Joker Costume for Halloween

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose I shall post, I've been watching for a while.

the first is stuff i got from thrift stores, minus the tie, even got the shoes, im going to scuff them up. all in all it was like 45 bucks for the pants, shoes, vest, coat, gloves, and shirt.

the second was a dry runthrough of makeup, i still have to play around with the scar, and i have some skin latex to help smooth it out. btw the hair is with the spray stuff, and there is white in it bc my roommate is going at 2face and he didnt want to put it in his hair yet.

the last, i died the pants with rit dye from walmart, two boxes three gallons of water. and i think it turned out alright. So now i just need to dye the vest and coat(which is mainly polyester, so i dont think its going to work, but it was cheap). what color tie should i get, I dont want more purple, and i was thinking green , maybe even orange.

i think you should stick with your own hair. but it's really up to u

Seiferqt, nice costume and very cool look. All except the gash, keep working on that bit. But good stuff :up:

well greg, i would advise against the spray. you're building up a pretty nice costume here, it would be a shame to ruin it with sh-tty spray dye. i'd say bleach your hair. but don't leave the bleach in too long. but enough to lighten up the hair a bit. and you can streak it if you don't want it to be all blonde. then just green it up. that's the best advise i have for the hair.

Thanks for the advise, but im a bit confused. I can bleach my hair blonde, is their a green bleach? Do you know a good brand? Would I have to dye it blonde first then bleach it w/the green? Give me some specific types of dye to use and techniques of doing this. Idk if I want to pay a hairdresser for this...

the first is stuff i got from thrift stores, minus the tie, even got the shoes, im going to scuff them up. all in all it was like 45 bucks for the pants, shoes, vest, coat, gloves, and shirt.

the second was a dry runthrough of makeup, i still have to play around with the scar, and i have some skin latex to help smooth it out. btw the hair is with the spray stuff, and there is white in it bc my roommate is going at 2face and he didnt want to put it in his hair yet.

the last, i died the pants with rit dye from walmart, two boxes three gallons of water. and i think it turned out alright. So now i just need to dye the vest and coat(which is mainly polyester, so i dont think its going to work, but it was cheap). what color tie should i get, I dont want more purple, and i was thinking green , maybe even orange.

dude can you take a pic of the hair spray/dye you use? what kind of pants are those, just plain khaki ones you dyed? Im gonna do the same thing, I'm glad to see it worked. Can you give me a little mor edetail about how the dying process went, I'm very nervous to use the Rit dye. Also, how bout a scar 101? Clearly yours needs some work but its better than what I've got now. Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Greg

gregchick,

The hair dye is from party city, and I really thought it would look horrible. It is made by Star Quality, and is actually flourescent. I'm still not sure if i dont just want to dye it, but thats what I used in the pic, its actually a bit darker, thats because theres white on top of the green on some of it.

The pants are from walmart, like 10 bucks. I bought two packs of rit dye, color purple(13) they are 8 oz a piece. Grab a bucket that will hold about five gallons and something to stir the pants with( i used a clothes hanger), put in 3 gallons of pretty hot, well hot enough it hurts to put your hand in, and mix in the dye, and drop the pants in. stir it every few minutes for 30 minutes. drain the water and rinse the pants till they run about clear, mine still ran a little bit of purple water when i rinsed them, then run them to a dryer and dry them, and ta-da, purple pants. Neat thing is, the stiching is still its original color, so it looks like they were purple to begin with. JUST BE SURE NOT TO TOUCH THE DYE, or you will look like you had your hand up barney's a$$. I used crappy trashbags as gloves.

and for the scar, i bought two scar prosthetics at party city and cut them, and im still messing with them. get some spirit gum and some flesh latex. I know it looks bad in the pic, but next time i get to sit down and mess with this stuff, ill actually try and smooth it out with the fake skin, and I'll post that. Maybe by the end of the week. I should have started on the vest, coat and gloves by then. and I'm going to try a two face suit while im at it. Best of luck to everyone. and has anyone found some other joker socks than the ones already posted?

my cousin taught me how to make great looking scars with lil or no price...
all u need is toilet paper water and flour...(like how pinatas r made)
id never seen it before...she made a rough example...and on the day of we'll make it look more real...and from what i hear u can actually put lipstick on it...so im very lucky

