The Force Awakens John Boyega as Finn

I liked Boyega's comments about Finn becoming more physical in the sequel, can't wait to see what happens.

Personally I would love him to not be force sensitive but still be quite handy with a lightsaber.

I actually thought they were a good pairing, she's a strung up A-type and he's more laid back. Hermione and Harry would just probably end up killing each other.

I hope it will be Poe and Rey in the sequel.

They'd need to have an actual scene together first.

They'd need to have an actual scene together first.
Well Daisy and Oscar do make sweet music together. https://www.instagram.com/p/-5gkvBlE6r/ So maybe Rey and Poe will too.

I could never buy the Hermione/Harry thing. They did come off too much like brother and sister. I also didn't like Harry with Ginny either, I liked him better with Luna, or maybe someone that wasn't involved in the magical world at all.

With Hermione, I know it never would happened the way Rowlings, wrote the book, but I thought it could have been sweet if it was Hermione and Draco, considering his past.
Yeah I didn't like Ginny/Harry. She was too tall for him and looked like his mother. Hermione/Draco? No way, I don't want a girl going out with her bully and abuser.

I never got an impression that Harry was much of a thinker or an intellectual, to be honest. He's just intense and moody.
Harry stimulated Hermione's mind with his problems more than his intellect.

Harry was a reasonably intelligent young man with some wizarding talent. He was also a hormonal teenage boy who was a blundering idiot when it came to his personal/romantic life at times.

And he had LOTS of other obvious issues related to his past obviously.

I like the chemistry between Finn and Rey, but I have zero interest in them as a couple. But they make great friends.

Reylo looks absurd, but tickles imagination. Poe and Rey - I don't see it, personally. Maybe they should try Poe and Finn, lol.

Unless there's a good reason for romance, I don't want it to be forced into the story solely for the sake of attracting female audience.

When it comes to this aspect, im really lost currently.

I like Finn and Rey as friends, since they didnt had any friends, and friendship should be important.
But i also could see them as more.

The same for Poe and Finn or Poe and Rey...even though i find poe/rey a bit far fetched at this point.

When it comes to Kylo/Rey, im really unsure.
I dont even know if i want Kylo to survive or have a redemption.
I like the idea more that he goes completely dark...but im unsure.

But since i developed a crush on Rey, i would like to see a new male jedi character that falls in love with her.
I cant help but think about KOTOR and that this male character could be like Bastila.
I loved the whole Story with Bastila and Revan(the light side version of course), so i could see something similar happen.

Either way, im unsure in which direction i should throw my shipper ass:D

Personally, I hope that Finn meets a new female character which starts up a possible budding romance. I agree that Rey and Finn had great chemistry. He was very impressed by her and intrigued but I sort of felt like that was a one way street. Rey should remain focused on a larger goal.

I could never buy the Hermione/Harry thing. They did come off too much like brother and sister. I also didn't like Harry with Ginny either, I liked him better with Luna, or maybe someone that wasn't involved in the magical world at all.

With Hermione, I know it never would happened the way Rowlings, wrote the book, but I thought it could have been sweet if it was Hermione and Draco, considering his past.

Yeesh, Hermione and Draco? :dry: Rowling commented on that fantasy and I agree with her on that.

I'd be fine with Finn/Rey. I don't buy this notion that in order to be "strong" she needs to be celibate. Sometimes, the simplest option is the best one.

I'd be fine with Finn/Rey. I don't buy this notion that in order to be "strong" she needs to be celibate. Sometimes, the simplest option is the best one.

I have no problem with it either. I just don't want it written like a CW network love story.

I don't think that they'd do that. They seem to know how important both of these characters are to the future of SW.

Rey and Finn had wonderful chemistry and lovely friendship, but they just don't strike me as space opera material, romance-wise. And I can detect no physical zing between them that say Han and Leia had.

Rey and Poe had no scenes together so romance is unlikely. Plus I'm way more interested in his bromance with Finn :)

Rey and Kylo would certainly be DRAMA, certainly more drama than if they just turn out to be cousins (I mean cousins is family and all but it's just sorta distant compared to father/son or brother/sister). But while I can easily see Kylo developing an obsession with Rey, she hates him with the power of a thousand suns, so if anything happens there it's likely to be one-sided.

tumblr_o0sy70MJmj1rbtghko1_r1_540.gif

I can't see Rey and Finn hooking up because Jedi are not meant to have lovers are they? I know a few have but I imagine Rey would be quite strict in adhering to Jedi rules in order to 'belong' so to speak.

I hope they still stay big friends though.

Initially i saw that Finn was attracted to Rey. As the movie went on, it appeared that the attraction transitioned more to friendship/camaraderie for each. By the end, even with the kiss she planted on him, i saw their relationship as more of a deep friendship, than a future romantic one.

I can't see Rey and Finn hooking up because Jedi are not meant to have lovers are they? I know a few have but I imagine Rey would be quite strict in adhering to Jedi rules in order to 'belong' so to speak.

I hope they still stay big friends though.

Those rules might not even be a thing anymore.

Initially i saw that Finn was attracted to Rey. As the movie went on, it appeared that the attraction transitioned more to friendship/camaraderie for each. By the end, even with the kiss she planted on him, i saw their relationship as more of a deep friendship, than a future romantic one.

Agreed.

