Jessica Jones Jessica Jones General Discussion Thread - Part 2

They made JJ so unlikable this season like she still has trust issues even after the defenders ? it was hard to believe that and the way she kept treating Malcolm when all he does is pick up after her sloppy ass I really came out of this season hating JJ

and the unbearable subplot with the super was awful everytime it came up I forward it I truly couldn't care less

I still need to watch the final 3 episodes but I'm not motivated to do it

best part of this season has been Trinity :woot: and the cameo of a certain "colored" man

Last edited:
Being rough around the edges and treating people horribly is sort of Jessica's thing, LOL! That is not likely to change, so her treatment of Malcolm and others is fairly consistent.

They made JJ so unlikable this season like she still has trust issues even after the defenders ? it was hard to believe that and the way she kept treating Malcolm when all he does is pick up after her sloppy ass I really came out of this season hating JJ

Felt the same

Being rough around the edges and treating people horribly is sort of Jessica's thing, LOL! That is not likely to change, so her treatment of Malcolm and others is fairly consistent.

I felt it went way overboard with Malcolm I mean like he stated he practically is her roommate and looks out for her when everybody calls her a drunk I feel he deserved more respect than what he got

I felt it went way overboard with Malcolm I mean like he stated he practically is her roommate and looks out for her when everybody calls her a drunk I feel he deserved more respect than what he got

Meh. It's her thing. Jessica is a loyal person, but treats people badly.

IMO, I've always thought Jess' behavior towards Malcolm has always stemmed from the fact that:
A. He "betrayed" her previously.
B. She is probably a bit envious that he's handled his abuse from Killgrave WAY better than she did (though, it's bad logic because her experience was worse).
C. Jess CLEARLY has issues with men in general.

Last edited:
Jessica's thing is pushing people away. She is full of self loathing and doesn't want to deal with her trauma/issues.

Eventually they will probably get to the point in which Jessica is currently in the comics where she has somewhat moved on from some of her issues. She has a family and friends. She is still a mess and can be anti-social/abrasive/push away loved ones at times but she is far more stable.

Was season 2 a Mess or so-so?

I can't make up my mind. It started well, but seemed to have so many problems.

Is it too much for them to up the budget a little

or stay consistent with her powers? is she super strong? if so, how strong? And she can take a punch, but can she take 8 or 10 in a row?

or stay consistent with her powers? is she super strong? if so, how strong? And she can take a punch, but can she take 8 or 10 in a row?

You ain't lying man. This season looked really cheap, especially compared to the last season and the majority of these Marvel Netflix shows.

Yeah........ Reduce the number of episodes. This way the budget for these episodes will be higher. And they can do more.

Seriosuly.....this series would have been so much better if they had cut the whole jeri subplot and percy's arc.

If JJ comes back for third season...i hope they go all out (will they show JJ finally flying ?)

I doubt they will have her fly.

I find the Jessica Jones character more interesting than her powers. Her powers are pretty generic. There are other characters in the MCU that showcase things like flying and super strength much better than Jessica Jones ever will if that is what people are interested in.

You ain't lying man. This season looked really cheap, especially compared to the last season and the majority of these Marvel Netflix shows.

The speed effects for the "Wizzer" in episode 1 were hilarious and also creepy.

I don't think we need to see her fly, honestly. I like that it basically is like super leaping in the show.

I don't think we need to see her fly, honestly. I like that it basically is like super leaping in the show.

I thought it was more like leaping in the comics as well. :)

Yeah........ Reduce the number of episodes. This way the budget for these episodes will be higher. And they can do more.

Reducing the number of episodes isn't the problem. Any show can do 13 episodes. What matters is that the 13 episodes are carefully and logically constructed. It’s understandable that people might think "less episodes would be better" because viewers' experience of the pacing is that things are taking too long, so the natural first reaction is to assume cutting back on the length will fix the problem. As The Defenders proved, that’s not necessarily the case.

Just finished the season, overall liked it. I don't think this season is as rewatchable as Jessica Jones season 1. This season is very ugly and hard to watch in many regards, but that's not necessarily a bad thing as I think that was The Season's intent. I do like that they took some risks with the season, but as with many other Netflix Seasons, this could have trimmed down to maybe 10 episodes. Going to kind of wrap my head around everything and post a full review probably tomorrow

I got 3 episodes left and I gotta say... this is probably on par with Iron Fist if not worse.

The budget on this season is so cheap... there's so many stuffy studio rooms.

Unlike season 1 this season was very cumbersome to watch. It just lost its magic for me. Aside from the Punisher I haven't watched a Netflix show straight through without skipping since IF and Defenders.

Not as terrible as Iron Fist, but very weak. Maybe it was hard to match the first season, which I felt was the best of the MCU series.

But dear god, this season was bad. Really tough to finish.

Man, talk about a fall from grace, what happened to these Marvel shows? DD came busting out the gate swinging and could've easily been argued as the best comic book tv show ever made. JJ season 1 was a rock solid follow up, DD s2 kept the momentum going, not as flawless as season one but that Punisher arc alone won people over. Then...since Luke Cage its been a steady decline..the shows dont feel as compelling to watch anymore. I still havent finished Punisher ( its not that i think its bad but I just dont feel the urgency to finish it). What has changed since DD s2?

I feel like since Luke Cage the shows have had this common tendency to really drag things out and string the viewers along. A lot of episodes where nothing happens and tries your patience. What I loved about DD s2 was it got RIGHT into the conflict in the first episode and DD and the Punisher came to blows. That sense of excitement and urgency hasnt been present in these shows since. Why is that?

Last edited:
Mediocre. I liked the villain and Carrie Anne Moss. Marvel Netflix showed such promise.

Man, talk about a fall from grace, what happened to these Marvel shows? DD came busting out the gate swinging and could've easily been argued as the best comic book tv show ever made. JJ season 1 was a rock solid follow up, DD s2 kept the momentum going, not as flawless as season one but that Punisher arc alone won people over. Then...since Luke Cage its been a steady decline..the shows dont feel as compelling to watch anymore. I still havent finished Punisher ( its not that i think its bad but I just dont feel the urgency to finish it). What has changed since DD s2?

I feel like since Luke Cage the shows have had this common tendency to really drag things out and string the viewers along. A lot of episodes where nothing happens and tries your patience. What I loved about DD s2 was it got RIGHT into the conflict in the first episode and DD and the Punisher came to blows. That sense of excitement and urgency hasnt been present in these shows since. Why is that?

honestly.. they really should be throwing in some side villains for the heroes to take down... they don't even have to really relate to the main story just play on some of the theme to a degree

I agree that the Marvel Netflix Universe have all had a pretty bad drop in overall quality.

This season of Jessica Jones was just hard to get through by the final 3 episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"