BvS Joker Poll

I dont think DDL would do a CBM. He seems very selective about the number and types of films that he commits to. I mean it would be awesome, but it just seems unrealistic IMO.

Probably right, that thought has obviously crossed my mind. Still nobody I'd rather see play The Joker than him though.

To Harry Dresden, honestly that's the only character I would want to see him play really. I've seen people suggest others but The Joker would let him show off his tremendous acting skills the most IMO. I know it's probably not realistic for him to take on a comic book character, he seems like he might think the entire genre is childish/corny. He's a very serious actor. He's probably already turned the role down before behind closed doors. But as I said, nobody I would rather see play the Joker. Some of these other choices could be very good too but none of them could pull it off like I think he could.

Last edited:
Probably right, that thought has obviously crossed my mind. Still nobody I'd rather see play The Joker than him though.

To Harry Dresden, honestly that's the only character I would want to see him play really. I've seen people suggest others but The Joker would let him show off his tremendous acting skills the most IMO. I know it's probably not realistic for him to take on a comic book character, he seems like he might think the entire genre is childish/corny. He's a very serious actor. He's probably already turned the role down before behind closed doors. But as I said, nobody I would rather see play the Joker. Some of these other choices could be very good too but none of them could pull it off like I think he could.

I mean if he did do one, id say DC would be more his speed. Their films seem to more of a more serious tone. CBM would reach a new level of respect if DDL entered to mix. He'd pull in some big talent- in front, as well as behind the camera.

With him as the Joker, who would be your ideal writer, director and other cast members?

I don't know who should play the next Joker, but whoever does should be tall and really skinny. Also as much I liked TDK look of Mr. J, I want the classic look back.
435659793_d1cce15ec2_o.jpg

I mean if he did do one, id say DC would be more his speed. Their films seem to more of a more serious tone. CBM would reach a new level of respect if DDL entered to mix. He'd pull in some big talent- in front, as well as behind the camera.

With him as the Joker, who would be your ideal writer, director and other cast members?

I won't begin to pretend like I know anything about Writers, I honestly don't know a massive amount about Directors either (I know all the major ones). I've only just recently started paying attention to the people behind the camera. I'm a very casual fan when it comes to anything past the actors/actresses. Something I should have payed more attention to over the years but never really did. I've always payed very close attention to the actors but never really went into the production side of things until recently.

The only writers I know I do like are Jonathan Nolan, Tony Gilroy and Steven Zaillian, but I really don't know alot about writers. Some of my favorite Directors are Christopher Nolan, Martin Scorsese, David Fincher, Quentin Tarantino, Steven Spielberg, Zack Snyder, Paul Greengrass. There are bunch of others who have 1 or 2, sometimes 3 movies I really like then they do a bunch of other movies I don't care about or aren't that good.

Visually I'd like to see it be more dark Gothic, like "Underworld", "The Crow", Tim Burton's Batman, etc. I particularly like the Underworld visual aspects for a Batman movie. I always liked that tone for Batman. When I think of Gotham, Batman and Joker, those are the type of settings I want to see. I would want a serious tone, it doesn't have to be as realistic as Nolan's version, I'm not against bringing in the more supernatural parts of the characters but I do want it to be serious and somewhat grounded. Personally I'd make the villains more violent, particularly The Joker but I understand why they keep the movies PG-13.

My ideal cast is always unfortunately going to be unrealistic, as we've mentioned with Daniel Day Lewis being unlikely to do such a movie. There are others on my list that are very unlikely at this point but here is an updated fancast of mine from the Batman reboot boards, I added in the already casted actors. I'm obviously biased but I think it would be a pretty incredible cast...

Batman - Ben Affleck
Commissioner Gordon - Bryan Cranston
Alfred Pennyworth - Jeremy Irons
Catwoman - Kate Beckinsale
Nightwing - Ian Somerhalder
Police Captain David King - William Fichtner
Harvey Bullock - Michael Madsen
Chief Clancy O’Hara - James Woods
Renee Montoya - Alice Braga

Joker - Daniel Day Lewis
Penguin - Ray Winstone
Two-Face - Josh Brolin
The Riddler - Robert Knepper
Mr. Freeze - Mark Strong
Scarecrow - Jackie Earle Haley
Bane - Dominic Purcell
Killer Croc - Kevin Durand
Ra's Al Ghul - Viggo Mortensen
Victor Zsasz - Ben Foster
Harley Quinn - Sheri Moon Zombie
Poison Ivy - Eva Green

