Comics So JMS and Joey Q know they screwed up...

Doc Destruction

Geaux Saints!
Reaction score
Now that I have your attention, read this month's Wizard. Interestingly enough, they BOTH know that Spidey is off track. Welllllll DUH!

Things of note:

1) They want to return him to Stan Lee's version (MERCIFUL GOD)
2) Norman nailing Gwen was Joey Q's call - "The fans will love it!" BZZZZZZZZZZT!
3) Joey Q hates MJ and Peter's marriage. STILL. Okaaaay, so your idea of good change then is to have Gwen nail Norman? The marriage is a beautiful thing when written well. Too bad you have no skills to do so.
4) They KNOW now that the Other was a big piece of crap.
5) They plan to move him back toward everyman status, which means you can probably kiss his Avenger's membership goodbye.

Interesting, yet it took them 5 freaking years to figure it out. Way to go, guys.

And to those of you on these boards who just sat back and blatently called me, Shin and a number of other posters whiners...

*AHEM*

WE TOLD YOU SO.

Ah crimney this has been brought up in another post! Ah, but I feel much better now.

If a mod wants to tuck this into the other thread, please do so.

Doc Destruction said:

I'm not sure what to make of this.They want to go BACK and make him the insecure Peter Parker of the 60's??

2) Norman nailing Gwen was Joey Q's call - "The fans will love it!" BZZZZZZZZZZT!

No wonder he was the only one of the Marvel staff who publically said he liked that story.

3) Joey Q hates MJ and Peter's marriage. STILL. Okaaaay, so your idea of good change then is to have Gwen nail Norman? The marriage is a beautiful thing when written well. Too bad you have no skills to do so

He's going to break them up I bet,going by that comment he made about his and JMS' collaboration next year.

LOL! And I remember the praise page Joe Q did at the end of the Other arc,thanking the readers and the Marvel team for making the Other so great and successful.

5) They plan to move him back toward everyman status, which means you can probably kiss his Avenger's membership goodbye.

Good.

Interesting, yet it took them 5 freaking years to figure it out. Way to go, guys.

Have they learned the error of their ways though?? We'll see.....

I think I'm still the only person who doesnt give a crap that Gwen was a ****...

WOO HOO!! Finaly, I can start reading Amazing again! The Other was gay as hell. Thank God they know they f**ked up.

I wouldnt start cheering just yet

So....the idiots who don't know thing one about Spidey were wrong, and the geeks who've read Spidey since they could conjugate a verb were right...?

Well....imagine that.

I don't want to be immature when saying this, so I'll keep it brief:

Suck it, Joe Q.
Suck it, JMS.

Not saying what "it" is.....just saying what's on my mind.

it doesn't bother me that spidey is with the avengers. what bothers me is that he has such a miniscule role and they make him out to be a total idiot as well.

The only good news that comes out of this, maybe, is that if they plan on "fixing" the marriage in 2007, that means that MJ is not going to die/leave Peter during the Civil War.

Though it makes me wonder if May is going to die. Does that mean
alternate-Ben
is going take over in that capacity?

EDIT: I hate Spider-Man being in the Avengers. Hate it.

Doc Destruction said:

This I'm okay with. Ending his marriage to Mary Jane I am not okay with. Seriously, you can't keep him a man-child his entire life. I hate regression. But I do like sticking to the core of the character.

MaxCarnage said:
Though it makes me wonder if May is going to die. Does that mean
alternate-Ben
is going take over in that capacity?

Don't scare me like that.

Wait a second....this isn't the annual "April Fool's" Edition of Wizard, is it? If it is, then there is a good chance they are yanking our chains.

Please....someone check on this before I pop open the champagne....

nope not the April edition

roach said:
nope not the April edition

Phew....thanks, man.

If Wizard had done this as an April Fool's gag, they were going to be put back on my hit list.

And I notice NONE of the "You just hate change" freaks are posting. I figured.

You just hate the chan....I cant even say it

Doc Destruction said:

Even more telling is that some of the usual crop who bow at the altar of Joe Q on other message boards are taken aback by this, even at comicboards (although there are some who are saying "wait and see" once again.)

Doc Destruction said:

That's because they are useless, mindless cowards.

Thats trucking refarted!

Ok they know the screwed up....GREAT! Marvel should realize how much these two suck for the spider-man franchise and GET THEM THE HELL AWAY BEFORE THEY SCREW IT UP EVEN MORE!!!!!

Parker756 said:
Thats trucking refarted!

Ok they know the screwed up....GREAT! Marvel should realize how much these two suck for the spider-man franchise and GET THEM THE HELL AWAY BEFORE THEY SCREW IT UP EVEN MORE!!!!!

You and I....we're going to get along just fine! :up:

Nice post.

Doc Destruction said:
3) Joey Q hates MJ and Peter's marriage. STILL. Okaaaay, so your idea of good change then is to have Gwen nail Norman? The marriage is a beautiful thing when written well. Too bad you have no skills to do so.

what did they specifically say about gwen and the other?

all in all sounds quite good (though i do like him in the avengers)

Doc Destruction said:
Now that I have your attention, read this month's Wizard. Interestingly enough, they BOTH know that Spidey is off track.

6 + 6 + 06. The signs are all around you.

That's almost great news. But, though I've never really cared for MJ as a supporting cast member like I have May, I'd hate to see them drop her to make Spidey more "relatable." He's 30 now. Deal with it. Instead of making great stories as they were originally intended, make great stories about the character of now. Drop the totem, drop the Other, drop the Avengers and drop the new powers, but don't drop what was legitimatly build up upon for 40 years. That's just disrespectful to the core audience and to the character himself, and all the creators that had contributed before hand.

You can see the writing on the walls...

With both Gwen & Harry in Spidey 3, you know they're coming back. :mad: :(

With Dunst saying she won't do more Spidey films beyond the third one, something tells me they'll get rid of her somehow in the movie, which could spell her demise in the books.

The one thing that would really bother me if they decide to "kill" her (again), they've really lost out on what was once the BEST supporting cast in comics. Other than Aunt May, everybody else is either dead or in limbo. And once they get rid of MJ, there will be nothing left of the past to build on (other than all the ressurection crap that will be pure nonsense in my opinion).

:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"