Johnny Depp sues ex-wife Amber Heard over article

Damn...if this whole thing was a novel this would like one of those crazy plot twists that you didn’t see coming that totally makes the book into a super exciting page-turner that you can’t put down until you reach the end and you figure out how it’s all gonna wrap up.

Damn...if this whole thing was a novel this would like one of those crazy plot twists that you didn’t see coming that totally makes the book into a super exciting page-turner that you can’t put down until you reach the end and you figure out how it’s all gonna wrap up.

Seems accurate. XD
This is such a car crash where you cant look away but you also dont want to look at to begin with.
I cant believe how often i check what is going on there...normally i dont give less than 0% about this kind of stuff.
But this is somehow incredible captivating because it is so ****ed up.

Two totally opposite sides of the same coin here. Both were abusive to one another to at least some degree. I don't know if something happened to Depp between his previous relationships and the one with Heard but no one said he was anything like this before she came into his life.

Definitely not saying she "asked for it" or changed his behavior or anything like that but something happened to Depp if even half of what she claims is true and every previous woman he dated asserts he was never like that with them. I know some of his acting roles took a toll on his mental health but still... something is wrong there.

...so, how long before this gets turned into a documentary or a film that's based upon the events that took place?

Captain Jack Sparrow vs Mera

Two totally opposite sides of the same coin here. Both were abusive to one another to at least some degree. I don't know if something happened to Depp between his previous relationships and the one with Heard but no one said he was anything like this before she came into his life.

Definitely not saying she "asked for it" or changed his behavior or anything like that but something happened to Depp if even half of what she claims is true and every previous woman he dated asserts he was never like that with them. I know some of his acting roles took a toll on his mental health but still... something is wrong there.

Some people bring the worst in each other sometimes. Seems to me Depp always walked the edge of the line (without crossing it) and when you mix him with someone who is already very aggressive herself... Well.

...so, how long before this gets turned into a documentary or a film that's based upon the events that took place?

Captain Jack Sparrow vs Mera

More like Captain Jack Sparrow v Mera: In Hot Water.

Tagline: Whoever wins, WB loses.

giphy.gif

Still praying that Charlie Sheen, Andy Dick and/or zombie Anna Nicole Smith are revealed to have been involved in this somehow.

Elon Musk had a threesome with Amber Heard & Cara Delevingne.. allegedly?

giphy.gif

Are they actually talking about Amber Heard potentially having an affair in the courts? If they are I don't really understand why. Who gives a ****, even if she did it still wouldn't be justification for threatening behaviour & death threats.

I thought Amber was the one with threatening behavior and death threats

Are they actually talking about Amber Heard potentially having an affair in the courts? If they are I don't really understand why. Who gives a ****, even if she did it still wouldn't be justification for threatening behaviour & death threats.
Idk how it works in other countries or even in all states, but in some US states affairs are literally illegal. The guilty spouse can be charged and sued for alienation of affection and depending on the judge and lawyer take the guilty spouse for all they are worth. It's also easier for the lawyers to paint Depp as a victim if his wife is portrayed as a cheating ****. Which is how a woman having a threesome while having an affair would be portrayed.

When my parents divorced the first thing the lawyers did was look for any evidence an affair happened. Both were warned by their lawyers to not even imply in text or calls that they wish they had an affair or that they ever considered having an affair, because it can change the power and leverage in the divorce trial even if no affair happened.

And if its proven that Heard cheated and Depp found out then his lawyer and Depp can probably claim any threats he made or anger he directed at her were acts of passion and or temporary insanity due to emotional trauma. Which makes Heard the instigator of the violence and not Depp.

Last edited:
What a mess. Every time I read this story I'm in a state of shock and awe at what Depp and Heard are saying about each other.

All I can say is that I hope Heard returns for Aquaman 2 as Mera. Some people might say that's beyond the pale, but I don't know who to believe at this point. It seems like a case of "he said, she said". And even if Heard is a psycho, she's a good Mera (yeah, I can't believe I wrote that sentence either).

I don't want to trivialize these accusations. But what we seem to have here is a case of two people each accusing the other of abuse. I don't know what the truth is. All I know is I would rather Heard return to the role than that it be recast. If that makes me a horrible person, so be it. But this is all a very depressing story.

I have no problem with either Amber Heard being Mera again or Johnny Depp being Jack Sparrow again. Both sides are such a mess that they cancel each other out, in my view.

I've no problem with it either. Theyve got a screwed up relationship. It's nothing special, or if we are being honest about our species, uncommon. I dont even care if they beat each other. I've only got a problem with spousal abuse when it's one sided, children are involved, or death occurs. Otherwise spouses and sexual partners can beat each other to a pulp for all I care. If violence is how a couple wants to work their **** out more power to them.

While I feel that Depp is way more irreplaceable as Jack Sparrow than Heard as Mera, there have already been way too many Pirates movies as it is so I’m ok if they let that franchise die. I wouldn’t even flinch if Heard is replaced as Mera. She was probably the weakest part of Aquaman anyway.

I thought Amber was the one with threatening behavior and death threats

From what I've read they've both accused one another of being violent & threatening to each other.

I don't think either of them are lying, in one of the recordings they both practically admit they physically hurt each other, if I recall it was something along the lines of he slammed a door on her toes & I think she whacked him or threw something at him in response to it.

Idk how it works in other countries or even in all states, but in some US states affairs are literally illegal. The guilty spouse can be charged and sued for alienation of affection and depending on the judge and lawyer take the guilty spouse for all they are worth. It's also easier for the lawyers to paint Depp as a victim if his wife is portrayed as a cheating ****. Which is how a woman having a threesome while having an affair would be portrayed.

When my parents divorced the first thing the lawyers did was look for any evidence an affair happened. Both were warned by their lawyers to not even imply in text or calls that they wish they had an affair or that they ever considered having an affair, because it can change the power and leverage in the divorce trial even if no affair happened.

And if its proven that Heard cheated and Depp found out then his lawyer and Depp can probably claim any threats he made or anger he directed at her were acts of passion and or temporary insanity due to emotional trauma. Which makes Heard the instigator of the violence and not Depp.

I didn't know any of this, pretty ridiculous if you ask me, particularly in relation to this particular dispute.

"Yeah I punched my spouse in the face as hard as I could, but it's fine because I caught him/her in bed with the neighbour."

I get the fact that everyone gets angry & when you're angry you can maybe say or do things completely out of character, but it still isn't a justification to basically absolve the person from any wrongdoing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"