Jessica Jones Jessica Jones General Discussion Thread - Part 2

Honestly, I didn't notice much of a difference (if any). None of the action sans her fight with Luke in season 1 really was all that impressive (since that involved many, many broken walls and a police vehicle). The rest was her jumping out of frame to simulate her flight and such. Season 2 was much of the same.
She doesn't have flight. She can just jump and leap really high.

I still go back to that scene in season one where she was in a rural area surrounded and managed to completely reach safety. I have no idea how she would have managed that without flight. It's the only time they hinted that it might be more than jumping but, just because she only relies on jumping doesn't mean she's incapable of making it flight.

Season 3 started filming yesterday under the name "V3".

tumblr_papsckO2YB1w1hv40o1_540.jpg

That's a quick turn around right? Season 2 started filming April of last year.

That's a quick turn around right? Season 2 started filming April of last year.

It makes sense, considering filming has already wrapped on Daredevil season 3, Iron Fist season 2, and Punisher season 2. With no plans for Defenders season 2 on the horizon and no new Netflix Marvel shows being announced aside from what we've already got, Jessica Jones was next in line.

Definitely looks like Punisher Season 2 and JJ Season 3 are coming 2020! I am hoping Luke Cage season 3 is in the cards for next year as well :up:

And seems Ritter will be behind the camera for an episode. It is always interesting when actors get the shot to direct or write an episode of a show in which they star, like with Clark Gregg directing an episode of SHIELD or Ben McKenzie directing and later writing an episode of Gotham.

DguN4XiUwAAfPOI.jpg

I also endorse actors getting directing experience on their shows :up:

While many are split on JJ season 2, I loved it and am pumped for season 3!

And seems Ritter will be behind the camera for an episode. It is always interesting when actors get the shot to direct or write an episode of a show in which they star, like with Clark Gregg directing an episode of SHIELD or Ben McKenzie directing and later writing an episode of Gotham.

DguN4XiUwAAfPOI.jpg

Congrats to her :sly:

I would have thought many people who didn't like season 2 but did like season 1, would still be up for season 3. The S2 stuff was like a big one-off event that can't be repeated rather than what we can expect as the norm.

I'm happy to watch a third season as well. :)

I would have thought many people who didn't like season 2 but did like season 1, would still be up for season 3. The S2 stuff was like a big one-off event that can't be repeated rather than what we can expect as the norm.

Yeah, I def feel season 2 was lackluster. I'm sure season 3 will be better, but I have 0 clue why they they did season 2 as they did.

Having finally finished the second season- because I'm slow like that- yesterday, it was solid, but definitely a step back quality-wise from the first season, so I can understand those who didn't like this as much as Season One. While the stuff with Jessica's mom is definitely more personable and more investing for her character, it's not as gripping as the Kilgrave stuff was. Consequently, I think the episode where he appears was, for my money, the best of the season. And it makes me wish that Kilgrave had, maybe not a constant, but almost recurring status.

Wouldn't even have to be physical, but maybe just a voice in Jessica's head if they can't get David Tennant. I wouldn't call the season slow since the show, by its nature, is a detective show and Jessica does get to do some actual detective work, but there are scenes I think that drag on longer than necessary. Not often, but some time could be trimmed.

Trish should forget having powers. The fact that she could one-shot Jessica's mom from a distance on a moving ferris wheel shows that her future should be in marksmanship because that's one hell of a lucky shot. And I'm curious if Hogarth/Trinity's condition worsens or improves in the third season. Also I wonder who will return. The super and his sun or the one cop who trusts Jessica, those guys could easily be recurring characters, especially the cop given that someone on the force is actually on Jessica's side.

Well I mean, even the mad scientist character was fairly innocuous.

I can sort of accept season 2 more if Trish is the main villain of season 3.

Trish being a villain? I don't see it happening. Hellcat is a token "good guy" in the comics. Collecting local superhumans of the same variety as Whizzer, and trying to get them to be heroes, would make more sense.

And as Hellcat is a token "good guy", it wouldn't make sense for Trish to evolve into a villain. All of the character development of season 2 means a lot, but I don't see Jessica rejecting Trish. Obviously, Jessica and Trish's relationship will show a huge bump at the beginning of season 3 as a result of the fallout of season 2, but I feel that it needs to end with Jessica forgiving Trish. They are sisters; demonizing Trish or turning her into a villain likely will risk being (to me) a rehashing of Season 2's "The villain is someone who has a familial attachment to Jessica".

DhcORp8VAAUXzD5.jpg

I am rewatching the latter half of season 2 right now. This show still holds up for me. I loved Luke Cage season 2, but I think I prefer JJ season 2 overall. I think this was a very worthy successor to season 1. Season 1 I would agree is better, but that is also think JJ season 1 is only second to DD season 1 in Netflix hierarchy to me.

Trish being a villain? I don't see it happening. Hellcat is a token "good guy" in the comics. Collecting local superhumans of the same variety as Whizzer, and trying to get them to be heroes, would make more sense.

So what? That's never prevented changes before. Rafael Scarfe was always a good guy and was one of the good ones in the comics. Not in the TV show.

And as Hellcat is a token "good guy", it wouldn't make sense for Trish to evolve into a villain. All of the character development of season 2 means a lot, but I don't see Jessica rejecting Trish. Obviously, Jessica and Trish's relationship will show a huge bump at the beginning of season 3 as a result of the fallout of season 2, but I feel that it needs to end with Jessica forgiving Trish. They are sisters; demonizing Trish or turning her into a villain likely will risk being (to me) a rehashing of Season 2's "The villain is someone who has a familial attachment to Jessica".

After Season 2 of Jessica Jones it makes a lot of sense considering where it left both character. She already rejected Trish at the end of Season 2.

They are only sisters by choice, but not by blood. That doesn't mean the bond can't be shattered.

I feel like in season 3, no doubt Jessica and Trish will start as rivals. Trish very well may be an antagonist of sorts, but I think in the end, their bond as sisters will win out. I don't see Jessica killing Trish or anything like that. I think Jessica may think it will come to that, only to realize she is wrong.

Next season is going to be messy. But that is what I love about this show: it deals with messy topics in a great way.

So what? That's never prevented changes before. Rafael Scarfe was always a good guy and was one of the good ones in the comics. Not in the TV show.

Actually, Scarfe started as a good guy, but he was a bad guy in Shadowland: Blood on the Streets.

I feel like in season 3, no doubt Jessica and Trish will start as rivals. Trish very well may be an antagonist of sorts, but I think in the end, their bond as sisters will win out. I don't see Jessica killing Trish or anything like that. I think Jessica may think it will come to that, only to realize she is wrong.

Next season is going to be messy. But that is what I love about this show: it deals with messy topics in a great way.
This is what I was thinking.

Jessica as an anti-hero and Trish wanting to be an actual hero, really wondering how it is going to play out.

Then the bigger question is, who is the really big baddy of season 3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"