Jeremy Renner is Hawkeye! - Part 1

Discussion in 'Marvel's The Avengers' started by Thread Manager, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Disney Man

Disney Man Well-Known Member

WB is cashing in on the Hawkeye future hit with their own Arrow TV pilot.

2. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

I think that's the wrong question. In my mind the question would be, what happens to an independent studio when a budget gets out of control and then a movie underperforms slightly, vs when the same happens under a huge blanket company like Disney.

I think the fear of a total studio collapse is basically gone under the Disney banner, especially if Avengers gets close to/surpasses a billion $.

3. SuperSAINT

SuperSAINT Where's Chewy gone?

That's the glass is half full way of looking at it -- I'm a glass half empty kind of a guy :)

Ultimately, it never hurts to have a billion dollar corporation behind you.

4. Disney Man

Disney Man Well-Known Member

Mars Needs Mom cost $150 million to make but only made in $39 million, but that didnt faze Disney.

Having a company like Disney is a huge blanket speaketh the Disney Man :woot:. If that happened to a smaller newer studio like Marvel it wouldve been disaster!

5. Pink Ranger

Pink Ranger Happy Mothers' Day

That ... movie ... cost $150 million to make? :wow:

6. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

Has anybody mentioned how amazing he looked in the Super Bowl trailer?

7. Raiden

Raiden Wakanda Forever

Yeah, MNM was the biggest bomb of the year. I'm sure some heads were rolled in the aftermath of that fiasco.

8. IronGirl299

IronGirl299 Don't let it control you

Should be good to see him in more movies. When he tells Tom Cruise 'we all have our secrets' in MI: GP, I was all like 'YOU'RE WORKING FOR SHIELD!!'

9. warhorse78

warhorse78 Well-Known Member

I noticed people think Marvel is snubbing their noses at the stars of their movies. I don't believe that is the case (Robert Downy Jr is without a doubt, their biggest star, and I don't see them letting him go anytime soon) now, there seems to be a beef with Norton and Howard, but I also read that they are difficult to work with. Jeremy Renner has been known, up and down all aspects of the acting world, to be a really great guy to work with, so I highly doubt Marvel is going to let him go for some petty reasons. If you're a team player, you stay, you start turning into an insufferable, greedy know it all, you get the boot, no matter who you are.

10. Spider-Vader

Spider-Vader Mercin' & Workin'

Depends on by what you consider amazing. I thought he looked incredibly badass. But if you mean Renner's looks, then no (I don't live that lifestyle :oldrazz:).

11. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

It's funny reading through Youtube comments from people who obviously have only watched the movies, mentioning how Hawkeye looks like the strong, silent type. Bet they're in for a surprise :yay:

12. lixdexia

lixdexia Well-Known Member

hahaha, oh misinformed people...

here's hoping smartass hawkeye is the breakout character of the movie and they don't let ironman get all the good lines.

13. marcvader

marcvader Lurker #1

They need to give him a line in the next trailer.

14. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

I just hope he's really *****ey to the Big Three, at least early on

That can't be too much to ask

15. DOOZlovesBOOZ

DOOZlovesBOOZ Well-Known Member

Yea snarky hawkeye is a must

16. Raiden

Raiden Wakanda Forever

I read Whedon said that the Avengers had to learn to work together despite their initial doubts about each other, and I hope both Hawkeye and BW will do it as well. It's only natural since they've been in SHIELD for a long time, and now they have to accept a few rag-tag members to the team who aren't really committed. I don't want them to just be obedience soldiers following orders; I want them to have have a personality and push back aggressively.

17. Spider-Vader

Spider-Vader Mercin' & Workin'

*shudders at the thought of Hawkeye being silent*

I have a thing for wisecracking characters & I'll be heavily disappointed with this movie if Hawkeye doesn't joke around.

18. Matt Mortem

Matt Mortem RIP Hype Forums

Hawkeyes personality is what I like about the character so much. I'm certain Whedon won't mess it up

19. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

Well that and I think someone mentioned in one of those articles that since Hawkeye is one of the two human perspectives of the group, that he gets to show on how he, along with BW, are initially hesitant towards Fury bringing in all of these powerhouses and egos into SHIELD.

I wonder, given on how both Tony and Hawkeye have such rebellious natures from what I heard in the comics and other adaptations, can someone tell me on what distinctly separates the two in terms of their personalities alone? What makes them unique in that sense I mean.

20. ThePowerCosmic

I'm wondering the same thing. Tony wasn't always a wisecracking comical character, so the differences between him and Hawkeye were more distinctive. I'm curious to see how different their personalities will be in the movie since Stark's now seen as more of a wisecracker which is just like Hawkeye.

21. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Yeah, just another reason to believe they'll marginalize Hawkeye right on out the door. Hawkeye was *the* smart-ass of the Avengers team; Tony was nothing like that in the comics. Yet RDJ created that persona for Stark in the movies, and now Clint's trademark quips and sarcasm will play second fiddle to that.

22. ThePowerCosmic

If RDJ had never created that persona and acted more like his comic book self, do you think people would like the character as much? I never really found Stark likable as a person until the wisecracking aspect was added. It'll be interesting to see how Stark and Clint play off of each other with their comedic personalities. The thing is having them seem distinctively different while they both play similar roles (comedic relief). Maybe Clint's sense of humor is going to be dry and sarcastic as opposed to Tony's witty and upbeat style, idk but something needs to set them apart.

On a side note, it'll also be interesting to see how Spidey's sense of humor in his movie differs from Iron Man's and Hawkeye's. :spidey:

23. Quasimod0

Quasimod0 Bell-Ringer

Havent seen a single photo of hawkeye looking anything but mister serious. :(

24. ThePowerCosmic

Yeah, but then again we really haven't seen much of Hawkeye at all.

25. warhorse78

warhorse78 Well-Known Member

No, but in his brief cameo in Thor, he was making smart ass remarks. And, we've seen very little of Hawkeye so far in The Avengers. Can't tell what is going on by a handful of photos, and what, 2 or 3 seconds of screen time in the trailers?