Jessica Jones Jessica Jones General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be totally fine with that. The Avengers would take on the main threat, Thanos, while the Secret Warriors and Defenders take on the threat on the ground and try to keep as many civilians safe as possible.

There's a page in Infinity Gauntlet in which Moon Knight looks over the chaos in New York caused by Thanos before leaping into action to help the people of the city. THAT'S how you use the Defenders in Infinity War.

I don't picture any of this happening within the same universe as Iron Man, Thor, Avengers etc.

Have those who feel this way had similar issues with the comics in the past? The publishers have always had a variety of simultaneous genres coexisting within the same universe.

Gotta read the comics first. Many posters on the site are poser comic fans. But have only seen the moies/tv shows.

Well besides being forcibly recruited into the Avengers, most of these people Cage, JJ, DD and IF tended to just do their own thing for years on end. Cage and IF were buddies for a long time and shared a book. JJ didn't really have much to do with anyone besides getting beaten down by the Avengers when she was mind controlled and DD basically told every super team to **** off every single time they wanted him to join. If it wasn't for Bendis demanding he get them all in the Avengers then I'm sure we wouldn't have them on netflix now.

I can easily see them never joining the big guys and being fine with that. JJ is obviously not much of a team player, same with DD. Cage might be but not until he gets more development and even then he'd probably rather be a part-timer. IF has a business to run and ninjas to fight. :p

This show explored rape, abuse and trauma. These are really not meant to be comfortable subjects. And it is totally understandable why some people will be turned off by them.

Just finished this and wow....this show was leaps and bounds better than Daredevil for me. So refreshing to have a show with two solid female leads that have depth!

To be honest, I find it a little trite that the one female-centric superhero show has to deal with rape, and the vengeance of that rape.

I have to say the women in this show look mighty fine, especially Susie Abromeit or whatever her name is, the chick tgat plays Pam. Even Carrier Ann Moss looks hella sexy.

Pam was hot s***. Especially that scene where she teases Hogarth but stops short, riling her up to "take care of things".

If the earth gets invaded i'm guessing they'll be fighting the invaders. They don't have to "link up". But they can show different parts of the world with different battles going on. It could be from thanos's viewpoint as he watches the battle unfold.
There are many ways to do it. Have shield call for all those with special sbilities to help in the fight. Even have an episode or two of them gathering the heroes.
They do need to be a part though. This is the biggest opportunity to truly show that everything is linked and bring them all together. Just as it was in the comics.

What are the chances that the Defenders team-up series is supposed to be happening concurrent to IW, or in between the 2 parts, with Defenders team dealing with the issues caused by Thanos on earth. They can have Defenders series deal with the fallout of IW1 on the ground, then have the series end with them teaming up with the big guns in IW2 in 2020. Would be pretty sick.

I thought the show was great.

It sounds like I'm the only one who liked the supporting characters on the show.

I liked
Nuke
as a secondary villain.

surprised they tied Reva Connors demise to Jessica and Killgrave.

It sounds like I'm the only one who liked the supporting characters on the show.

The only one I outright hate is the twin girl. Best I thought was Trish. I honestly hope we get to see her suit up in Season 2. Or at least move close to eventually become a hero herself, and then suit up in Season 3, if we even get that many seasons.

Have those who feel this way had similar issues with the comics in the past? The publishers have always had a variety of simultaneous genres coexisting within the same universe.

I've been reading the comics since I was a kid but stopped years ago because they're crap with the exception of a few.

I feel like maybe they're going for a gradual buildup for Trish. Like perhaps next season, or in another Netflix show, she gets better and MAYBE goes out in the field with Jessica. Then in The Defenders, she goes full-on Hellcat. It could also be an interesting character thing to explore with Jessica. What does she think about her best friend/surrogate sister "suiting up" and actively putting herself in danger?

I think Trish is definitely suiting up as Hellcat very soon, the groundwork is all there. I thought it was going to happen after she popped that pill to kick Will's a**.

The only one I outright hate is the twin girl. Best I thought was Trish. I honestly hope we get to see her suit up in Season 2. Or at least move close to eventually become a hero herself, and then suit up in Season 3, if we even get that many seasons.

Everyone hates the twins.

I've been reading the comics since I was a kid but stopped years ago because they're crap with the exception of a few.

But did you have an issue with Slapstick and Dracula and Punisher and Spider-Man all existing in the same world?

What about if the twin girl becomes someone? Typhoid mary or something?

Please don't make her Typhoid Mary. That wouldn't redeem her, it would just ruin Typhoid Mary. The thing about Typhoid is that her Mary Walker personality is a nice, kind, normal person. And, while Typhoid is crazy, she's crazy in a whole different way.

I'd be kind of interested if:
Hogarth becomes more of an out and out villain. She's not THAT different from Kilgrave actually, in terms of being willing to use/abuse people in order to get what she wants. Only she doesn't need powers to do it, she's just a damn good liar/manipulator.

But did you have an issue with Slapstick and Dracula and Punisher and Spider-Man all existing in the same world?

Well they had that time all the vampires invaded San Francisco to kill ll the mutants and turn them into vampires. Not to mention Scott Summers is related to everyone in some way or another. I'd love to see a comic series just trying to explain the how and why of his family with him slowly going insane due to the stress of it all. "How am I related to Galactus???"

It's called a "universe" for a reason. Look around at our own world, not everything is the same. There are MANY different groups, locations, factions, tones, etc. Why should the MCU be any different? If anything, it should be MORE SO! So no, I have no issues whatsoever with these shows existing in the same universe as the films, at all.

It's called a "universe" for a reason. Look around at our own world, not everything is the same. There are MANY different groups, locations, factions, tones, etc. Why should the MCU be any different? If anything, it should be MORE SO! So no, I have no issues whatsoever with these shows existing in the same universe as the films, at all.

Yea I don't get the whole complaint that the shows and movies don't always look or feel like they exist together when you can literally see it in everyday life. Some parts of a city are new and shiny and important while other parts are dirty, sketchy and always have this air of eeriness. Sometimes they are only a block away. And when you visit different parts of the world it's even more noticable. Here in Northern Ireland the whole country right now is just dark and cold and gloomy while in L.A it's likely bright, sunny and busy.

The MCU only heightens these aspects really.

It was perfect! I'm so glad for Melissa and marvel for making it. It's the story we needed to hear.

I really hope no one cosplays as the purple man at conventions from now on. That's just sick

G'day,

Look,I know Jessica is supposed to be more "grounded" but she really does need a proper costume. Not for what she's doing at the moment but when she becomes a Defender. Is she really going to be a Defender in old jeans and leather jacket? I don't think so, that's her PI look.

I think I know the basis of a great costume for her. Krysten basically wore it the other night on the Jimmy Kimmel show. Just make a more tactical version of her white pants suit. Maybe add some blue trimmings. Running shoes or boots instead of heels, a pink wig and large ballistic eye wear to help conceal her face.

Ralph

YKcuWWj.jpg

She doesn't need a costume. They've set her up as a character who just isn't into that idea. DD will have a costume, Iron Fist will most likely have a costume. Luke Cage might have one as well, and perhaps Misty Knight, Hellcat, etc should they appear.

Having one character who doesn't is fine imo.

She doesn't need a costume. They've set her up as a character who just isn't into that idea. DD will have a costume, Iron Fist will most likely have a costume. Luke Cage might have one as well, and perhaps Misty Knight, Hellcat, etc should they appear.

Having one character who doesn't is fine imo.
Luke never wore a costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"