Jessica Jones Jessica Jones General Discussion Thread - Part 2

While I agree Luke Cage, Iron Fist and the Defenders all have pacing issues, I disagree a lot when they are leveled at Daredevil and the Punisher. And even as I feel Jessica Jones in an episode or 2 long, I don't agree there either. And it is because I feel like a lot of complaints on pace seem to be leveled whenever the show about comic book characters dares to be a show about comic book characters. I enjoy short little arcs or one off episodes. Not everything needs to stick to the main plot, or its superfluous. I enjoy binging, but that does not mean the show needs to be structured for that.

Agreed. Though Daredevil I do think had some issues in season 2, pacing was not the problem (it was more the Hand storyline was just inherently inferior to the Punisher storyline) and both Punisher and Jessica Jones season 1 are well paced. Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Defenders I think ran into pacing problems because they made like 2 seasons in each show. All those shows changed villain mid-season (well...Iron Fist's eventual battle with Harold was known...but it took its sweat time to get there and effectively allowed Bakuda to hijack half the season, lol). All those shows strugged to regroup and it was almost like watching another show in each case. I'm hoping JJ2 doesn't fall into this trap.

I hope the budget has been raised higher this season. And some more intricate action sequences.

The action I've seen so far is a couple steps above what we saw in the first season. But it's on par to most of what we've seen in these shows before.

And nothing as good as the Daredevil hallway or staircase sequences.

Just caught a promo for S2 during the Oscars!

I wonder if it's the same one that aired during The Walking Dead, which felt like an abridged version of the recent trailer that used a lot of Season One footage.

Also, the Jessica Jones Twitter handle has been putting out a lot of comic inspired covers for each episode. For example:

DXh51RLXkAAK0sS.jpg:large

Set to interview Eka Darville (Malcom) this week!

When is season 2 set to come out?

Question: I saw the first episode, and didn't have a desire to quickly go from the pilot to the second episode. It's been on my mind, along with Daredevil S2, and Defenders; but the latter two are more important by comparison, JJ not so, but I felt I needed to watch the show prior to Defenders, or just to watch more because I didn't give it a chance, I don't think.

So my question: given my feels currently, should I watch a certain number of episodes before deciding to stay or not (if not, how many), or should I just go to Daredevil S2 and Defenders instead?

When is season 2 set to come out?
Thursday.

Question: I saw the first episode, and didn't have a desire to quickly go from the pilot to the second episode. It's been on my mind, along with Daredevil S2, and Defenders; but the latter two are more important by comparison, JJ not so, but I felt I needed to watch the show prior to Defenders, or just to watch more because I didn't give it a chance, I don't think.

So my question: given my feels currently, should I watch a certain number of episodes before deciding to stay or not (if not, how many), or should I just go to Daredevil S2 and Defenders instead?
Well all the best episodes are in the 2nd half of the season, imo, so I guess it depends on how long you're willing to give it if it hasn't grabbed you. In general I'd say if you're still not interested after watching the first 4 or 5 eps, you're probably not gonna love it even once you get to the good stuff.

Last edited:
flickchick85 said:
Well all the best episodes are in the 2nd half of the season, imo, so I guess it depends on how long you're willing to give it if it hasn't grabbed you. In general I'd say if you're still not interested after watching the first 4 or 5 eps, you're probably not gonna love it even once you get to the good stuff.

So just skip it?

So just skip it?
I mean I personally think it's the best show of the bunch next to Daredevil, and leagues ahead of Defenders, so I'd never recommend to anyone to skip it. But if you're half way through and still not feeling it, it's not likely you're gonna do a complete 180º in the 2nd half. FWIW, episodes 8 and 9 are where it went from "good" to "awesome" for me.

Thursday binge time starts! This is when work sucks.

Thursday binge time starts! This is when work sucks.
Thursday is conveniently my day off so I'm just happy I didn't have to request a Friday off for a Marvel show for once, lol.

Thursday? I thought it normally comes out on a Friday.

I still haven't even finished the Punisher yet. I'll probably start Jessica Jones and finish that before I ever get through the Punisher. That was so slow.

Thursday is conveniently my day off so I'm just happy I didn't have to request a Friday off for a Marvel show for once, lol.

I was going to say you always book the day off! Serious dedication :up:

I've got a big weekend unfortunately which might get in the way (as well as work).

I mean I personally think it's the best show of the bunch next to Daredevil, and leagues ahead of Defenders, so I'd never recommend to anyone to skip it. But if you're half way through and still not feeling it, it's not likely you're gonna do a complete 180º in the 2nd half. FWIW, episodes 8 and 9 are where it went from "good" to "awesome" for me.

I only saw episode 1, haven't been willingly to see (alot of things tbh) the second episode.

I only saw episode 1, haven't been willingly to see (alot of things tbh) the second episode.
I know, you asked how many to watch before giving up, no? That's what I was responding to.

I'd say Jessica Jones Season 1 is more interesting than what I've seen of Punisher so far, which is only about 6 episodes.

Iron Fist was a drag too.

The way that's drawn, she looks a bit closer to how Jessica looks in Alias. Maybe it's the facial expression and the way that the hair is drawn.

Up to 79% now. This will likely finish in the 80's :up:

Side note: Not really a fan of RT's new design.

what were the knocks against this season besides no Kilgrave?

A brief review I read in the Washington Post is that the character of Jessica Jones isn't anything different compared to Season One, or at least just feels like more of the same. In fact, more praise seems to go towards the supporting cast than Jessica herself.

That theme becomes somewhat tiring in the first few episodes until it leads Jones to discovering there are others like her — and one woman in particular, who is even stronger. It’s the discovery of that mystery woman that starts to make things interesting. You’ll probably be most interested in her in Season 2, rather than Jones’s daily grind, running a private-eye business or continual trouble with the law.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2018/02/27/jessica-jones-doesnt-wow-in-season-2-but-its-not-as-off-the-mark-as-iron-fist/?utm_term=.52466a44591e

Though they're quite sure to mention that while it's not Season One, it's also not Iron Fist. But then, it's hard to be that low, unless you're Inhumans.

A brief review I read in the Washington Post is that the character of Jessica Jones isn't anything different compared to Season One, or at least just feels like more of the same. In fact, more praise seems to go towards the supporting cast than Jessica herself.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2018/02/27/jessica-jones-doesnt-wow-in-season-2-but-its-not-as-off-the-mark-as-iron-fist/?utm_term=.52466a44591e

Though they're quite sure to mention that while it's not Season One, it's also not Iron Fist. But then, it's hard to be that low, unless you're Inhumans.
Agreed. I'm surprised it's at 79%. But still pretty good overall I'd say.

I get why they went with March 8, but this Thursday release is going to kill me. I'll watch the first five minutes today, but I can't actually start the series proper until tomorrow night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"