Joker Costume for Halloween

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, so it's been a looong time waiting, but i finally have some pictures of my joker coat! it was privately tailor made for me at a place near where i live. i designed every aspect of the coat after studying many pictures (however, i was only aware of the four panels after the coat was completed. nevertheless, i love my coat anyways!:D), and i even got to choose the fabrics used. so far, i have only encountered two problems: no.1- it's very warm, and it's now summer time, so i can't wear it as regularly as i wish :cmad:!!!

and no.2- the colour of the wool is too bugendy/purple. i intend to give it a machine dye with some darker purple to darken it.

it looks extreemly red in this one, thanks to a bright summer's sunset!
55691177663603361128124.jpg

clothes091.jpg

clothes092.jpg

woah! sorry about the massive images! :S

what does everyone think?

I don't know, your pics. are so small I can't hardly tell anything. LOL. :p ;) I think thats one nice coat you've got there mate! :D

You wouldn't happen to be the guy who stands outside the Bellagio in Vegas, would you?

HAHA! That's crazy! I JUST drove down Tropicana, right near LV Blvd, and lo and behold, who was walking down the street? Joker, Batman and Spidey! And I can't help it, the guy dressed as Joker, looked just like jacksparrow900! I tried to get my cell out to take a pic, but the light turned just as I pulled it out. :csad:

Ah well, it was just cool to see, especially after I had just read Brad's post like 15 mins before I left.

HAHA! That's crazy! I JUST drove down Tropicana, right near LV Blvd, and lo and behold, who was walking down the street? Joker, Batman and Spidey! And I can't help it, the guy dressed as Joker, looked just like jacksparrow900! I tried to get my cell out to take a pic, but the light turned just as I pulled it out. :csad:

Ah well, it was just cool to see, especially after I had just read Brad's post like 15 mins before I left.

Haha! I was there a few weeks back on vacation and saw Joker, Batman and two Jack Sparrows standing out there. The same Lamborghini that's in the movie pulled up next to Batman and he turns around and yells at the guy "You gotta save Reese!" or something like that.

...If I told you, I'd have to marry you. ;)

Ok, I've been wanting to do the Nurse make-up for a while, yet somehow when I finaly decided to, evrywhere in a 30 mile radius sells out of sticker paper for the Dent sticker. Oh well....I still need the correct pen light (soon!), the belt, and pink trim....Enjoy?

7-15-09002A.jpg

7-15-09013A.jpg

7-15-09014A.jpg

7-15-09021A.jpg

7-15-09023A.jpg

7-15-09024A.jpg

And your bonus :

7-15-09029A.jpg

Fat guy in a dress, what's there not to like?

Last edited:
You're fat? Huh?

Anyway....the make-up needs work. Its way too neat imo. You have to mix some stuff mess it, play with it a bit to make it work.

ok, so it's been a looong time waiting, but i finally have some pictures of my joker coat! it was privately tailor made for me at a place near where i live. i designed every aspect of the coat after studying many pictures (however, i was only aware of the four panels after the coat was completed. nevertheless, i love my coat anyways!:D), and i even got to choose the fabrics used. so far, i have only encountered two problems: no.1- it's very warm, and it's now summer time, so i can't wear it as regularly as i wish :cmad:!!!

and no.2- the colour of the wool is too bugendy/purple. i intend to give it a machine dye with some darker purple to darken it.

it looks extreemly red in this one, thanks to a bright summer's sunset!
55691177663603361128124.jpg

clothes091.jpg

clothes092.jpg

Another gorgeous coat. I need to add some more accurate details to mine, like the edge stitching etc.

You're fat? Huh?

Anyway....the make-up needs work. Its way too neat imo. You have to mix some stuff mess it, play with it a bit to make it work.

Hey, I'll take that as a compliment, LOL. :oldrazz:

I made it more "perfect" because I based it on the nurses make-up, I used this pic. as refrence. :yay: :

face.jpg

EDIT - To clarify, I based the application on the cleaner nurse version, and the scars are obviously just place fillers. I think the skin lines on the eyes need to be a bit longer.

EDIT 2 - Less black next time too...

Last edited:
Here's exactly what needs to be changed, LOL.

7-15-09002fixed.jpg

Ok, I've been wanting to do the Nurse make-up for a while, yet somehow when I finaly decided to, evrywhere in a 30 mile radius sells out of sticker paper for the Dent sticker. Oh well....I still need the correct pen light (soon!), the belt, and pink trim....Enjoy?

7-15-09002A.jpg

7-15-09013A.jpg

7-15-09014A.jpg

7-15-09021A.jpg

7-15-09023A.jpg

7-15-09024A.jpg

And your bonus :

7-15-09029A.jpg

Fat guy in a dress, what's there not to like?

Jodo, what am I going to do with you, you're almost there... I dont know if you watch the Venture Bros. but when applying the white just "dab, dab, dab..." :) try to get those creases on the cheeks as well.... oh yeah and try to leave a small break between the white and the smile (top and bottom), basically you should have a small reveal of your skin as per Heath's make-up.

Like I said you are almost there and soon you'll always be smiling...Like me!

OTOH, If I had your hair I'd be made in the shade.

Thanks! :D You wouldn't beleive how many people ask if that is my hair, lol. I usualy tell them I stole it. LOL!

I'll be sure to make the little skin lines between the red and white next time, thanks for the imput! :D

Holy mackerel, Jodo. Good job, mate, well done. :)

And oh my lord - you've got them HEATH HANDS!! ;)

Joker1....what type of fabric did you use to make your coat?
Rob

well, it was a type of wool, and it's quite thick so it's extreemly warm. however, it hangs and moves beautifully, much in a similar way to in the film. now, the fabric that you see was taken down from the store rooms (so not available to other customers) from the fabric place i got it from. said place is called Anglia Fashion Fabrics, in the city of Norwich where i live in Norfolk, UK. there was just enough to make the coat, about 2.9 meters, and my tailoress was able to pull it off expertly.

it was actually a really good process: i went to her after finding her name under the business section in the phonebook. i took some simple drawings that i did of the coat (as far as i could tell from the images ihad to hand) along with my measurements. she also measured me, and the next time i visited, she had a mock-up of the coat in a cheap fabric. she then told me to go the fabrics place and choose my fabric and lining. after that, she had the coat made with only a few minor adjustments needed. then i collected it after a phone call, and she even threw in the patten she made herself that she used for the coat. it's her mane on the tag in the back.

I'm half way thru pinstriping my vest with the x and diamond pattern on it like his

vest2.jpg

vest.jpg

Holy mackerel, Jodo. Good job, mate, well done. :)

And oh my lord - you've got them HEATH HANDS!! ;)

LOL, thanks! :woot: I've been thinking about where I could take a similar pic to that "Heath Hands" pic for a while....Or like the bricks in the interogation room. Not even the police station has anything like that, LOL.

Hey, and good job doing the vest man! :D This is the closest I could ever find, as I deffintly don't have patience to do that! :

fabric.jpg

Last edited:
it's painstaking work to pinstripe then do x and diamond all the way down originally i just did broken pinstripes then i saw a high def picture of him and notice the x and diamond pattern here's the picture
dk0133s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back