Jessica Jones Jessica Jones General Discussion Thread - Part 2

I can watch like 3 or 4 episodes tonight, but I am going away for weekend, so I won't be able to binge the rest on the weekend like I usually do. I will have to resume watching Monday, and just finish it during the week.

Can't wait to watch this tonight. I bought Ragnorak on Tuesday and now this, so Marvel is just deadset on killing my evening productivity this week :funny:

I get why they went with March 8, but this Thursday release is going to kill me. I'll watch the first five minutes today, but I can't actually start the series proper until tomorrow night.

I've got no WIFI at home. And local libraries kinda ban torrenting. So, I'm gonna have to either beg my aunt saturday to let me DL the series or try a place next week to get it all.

I wish more series would debut thursday. I always hate waiting to friday.

Looking forward to starting this but I'm quite busy tonight and this weekend. :dry:

I've got no WIFI at home. And local libraries kinda ban torrenting. So, I'm gonna have to either beg my aunt saturday to let me DL the series or try a place next week to get it all.

Use Killmonger's "Hey auntie" on her. ;)

Then you'll just be wanting the series to debut on Wednesday because you hate waiting to Thursday ;)

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to tomorrow and anxiously avoiding spoilers. For those who like when I make cocktails for my reviews, this one is hopefully exciting. For those who hate when I make drinks, sorry about that.

I only started today. Season 2 will struggle to match Kilgrave for villain of course but can still be good, even if not as good as season 1.

Yeah, I'm only on episode 8 so far but while Kilgrave is sorely missed as a villain, the character stuff is A+ here and it's still damn good and one of the best Marvel/Netflix shows, imo.

Not nearly as good as season 1.

I'm on episode 7 and I have to say it's not on the same level of season one at all. So far, at least. I miss Kilgrave and honestly I miss Luke too, even though he's got his own show and we'll see him again in three months.

I'm on episode 7 and I have to say it's not on the same level of season one at all. So far, at least. I miss Kilgrave and honestly I miss Luke too, even though he's got his own show and we'll see him again in three months.
Seems to fall off greatly after the big reveal.

One thing I'm curious about is why the lack of mentions of the Sokovia Accords?

Excellent point, though Jessica doesn't strike me as one who follows the news. But yeah Trish should def be mentioning that to her.

Excellent point, though Jessica doesn't strike me as one who follows the news. But yeah Trish should def be mentioning that to her.

The people around town know of Jessica's powers. The government should be going after her for registration or they should've brought it up in the first episode at court. Not to mention the lack of mention of Inhumans around New York.

Yeah, I'm only on episode 8 so far but while Kilgrave is sorely missed as a villain, the character stuff is A+ here and it's still damn good and one of the best Marvel/Netflix shows, imo.

Agreed.

Last edited:

Hell, I was actually shocked that the landlord's kid had a [BLACKOUT]Captain America action figure[/BLACKOUT] in the second or third episode. Usually in the Netflix shows it's only a vague mention of the Battle of New York at best, but Jessica Jones has had the most nods to the movies I think. The Sokovia Accords could have been brought up for sure.

I got through 5 episodes. Sadly, I cannot watch anymore until Monday. I probably won't finish the season until Tues or Wed night :csad:

Hell, I was actually shocked that the landlord's kid had a [BLACKOUT]Captain America action figure[/BLACKOUT] in the second or third episode. Usually in the Netflix shows it's only a vague mention of the Battle of New York at best, but Jessica Jones has had the most nods to the movies I think. The Sokovia Accords could have been brought up for sure.

There was the kid in Season 1 running around in a Cap costume, too. Plus in Daredevil, Foggy mentioned Cap by name. But the kid might have been the closest since the first season also used names like the green guy and the flag waver.

Binged the entire season yesterday after I got off from work (which was a big mistake that I'm paying for now, but I guess poor life choices kind of fits with the show...) and I'm actually mad at it. Particularly the direction they chose to go with a certain character. And a general complaint because this happens in a lot of movies or shows about a hero having to go through a thing and everyone around them is either a jerk dealing with their own crap or downright evil and an obstacle that has to be removed but then in the mix is someone that's actually a decent human being and that person that always ends up paying for it. What kind of message is that sending? Basically, it's saying all the jerks and *******s are right and being kind or decent is dumb.

I only started today. Season 2 will struggle to match Kilgrave for villain of course but can still be good, even if not as good as season 1.

Starting this will be on Sunday's agenda for me. Hope it's as good as last season was. :)

I'm here at work and i am staring at the clock. 5 hours I'm off. If I can find some wifi, I'm torrenting all of the show and watching asap

I just finished episode 6 and for me this has been more boring than Iron Fist.

I thought the season was okay as a whole but a far cry from the first season. Here's how I'd rank it among the other Netflix shows...

1. Daredevil Season One
2. Daredevil Season Two
3. Jessica Jones Season One
4. The Punisher Season One
5. The Defenders
6. Luke Cage Season One
7. Jessica Jones Season Two
8. Iron Fist Season One

I think they need to start moving toward 10 episode seasons instead of 13. Increased budgets per episode and a tighter story could help.

I really don't know why The Punisher gets so much love from fans. It was good but wasn't GREAT.

And yeah why are the budgets so low? They should be significantly higher. Is Marvel or Netflix cheap? I gotta imagine the Netflix series brings in a ton of viewers. It deserves better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"