Thanks for the advise, but im a bit confused. I can bleach my hair blonde, is their a green bleach? Do you know a good brand? Would I have to dye it blonde first then bleach it w/the green? Give me some specific types of dye to use and techniques of doing this. Idk if I want to pay a hairdresser for this...
well, the way i would do it, is bleach my hair, and then buy green dye. there is a dye that all the emo/punk rock kids use called manic panic. it can be bought at sally's beauty supplies (don't know if they have those everywhere) or anywhere that sells dyes. bleach will just turn your hair a ric flarish style of blonde. but, that all depends on how long you leave it in. the less time you leave in it the less it will lighten your hair. i just say bleach it because the green dye will come out better with lighter hair. what you COULD do as a test is just bleach one streak in your hair and then dye that streak green to test out the green. you can do that before dyeing the whole thing. if the streak is in the back and you don't like it, you can always cut that out of your hair without messing up all of your hair. i used to have really vibrant red hair when i was in like 7th grade. i bleached it light, so it was almost orangish (i have really dark hair) and then i used manic panic and dyed it red. it was a dark yet bright blood red. their green would be nice. but it's all up to you. it's semi permanent. and bleach is definitely permanent.

construct.jpg

well, the way i would do it, is bleach my hair, and then buy green dye. there is a dye that all the emo/punk rock kids use called manic panic. it can be bought at sally's beauty supplies (don't know if they have those everywhere) or anywhere that sells dyes. bleach will just turn your hair a ric flarish style of blonde. but, that all depends on how long you leave it in. the less time you leave in it the less it will lighten your hair. i just say bleach it because the green dye will come out better with lighter hair. what you COULD do as a test is just bleach one streak in your hair and then dye that streak green to test out the green. you can do that before dyeing the whole thing. if the streak is in the back and you don't like it, you can always cut that out of your hair without messing up all of your hair. i used to have really vibrant red hair when i was in like 7th grade. i bleached it light, so it was almost orangish (i have really dark hair) and then i used manic panic and dyed it red. it was a dark yet bright blood red. their green would be nice. but it's all up to you. it's semi permanent. and bleach is definitely permanent.

Hey you and seifergt, thanks for the advice. I'm still not sure what I'm gonna do, I think i'm gonna go buy a can of the hair spray stuff and all the makeup and do a dry run. I'll take plenty of pics and you guys can all tell me what you think. seifergt, I have the dye but wasn't sure how to use it, thanks for the advice! I just need to buy a bucket now. I think I'm gonna hold out till I get some gloves that I can dye. I'm still looking for the right pair to try to dye purple. I'll put up some pics from my dry run by week's end.

Thanks alot guys this is a great little community of helping each other out.

Greg

Hey all one suggestion for dying hair could be to use Kool Aid. It sounds silly but you mix a pack of unsweetened Kool Aid with a quarter size amount of conditioner. If you need more conditioner to cover your hair just make more conditioner and Kool Aid mix. Leave this in for as long as you can take. The longer it's in the better it will look because the color gets in more. Rinse it out and viola, you've got green hair. If you have blonde hair the color could potentially stay in for a month or so but darker hair would be easier to get out. I hear toothpaste takes it out pretty good so that will shorten the time it takes to get out.

What makeup did you use? I have the makeup they passed out at the San DIego Comic Con and I thought about using it again but it smears really easily and its really hot.
Your makeup looks really good. Did you buy it in a halloween store or something?

yurka, it was from party city, it was some family pack that came with eight colors, some flesh latex, few crayon things, blood and glitter. The most important thing is layers. Don't try to get it all in one run. Put down the white with a thin coat. Wait till it is about dry then do another. I think i only did two coats with a third on some spots. then when that was dry i did the black and the lips. and same goes for that. I am going to do another run at it this weekend, I can't thursday bc i have an interview friday for an internship and the black tends to stay for a while, it looks like mascara.lol.

Anyone know a place to get vests. Can't seem to find any at any of my thrift stores.

yurka, it was from party city, it was some family pack that came with eight colors, some flesh latex, few crayon things, blood and glitter. The most important thing is layers. Don't try to get it all in one run. Put down the white with a thin coat. Wait till it is about dry then do another. I think i only did two coats with a third on some spots. then when that was dry i did the black and the lips. and same goes for that. I am going to do another run at it this weekend, I can't thursday bc i have an interview friday for an internship and the black tends to stay for a while, it looks like mascara.lol.

Ah, I see, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back