Jimmy Kimmel

zanos

Superhero
Reaction score
I haven't watched talk shows in years but decided to watch Jimmy Kimmel this week because he was interviewing someone I was interested in. Everyone who was supposed to be on Monday was on according to his website schedule but NO ONE else who was supposed to be on this week was on. The replaced every single guest with different ppl. What kind of dog and pony show is this? I can imagine one guest getting bumped on a rare occassion but the schedule for the entire week??

Could it be something to do with the writer's strike? Are they airing reruns now instead of the previously-planned new episodes with new guests?

It's shocking that Jimmy Kimmel can't wing it and interview guests without a writer unless he's part of the WGA. :whatever:

i don't know about you, but jkl is my favorite late night show. kimmel is quirky, wry, sarcastic, bold, and a great interviewer. he reminds me of a combination of young letterman and a bit of conan. his show is often uneven, however, and like most late shows, some parts just fall flat.

not sure if anyone else watches him, but i think his show deserved a thread, especially amid his recent hilarity, even if i'm the only one that watches it. :o

if you merge my thread at least change the title. :cmad:

anyone watch his after oscar show?

such win.

i especially loved christoph waltz's der humpink.

Jimmy Kimmel has surpassed Jay Leno and David Letterman in the ratings. He's the new King of Late Night.

Well I find him much funnier than both of them so good for him

Jimmy is smarter and funnier than Jay and more likeable than Letterman, so good on him. :up:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/01/04/jimmy-kimmel-insults-jay-leno-again/
Jimmy Kimmel zings: Jay Leno 'hasn't been good at stand-up in 20 years'
by Sandra Gonzalez

Jimmy Kimmel has been anything but shy about his animosity toward Jay Leno over the years, but exactly how deeply he dislikes the Tonight Show host is made evident in a recent article by Rolling Stone.

In the magazine’s cover story, Kimmel — whose late-night show Jimmy Kimmel Live will find itself in direct timeslot competition with Leno and David Letterman starting Jan. 8 — is quoted as saying a host of harsh comments about Leno, with whom he has publicly panned in the past.

“Leno hasn’t been a good stand-up in 20 years,” Kimmel is quoted, a response to the article writer’s question about the quality of Leno’s weekly sets at the Comedy & Magic Club in Los Angeles. And later, he says, “As a comedian, you can’t not have disdain for what he’s done. He totally sold out.”

But Kimmel does not see his disdain as unwarranted, noting a 2008 incident in which Leno played nice only — as he sees it — in hopes of getting Kimmel to surrender his existing late-night position to make room for a potential new program with Jay on ABC. (The deal never went through.) Additionally, Kimmel is a well-known supporter of David Letterman, whom was famously passed up for the Tonight Show gig — he even roasted Letterman warmly at the Kennedy Center Honors earlier this month.

The article notes that Leno declined to comment for the Rolling Stone story.

I like Jimmy just fine, but this continued harping on Leno is getting a bit pathetic. It's starting to seem like one of those guys that gets turned down by a girl and then starts calling her a **** behind her back.

Letterman just threw a shot at Leno as well. They haven't forgiven him for what he did to Conan.

Oh oh for Fallon. For his sake, I hope when Leno leaves, he leaves for good and doesnt cause another Conan situation.

Jimmy Kimmel made no effort of impressing people with the switch to 11:35pm. It just seems like another run of the mill episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"