people's powers, for example, would be a radical change). The kind of change I'm worried about is making Taskmaster learn abilities by touching people and then he turns out to be Rogue's father. That's the kind of Fox crap that scares me. I'd feel a lot better seeing him in the Avengers series somewhere since he's primarily an Avengers villain but I really want to see him with Deadpool too. The potential for failure just worries me a little bit.

Also, I absolutely love that costume and that mini-series and would weep with joy if that was the costume we got.

I love Renner, but with Marvel low-balling their stars, I think we'll be lucky to see him as Clint Barton again. I'd be delighted to be wrong.
With Disney now behind them and Avengers about to literally explode at the BO I think they'll open their checkbooks a bit

With Disney now behind them and Avengers about to literally explode at the BO I think they'll open their checkbooks a bit

Chewy, this raises quite an interesting question that I’ve wondered about for a while - Do Disney leave Marvel Studio's to run their business as they see fit? Or will they intervene when it comes to talent negotiations?

Marvel are well known to low-ball talent. Renner’s hot property and Marvel are lucky to have him – But Universal & Paramount won’t hold back on getting him back for Mission & Bourne respectively. Disney certainly don’t hold back on their other big franchises like Depp etc.

Think we’ll find out soon enough. It'll be interesting to see what happens post-Iron Man 3 with Downey's contract.

Chewy, this raises quite an interesting question that I’ve wondered about for a while - Do Disney leave Marvel Studio's to run their business as they see fit? Or will they intervene when it comes to talent negotiations?

Marvel are well known to low-ball talent. Renner’s hot property and Marvel are lucky to have him – But Universal & Paramount won’t hold back on getting him back for Mission & Bourne respectively. Disney certainly don’t hold back on their other big franchises like Depp etc.

Think we’ll find out soon enough. It'll be interesting to see what happens post-Iron Man 3 with Downey's contract.

Well, if Marvel really does want to make a Hawkeye movie, it probably won't be until 2014 or afterward, since they pretty much have the schedule for the next few years regarding Marvel Studios movies locked up. And so far, they haven't indicated that they're really intending to make one for Hawkeye, and aside from the sequels of the Big Three the ones I've heard circulating in the rumor mills the most are Ant-Man and even Dr. Strange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"