As I mentioned in that thread, alot of these are unoriginal but I honestly picked most of these a couple years ago on my own without looking at other people's fancasts. Alot of them are unlikely to happen most likely. I skipped the Javier Bardem for Bane casting for some of the same reasons most people skip DDL as The Joker. Some of them I personally find to be almost perfect, but again I'm obviously biased. I'm working on a new one that I'll probably post when I'm done with it, it will change some of the more unrealistic choices like DDL, Beckinsale (though she has said a few times she would do the role, just seems like that ship has sailed at this point), Strong (Sinestro), Brolin (Thanos). Still haven't figured out who I would like to see play Black Mask, a character I would like to see in a Batman movie.

I also would have had Christian Bale play Batman until he was so sick of the role that he quit acting, lol. But I'm good with Affleck, though I personally would have went with Jim Caviezel or Karl Urban.

Last edited:
Visually I'd like to see it be more dark Gothic, like "Underworld", "The Crow", Tim Burton's Batman, etc. I particularly like the Underworld visual aspects for a Batman movie. I always liked that tone for Batman. When I think of Gotham, Batman and Joker, those are the type of settings I want to see. I would want a serious tone, it doesn't have to be as realistic as Nolan's version, I'm not against bringing in the more supernatural parts of the characters but I do want it to be serious and somewhat grounded. Personally I'd make the villains more violent, particularly The Joker but I understand why they keep the movies PG-13.

I totally agree with you in terms of darker, more seedy look to Gotham. I want a batman movie that is almost disturbing in some ways. As you say, to keep it PG-13, my wish probably will never become a reality:csad:

My ideal cast is always unfortunately going to be unrealistic, as we've mentioned with Daniel Day Lewis being unlikely to do such a movie. There are others on my list that are very unlikely at this point but here is an updated fancast of mine from the Batman reboot boards, I added in the already casted actors. I'm obviously biased but I think it would be a pretty incredible cast...

Batman - Ben Affleck
Commissioner Gordon - Bryan Cranston
Alfred Pennyworth - Jeremy Irons
Catwoman - Kate Beckinsale
Nightwing - Ian Somerhalder
Police Captain David King - William Fichtner
Harvey Bullock - Michael Madsen
Chief Clancy O’Hara - James Woods
Renee Montoya - Alice Braga

Joker - Daniel Day Lewis
Penguin - Ray Winstone
Two-Face - Josh Brolin
The Riddler - Robert Knepper
Mr. Freeze - Mark Strong
Scarecrow - Jackie Earle Haley
Bane - Dominic Purcell
Killer Croc - Kevin Durand
Ra's Al Ghul - Viggo Mortensen
Victor Zsasz - Ben Foster
Harley Quinn - Sheri Moon Zombie
Poison Ivy - Eva Green

Many of those are great choices! I really want them to bring a great, menacing and disturbing Riddler to the big screen - he could be as popular as the Joker if done right IMO. I do hope if they have Bane in another movie that they go back to the original South American origin of the character. As you said, Javier Bardem would be great in the role; even just as the voice! Maybe they'd either have a large muscled body stand-in, or they would CGI him by that point (I mean Hulk in the Avengers was fantastic, but it'll be even better technology by the time they'd do a solo Batman movie).

If we're doing this >>

I vote Justin Bieber for Robin!!

batman-robin.jpg

This thread just took an unfortunate turn.

benedict_cumberbatch_as_the_joker_2_by_zalkel000-d7mg771.jpg

I think he has the chops but the voice is too heavy for the joker.

what do you think?

He gets suggested for everything, but this is one rule that might fit quite well. I don't think the depth of his voice is necessarily a problem; other than Ledger, most Jokers are derivative of Mark Hamill, so it would be nice to hear something new.

Actually that's a problem with most of the hottest actresses, most of the best looking ones either can't act or are just average at best.

Actually that's a problem with most of the hottest actresses, most of the best looking ones either can't act or are just average at best.
Hollywood will pass any hottie they can exploit. Makes them money you see :)

You guys are missing someone.

Anyone watch Hannibal?

Michael Pitt is my choice.

funnygames.png

Was just about to post this. His work in the later part of Hannibal could easily be exactly how a death of the family joker would sound and look like.

Amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"