Jessica Jones Jessica Jones General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the comics, Jessica isn't particularly good at flying and even worse at landing. So her being awkward when jumping worked for me.

She even specifically calls it out aka "controlled falling"

Yep, DD Season 2 (probably spring of next year). And then Luke Cage (probably in the fall/early winter).

I wouldnt mind a set up like that tbh, Like next year will return a hit seriess with DD, and probably give Jess a break, with giving us a new series. Maybe give DD a break in 2017? New JJ season with Iron Fist?

I have to say the women in this show look mighty fine, especially Susie Abromeit or whatever her name is, the chick tgat plays Pam. Even Carrier Ann Moss looks hella sexy.

Or falling with style.:o

Buzz_Lightyear.png

I still have 3 episodes to go, but I have to say Tennant's Purple Man, is now my favorite MCU villain. I like his Killgrave even better than his Dr. Who.

There may have been a couple times for them to say it and I was just "SAY IT."

I do wish one of the killgrave victims when having a break down (hope specifically) would have kept mumbling "the purple man, the purple man, the purple man" would have been a nice nod.. and made sense since he wears purple

After
the last injection, I was sure he was gonna be purple for the final showdown, and then I thought he might turn purple after Jess killed him.

5 eps in and liking the series a lot, girlfriend loving it. Tennant is the standout for me so far. He's killing it and really wicked as Kilgrave.

I only saw up to the first 9 minutes of episode 2.

Did they mention Hulk vs Abomination fight in any episode of the season? Luke resides in Harlem.

I wouldnt mind a set up like that tbh, Like next year will return a hit seriess with DD, and probably give Jess a break, with giving us a new series. Maybe give DD a break in 2017? New JJ season with Iron Fist?

I am VERY curious as to how Marvel/Netflix is going to handle the logistics behind these series' renewals and seasons. Is DD going to get a new season every year just like a regular show? What if all of these shows are hits? Are we going to get new seasons of each every year? Will that impede the Defenders series?

Well, there are 4 main Defenders/titles, and there are 4 seasons/quarters in a year. Seems like an easy solution to me. Let DD have April, JJ have November, Luke Cage have July/August and Iron Fist can have...January/February? Afterall, Netflix is the one ordering these series, and they aren't averse to releasing several shows in the same month, so it doesn't even matter if, say House of Cards or Orange is the New Black is premiering around these times.

Last edited:
I'm sure I'm in the minority in this, but I'm on the second to last ep, and this series has not grabbed me at all like DD did. DD was constantly exciting, even the first ep had me going "holy s***!" But I'm almost done with this series, and nothing really stands out. If this had no Marvel logo on it, this could just be any other crime thriller show. I mean I was pretty bored half the time watching it, even fell asleep on an episode.

Didn't feel like a superhero show at all, didn't care for any of the supporting characters like I did with DD, and Jessica herself isn't likable at all. I mean sure she's an a-hole, but there are lovable a-holes in other shows. And did I mention Luke Cage is such a girl? I mean i know he was violated and lied to and disgusted, but saying something like "you let me inside you" in disgust was just....weird as hell.

Sorry, I know this is getting rave reviews from everybody and their mom, bu this did not hit the mark at all for me. DD was leaps better imo, and I can't wait for its second season.

Not everything is for everyone and no need to apologize.

I'm sure I'm in the minority in this, but I'm on the second to last ep, and this series has not grabbed me at all like DD did. DD was constantly exciting, even the first ep had me going "holy s***!" But I'm almost done with this series, and nothing really stands out. If this had no Marvel logo on it, this could just be any other crime thriller show. I mean I was pretty bored half the time watching it, even fell asleep on an episode.

Didn't feel like a superhero show at all, didn't care for any of the supporting characters like I did with DD, and Jessica herself isn't likable at all. I mean sure she's an a-hole, but there are lovable a-holes in other shows. And did I mention Luke Cage is such a girl? I mean i know he was violated and lied to and disgusted, but saying something like "you let me inside you" in disgust was just....weird as hell.

Sorry, I know this is getting rave reviews from everybody and their mom, bu this did not hit the mark at all for me. DD was leaps better imo, and I can't wait for its second season.

She's not meant to be likeable. She is meant to be messed up with ptsd, being an alcoholic and a mess. She is meant to be interesting and her story is battling these things but still somehow being a hero.

If you didn't find it interesting that is fair enough, i know quite a few who didn't. I thought it was great. Different to anything i've seen before. Which i found refreshing. I don't want a dd clone. This was her viewpoint and story. Hope that luke cage is different again and iron fist after that. Then we will see how these unique worlds combine in defenders.

I totally get why some people would not like this. I've really liked the series (although not near as much as DD), but I totally get why some people don't like it.

I said to my wife that this series will probably be pretty polarizing for Marvel fans, for many reasons.

I totally get why some people would not like this. I've really liked the series (although not near as much as DD), but I totally get why some people don't like it.

I said to my wife that this series will probably be pretty polarizing for Marvel fans, for many reasons.

Agreed but i also think there will be plenty of people who like it that don't like marvel.

Really think that marvel need to do this and branch out. They cannot rely on a tried and tested formula otherwise people will eventually get bored. They need to push the boundaries. It might piss off some fans but it will also attract new. There are going to be so many films and tv shows that i think we can afford to take risks.

This show explored rape, abuse and trauma. These are really not meant to be comfortable subjects. And it is totally understandable why some people will be turned off by them.

I have to say the women in this show look mighty fine, especially Susie Abromeit or whatever her name is, the chick tgat plays Pam. Even Carrier Ann Moss looks hella sexy.

Rachel Taylor ftw.:ilv::ilv::ilv:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"