Those rules might not even be a thing anymore.

Do you think after Anakins fall Obi Wan and Yoda wouldn't have mentioned the dangers of it to Luke? And do you not think Luke would adhere very closely to that rule after what befell his father? He is then going to teach Rey the same things.

Rey and Finn had wonderful chemistry and lovely friendship, but they just don't strike me as space opera material, romance-wise. And I can detect no physical zing between them that say Han and Leia had.

Rey and Poe had no scenes together so romance is unlikely. Plus I'm way more interested in his bromance with Finn :)

Rey and Kylo would certainly be DRAMA, certainly more drama than if they just turn out to be cousins (I mean cousins is family and all but it's just sorta distant compared to father/son or brother/sister). But while I can easily see Kylo developing an obsession with Rey, she hates him with the power of a thousand suns, so if anything happens there it's likely to be one-sided.

Han and Leia had that zing because they were actually going out by the start of ESB. Rey and Finn just met each other, so as of right now, they're just friends. Though the relationship could go into something deeper in the sequels.

-Lucas clarified that Jedi could in fact have sex. They just weren't supposed to have "attachments." Which opens up an entirely different can of worms.

-It was a poorly thought-out retcon to try and push the "doomed forbidden romance" thing with Anakin/Padme, it doesn't really line up with Obi Wan and Yoda's ideas in the OT, and I doubt that Disney is all that concerned with continuing that notion.

-It's debatable how much Luke even knows about the old Jedi Oder and it's beliefs. And NOTHING in his previous characterization indicates that he'd agree with that notion. After all, it was his attachment to his father and vice versa that ended up getting through to Anakin in the end. So if anything, the reverse is true.

-And Rey would be even less likely to adhere to that still since she has ZERO connections to the Old JO and it's beliefs.

-I HATE this notion that "the hero cannot have a healthy personal life and still be a true hero" crap. I hate it in comics, and I'd hate it here.

-Lucas clarified that Jedi could in fact have sex. They just weren't supposed to have "attachments." Which opens up an entirely different can of worms.

-It was a poorly thought-out retcon to try and push the "doomed forbidden romance" thing with Anakin/Padme, it doesn't really line up with Obi Wan and Yoda's ideas in the OT, and I doubt that Disney is all that concerned with continuing that notion.

-It's debatable how much Luke even knows about the old Jedi Oder and it's beliefs. And NOTHING in his previous characterization indicates that he'd agree with that notion. After all, it was his attachment to his father and vice versa that ended up getting through to Anakin in the end. So if anything, the reverse is true.

-And Rey would be even less likely to adhere to that still since she has ZERO connections to the Old JO and it's beliefs.

-I HATE this notion that "the hero cannot have a healthy personal life and still be a true hero" crap. I hate it in comics, and I'd hate it here.

:up:

I LOVED that scene where she hugged him on SKB. It was yet another example of the actors being able to say so much with so little. The look on her face when she says "he said that it was your idea," how she said it, and her hugging him, told us exactly what she must have been thinking/feeling at that moment.

"You've known me for like two days. You were so scared of the FO and you wanted to run SO BADLY! And yet you came back to the LAST place that you'd ever want to come back to, just to try and help me? That's more than my only family has done for FIFTEEN years." Great stuff.

I'm not opposed to it as long as it's executed well and it's been done extremely well like any idea but I think here Rey can have attachments and turn out okay. If anything I think attachment could give her strength because she's been so alone for so many years. It's something she really values and seems to be apart of her now.

Agreed.

Do you think after Anakins fall Obi Wan and Yoda wouldn't have mentioned the dangers of it to Luke? And do you not think Luke would adhere very closely to that rule after what befell his father? He is then going to teach Rey the same things.

If anything, that's one of the rules that should be discarded, since it was separating Anakin from his mother (the only person he ever loved and who ever loved him at that point) and his having to hide a forbidden romance from the Jedi that put one of the major wedges between them. And of course, it was more-or-less love that brought him back to the Light in RotJ.

If Rey is really Luke's daughter, then he himself has certainly done away with that rule.

Count me with the those who want to see them drop the "no attachments" thing. I appreciate it as a flaw for the Old Jedi Order, but only as that; a flaw. I'm an Old EU/Star Wars Legends fan, so my entire perception of the faux-chastity thing of the Old Jedi Order was that it was a sign of how paranoid and cold the Jedi had become and that it's only real reason for existing was to make Anakin's family a compromise with his own Jedi ideals. As others have noted, it's far easier to see a character using selfless love and compassion for others as heroic, and it plays into the idea that Luke matured into a stronger Jedi because he found a way to use his passion (traditionally a dark side trait) to overcome evil.

And yeah, I kind of like the idea of having Finn and Rey have a romance devoid of regular drama. But! To those of you who may think that boring, I only mean the soap opera, refusal to communicate and other Bs kind of drama. There can be plenty of drama about two characters who may have a quiet, sincere, and honest relationship while in the middle of a kriffin' Galactic War! People can get separated by entire star fleets duking it out, or find that the other has done something morally ambiguous and is struggling with the decision they made. Or heck, have Snoke keep trying to use Finn to make Rey falter, with the drama being whether or not she can maintain her focus on the reality of their relationship instead of the twisted dark side version Snoke tries to make her perceive it as.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"